What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Is that the same Laurie Daley who picked 6 years of losing NSW sides?

Yes, the same L.Daley who was the soley selector of the side
ignoring the fact he was one of, is it 5? selectors.
Pretty much the only one of them with the balls to face the music when it went to shit year in and year out, and the ONLY one who put himself up, took responsibility for his part and quit as a selector

thats all ignoring the fact, and very well known fact that every coach for the past 7 years has got the team he wanted. The selectors do very f**king little. The coach names his side, end of story

but yes, lets blame L.Daley

Yosh

Coach
Pretty much the only one of them with the balls to face the music when it went to shit year in and year out, and the ONLY one who put himself up, took responsibility for his part and quit as a selector

thats all ignoring the fact, and very well known fact that every coach for the past 7 years has got the team he wanted. The selectors do very f**king little. The coach names his side, end of story

Are you just jealous that you're team is going down the sh*thole while Newcastle is gonna win 4 premierships straight? Dugan is gonna leave you soon to. Yes I'm awesome :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
Are you just jealous that you're team is going down the sh*thole while Newcastle is gonna win 4 premierships straight? Dugan is gonna leave you soon to. Yes I'm awesome :D

How are you? Not a day over 10 based on that response.

Its a bit late for you to be up isnt it son?
School tomorrow. The big boys are having a chat, toddle off back to bed and leave us too it.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Stuart is still the best option we have.

Gus: At Panthers and won't get his aging ass to a dominated NSW side. Proved he can be a great coach for NSW when he helped us win series and was an active and top-notch coach in which we had a strong player roster.

Cartwright: A strong coach and good at conditioning players and maintain a healthy roster (Not sure why Titans did so bad this year). But he suffers allot of stress, he dropped from assistant position this year and is more set on club coaching

Daley: Is a great person and yes he would be a good coach. To the above he is one of few selectors when it comes down to the sole person he would be great at helping the halves and hookers in some play the ball and giving pointers (Much like Johns should be training our halves currently). I talked to him at the pre-Origin bar this year and he is an intelligent bloke with good ideas.

Stuart: Has a s*it load of heart and passions. People will bag me out here but he has a never say die attitude which is a result of his whining (Which I must admit as a NSW fan to some degree with must agree with). He can dedicate his full time to the job, did well in 2005 (Although that was when we had Johns and Mini in his prime). He did well this year to make us strong contenders and bring back allot of passion and heart to both the jersey, the players and the fans.

Bennett: This guy would not walk near a NSW side. Don't want him to either. He's a great club coach but is a very mental and long-term based coach. For a quick two weeks training in cycles we need a coach who gets the job done quickly, can gel players quick and get the best plan down fast. Well that's just my opinion.

Either way in 2012:
- We will improve
- We will have a strong structure
- We will have a coach
- That dud Manly selector will be there.

Origin is most certainly alive boys. So get up and enjoy!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Honestly, I think Gus will never happen and I personally think he won't have the same touch he used to. He's done with coaching as far as im concerned.

Joker's Wild

Coach

lol sensitive much?

Yoshie is a nutbag at the best of times R69 and putting the whole selection blame on him is simplistic to say the least but Laurie does have to take some of the blame for the chopping and changing of the NSW side over the last 6 years, which most here agree has been a big contributer to the Blues continued failure.

Im not a fan of having a current NRL coach as the NSW coach and I think it goes the same way with those who have media jobs too. The Origin gig, especially the NSW one, is to big for them to have a full time job anywhere else.

Sticky is the right man, he just needs to shut his gob occasionally

RHCP

Bench
It was an improvement on 2010. In retrospect, I think that was the point he was trying to make. 2011 wasn't all about winning the series, not to say Sticky and the players didn't give 100% to do so, but more a year to start building the Blues back into a dominant team.

Stuart improved the Blues by a game. If he can do that again in 2012 we'll win the series. There are many good signs, we now have a 'team' rather than just a collection of players. In past years when these discussions came around there would be wild variations, but on the whole opinions seem a lot more settled and united about who should be taking the field for NSW, with the exception of a few question marks.

typicalfan

Coach
Stuart saying he would be happy with one win was a bluff. He knew the Blues had an opportunity to pull the pants down of the QLDers and missed the opportunity when we put in a horrible set at the dying stages of the first game and they scored.

Big Pete

Referee
It was a silly thing to say in general. There's a point about trying to relieve the pressure, there's another when you're making comments that show a real lack of confidence.

With that said, unlike previous series where there were little positives to draw out looking forward it appears NSW have found their solutions to some key positions and they've got plenty of players coming through who can lend their skills to the Blues side.

Really wouldn't surprise me in the end to see the Blues take out this decade.

timka4

Bench
Stuart saying he would be happy with one win was a bluff. He knew the Blues had an opportunity to pull the pants down of the QLDers and missed the opportunity when we put in a horrible set at the dying stages of the first game and they scored.
Those final sets of 6 were shocking from us, it's like we scared ourselves because we were in the lead and we probably shouldn't have been after all of QLD's ball on our line.
The thing I wanted to know is, where was Soward's long kicking game all series? Every time he went to kick in our own 30/40m zone they were all shit kicks.
Maybe the pressure got to him I don't know, but I thought that was basically the main reason he was selected for.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Ennis put a kick in from dummy half and gifted the Qlders possession on their own 30m line and our chase was also shit. From there the Maroons rolled up the middle thanks to a couple of offloads and Scott basically running over Ennis and then bam!, locky inside to Slater.

Not Sowards fault at all

Mr Fourex

Bench
With that said, unlike previous series where there were little positives to draw out looking forward it appears NSW have found their solutions to some key positions and they've got plenty of players coming through who can lend their skills to the Blues side.

Not sure who/what you're talking about here Pete.

Which "key" positions......and what solutions?

1. Minichiello........never to play again (I would assume)
6. Soward ........debatable to the extreme whether he is the right man
7. Pearce ......... as above
9. Ennis .......?

I can see the NSW side being another lottery next year ..........

oh, except Paul Gallen. He CAN play prop.

jbl31649

Juniors
Not sure who/what you're talking about here Pete.

Which "key" positions......and what solutions?

1. Minichiello........never to play again (I would assume)
6. Soward ........debatable to the extreme whether he is the right man
7. Pearce ......... as above
9. Ennis .......?

I can see the NSW side being another lottery next year ..........

oh, except Paul Gallen. He CAN play prop.

Yeah but Ricky will ashore as that there'll be no changes.............to the colour of the jersey...:lol:

Dragon2010

First Grade
The jersey is NSWRL and the sponsors responsibility, their designers design it. Like the fail in GameI.

Gallen played great this series and allot of players preformed better in comparison to the last: Gidley, Bird, Pearce and Hayne (Good like always) to name a few who improved.

GameIII was forgettable for me. 2011 is the focus now. There will be a few NSW boys in the Aus squad so at least we are doing something right.

Next year will be interesting. Have to trust in our coach though yet at times he should shut his mouth!

timka4

Bench
Ennis put a kick in from dummy half and gifted the Qlders possession on their own 30m line and our chase was also shit. From there the Maroons rolled up the middle thanks to a couple of offloads and Scott basically running over Ennis and then bam!, locky inside to Slater.

Not Sowards fault at all
No no, I meant throughout the entire series, our kicking game from our halves and hooker were shit house.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah thats a fair enough call. I was pretty disappointed in Soward's long kicking through out the series.

As for Ennis, one has to ask why he was kicking at all on the 5th. Stupid, stupid play

jbl31649

Juniors
Yeah thats a fair enough call. I was pretty disappointed in Soward's long kicking through out the series.

As for Ennis, one has to ask why he was kicking at all on the 5th. Stupid, stupid play

Hayne, although is ability at 5/8 is questionable, has a very handy long kicking game. Watch through the season put some long range kicks down town and some very hair high ones, that trouble opposing wingers and fullbacks.

If they move him to centre, he could take over some of the kicking on the 5th.

Ennis has got to go. I'd rather see Hinchcliffe there, atleast you'll know what to expect from him.

However, I see Gidley moving to half for the Knights and Mullan into Hooker. Reckon Mullan would do well at hooker.

timka4

Bench
Hayne does have a great kicking game, but so does Soward, he just didn't take control on last tackle down in our end

Latest posts