What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The run home.

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like a win tonight will secure a top 4 position in the finals and a loss will put us at 6th.

Bizarre but finishing 4th we play Storm in Melbourne. 6th we get a home game vs Cowboys.

I guess the latter is sudden death.

Last Week

Bench
Looks like a win tonight will secure a top 4 position in the finals and a loss will put us at 6th.

Bizarre but finishing 4th we play Storm in Melbourne. 6th we get a home game vs Cowboys.

I guess the latter is sudden death.

Should we finish 4th, who did you predict we would play in week 2 of the finals? (Assuming that we lose to Melbourne)

Last Week

Bench
This changes things.

This weekend, we want the Roosters to beat the Sharks. Then we're safe in 4th for the weekend.

Then, next week, should we beat Souths, we're guaranteed top 4, likely 4th. We could go to 3rd if the Broncos lose to the Cowboys.

The best we can go is 2nd. For that top happen, we would need Cronulla to beat the Roosters this week, and then the following;
Brisbane losing to the Cowboys,
Roosters losing to the Titans,
Cronulla losing to Newcastle.

So, best case scenario, if we beat Souths, we could be 2nd, but likely 4th.

Worst case scenario, we lose to Souths, Cronulla and Penrith win their last two, and we're 6th.

One thing that we can be assured of is that at some point, we're going to host a home final.

To finish third we need:

Cronulla to beat the Roosters

Then
Cows to beat Brisbane
Roosters beat Titans
Knights beat Sharks

And obviously we need to beat Souffs

I'm half cut though so I could be way off.
I hope you're way way off... that's a crazy multi.

TheParraboy

Staff member
tbh hope we finish 2nd or 3rd and broncos 2nd or 3rd and belt them up again

we lift and have the mogrel against them

We will have a stronger side with French and Mau back, maybe Scott and Kysa (off the bench) as well

Broncos were lucky we had a few forwards injured in the 2nd half, would have been 60-16 score line

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So I reckon our chances of a top 4 spot all comes down to the Sharks / Roosters game.

Broncos / Roosters / sharks will all probably win in the final round. Slight chance Broncos may lose against the cowboys.

So if sharks win tomorrow , we probably finish in 5th (on f/a). We really need the Roosters win!!!

Last Week

Bench
So I reckon our chances of a top 4 spot all comes down to the Sharks / Roosters game.

Broncos / Roosters / sharks will all probably win in the final round. Slight chance Broncos may lose against the cowboys.

So if sharks win tomorrow , we probably finish in 5th (on f/a). We really need the Roosters win!!!

I'm not writing off Newcastle against Cronulla. They usually perform in their last home game of the year, old boys day. Their in form, Cronulla this year and last year don't mind dropping a game at the end of the year either.