What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
LAM back to the Dragons anyone? as depth. Looking for a gig back in Aus for next year.

The old Pricey. I knew he was coming home to go back to the Sharks, but i must admit I said early this year I thought it would be as head coach. Not quite...

dungay dragon

Juniors
LAM back to the Dragons anyone? as depth. Looking for a gig back in Aus for next year.

The old Pricey. I knew he was coming home to go back to the Sharks, but i must admit I said early this year I thought it would be as head coach. Not quite...
Ah Mau ?? former popular player and clubman ..Recall he was keen to head home to family in nz ... have watched him during the season .. on a par now with some we will be hoping to off load ...got some nice recruits coming inc Bunnies Sua..time to look to the future

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Meanwhile we are waiting for our 80kg "young guns" to bulk up.
Difference between Polynesian and Anglo Saxon growth spurts. Similar with a lot of aboriginal background juniors, much slighter young.
Junior league is dominated by Polynesian players these days as they are typically 20-30kgs heavier from about u/14s
with other race types generally are not bulking out until 19-20 sometimes early 20s

Dragon David

First Grade
Difference between Polynesian and Anglo Saxon growth spurts. Similar with a lot of aboriginal background juniors, much slighter young.
Junior league is dominated by Polynesian players these days as they are typically 20-30kgs heavier from about u/14s
with other race types generally are not bulking out until 19-20 sometimes early 20s
True!

Dragon David

First Grade
Another great signing!!! How good are the Sharks?
Pricey will be a good assistant for Fitzy. How well they go together with Josh Hannay and Daniel Holdsworth will be interesting to see next year.

Ex Dragons guys in Barrett and Fitzy - who will end up better as head coaches? Poor old Mary is wondering to himself where he went wrong!!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

I’d take him for depth for sure

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Pricey will be a good assistant for Fitzy. How well they go together with Josh Hannay and Daniel Holdsworth will be interesting to see next year.

Ex Dragons guys in Barrett and Fitzy - who will end up better as head coaches? Poor old Mary is wondering to himself where he went wrong!!
I was being facetious mate, good luck to cronulla with 3 rookie coaches and Steve Price at the helm next year, they'll need it!

Don't rate Barrett as a coach either, the only oldboy coach I rate is Brownie.

Crush

Coach
I was being facetious mate, good luck to cronulla with 3 rookie coaches and Steve Price at the helm next year, they'll need it!

Sharks will be top 4 next year, I have no doubt.
With their caretaker coach they have just put 50 on a team that we lost to twice this year.
Add in Funicane, Hynes, McInnes, new coaches….
Sharks are streets ahead of us unfortunately.
Hopefully Dragons are up there with them next year

TruSaint

Referee
With their caretaker coach they have just put 50 on a team that we lost to twice this year.

Maybe not top 4 , but close.

Price was a poor coach with us, but he moved on. Did well with Warrington.

since77

Juniors

He really pulled their pants down….

After reading this article below I wouldn't want Browny in charge of my team...

slippery5

Juniors
Agree he is not the fastest, but when you can trample the opposition, you don't need to be the fastest. So you would not have taken Meninga as a centre either? Gypsy was one of our most loved players, but hardly a fast winger.
Although I would take Suli over Bird as a centre (at the right price) I think the bigger issue with him is whether he can stay switched on for a few games let alone a full season.
Both Meninga & Gypsie were much faster at his current age 23, he looked pedestrian the other night when the Raiders player ran around him easily.
In saying that, he is probably our best option at left centre & would offer just as much speed that Bird does, I just remember him saying "he can't swim very well" but maybe that was with McNoidea at the helm?

slippery5

Juniors

LAM......You can't be serious ??????????????????????????

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I disagree mate. You can use us as the comparison but in reality they're a fringe top 8 side this year and a few rookie coaches + pricey along with a few overpaid players won't lift them above the current top 5 sides in my view. They certainly will not be top 4 in 2022.

thebigredv

First Grade
I disagree mate. You can use us as the comparison but in reality they're a fringe top 8 side this year and a few rookie coaches + pricey along with a few overpaid players won't lift them above the current top 5 sides in my view. They certainly will not be top 4 in 2022.

Reckon if you're a Sharks fan (or a Bulldog) you got a lot to look forward to in 2022 in terms of being in the thick of it come finals. McIness, Hynes and Finucane makes them a different team, on the fringe of the top 4. A bit to like in their newer players in Trindall, Tracey, and Kennedy plus some alright forwards. Heading in the right direction.

A lot can change and surprise, but as Dragons that won't be until 2023 for us.

Latest posts