What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The run home

emjaycee

Coach
Of all the teams vying for the last couple of spots in the top 8, I would rather be Parra then most of the others.

Melbourne could easily only win 1 more (Broncos) and only get to 30 points.

Cowboys and Warriors have tough draws and could only win 1 each as well (Sharks and Titans) and they would both finish on 28.

Dragons are the smokey to be wary of - if they win all 3 against Titans, Broncos and Knights they push onto 30 points with a superior F/A. But if they do that, Broncos only win 1 more (Knights) so they get stuck on 28.

We win 2 of our last 3 and we are on 30 which gives us 7th or 8th depending on St George (and the Warriors and Cowboys not winning more than 1).

We win all 3 and we are good for September football and my trip to the snow is potentially a shit weekend.

hindy111

Post Whore
The good thing is, we don't need to rely on other teams if we win our last 3 games

Drop one from now on ,then we need certain results to go our way

Go the eels

Wrong.....Do the maths . We need cowboys and Warriors to drop a game.If they win all 3 we win all three we still miss out.

1=1 = ?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Souths did us no favours!

Now our best chances for someone to drop points are Warriors v Easts, Warriors v Penrith and NQ v Manly.

OR

The unbelievable happens and Melbourne lose to both Penrith and Easts!

Bandwagon

Staff member
Or the Dogs lose to the Rabbits and Titans.

Which would mean Parra would need to win both the Knights and Raiders games, and pending other results could see the Dogs drop out of the eight

#bestcasescenario

Or the Dogs lose to the Rabbits and Titans.

Which would mean Parra would need to win both the Knights and Raiders games, and pending other results could see the Dogs drop out of the eight

#bestcasescenario

Dogs won't lose to the titans.

Our greatest hope qualifying is just to win all games and hope warriors drop just one game.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Dogs won't lose to the titans.

Our greatest hope qualifying is just to win all games and hope warriors drop just one game.

Probably not, and after watching the Cows take it up to the Bunnies forwards last night, the Dogs pack is probably in with a shot against the Rabbits, how ever unlikely given the Dogs recent poor form.

But one can dream.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Knights are gone. Jeremy Smith is a massive lose. Snowden as well, he was really ripping in. Bennett is preparing his Broncos side for next year. Plus if Mullen doesn't play against us its really 2 points in the bag.

And hopefully 20-30 points wiped out from our minus differential

Bandwagon

Staff member
Our differential doesn't really matter any more, improving it won't come into play for spot in the eight. It's too far gone.

Melbourne also have at least some chance of losing all 3 games. I doubt they will but you never know. I think their easiest game is against the Broncos, so it's not exactly as if they are all foregone conclusions.

eels_fan

First Grade
I want Melbourne to win their 3 so they are top 4, guarantees we are not heading to Melbourne week 1 of the finals which would be a suicide mission.

Western_Eel

Juniors
i gave up on tipping games about round 10, so ill just sit back and hope the eels win the last 2 games and take it from there

Latest posts