What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The run home.

Kornstar

Coach
Maybe, but I reckon playing Roosters (assuming they finish 2nd and us 3rd) in the first week is a better path.

Better beating the storm in the GF!!

It is a better path for us supporters cause it will be in Sydney but meeting the Storm early and while in this form because we can learn something from the game and not be surprised like last time in 09........

Bazal

Post Whore
I really think i want to play Melbourne. Greatest test of all and with the bonus of knowing you still play the week after if you lose.

Yeah but if they bash you by 40 you're not gonna be all that confident the next week....

3rd is the safe bet IMO. An "away" semi in Sydney, plenty of Eels fans there given it's our first in 8 f**king years...we could practically turn it into a home atmosphere

Of course it's out of our control but I'd prefer to play in Sydney than Melbourne.

IFR33K

Coach
Since this thread was made, we had 8 games left, plus a bye up our sleeves. We were scrapping for a top 8 finish, and hoping to win 4, maybe 5 games. We've somehow managed to win all but 1 game, with 1 remaining. Nobody gave us a chance for a top 4 finish, not 8 weeks ago and not even eels fans.

Have we overachieved or are we genuine contenders?

Has the addition of Moses been the difference?

More importantly, can we mix it with the top teams???

caylo

Bench
Maybe, but I reckon playing Roosters (assuming they finish 2nd and us 3rd) in the first week is a better path.

Better beating the storm in the GF!!
If we play the storm in round 1 we cant play then before the GF. If end up 2nd or 3rd and lose we end up playing the storm (most likely) in the prelim

Kornstar

Coach
Yeah but if they bash you by 40 you're not gonna be all that confident the next week....

3rd is the safe bet IMO. An "away" semi in Sydney, plenty of Eels fans there given it's our first in 8 f**king years...we could practically turn it into a home atmosphere

Of course it's out of our control but I'd prefer to play in Sydney than Melbourne.

But then don't we move onto the Storm side if we lose and make it to the qualifier? So we would still have to play them down there in the finals?

Bazal

Post Whore
But then don't we move onto the Storm side if we lose and make it to the qualifier? So we would still have to play them down there in the finals?

I dislike the idea of planning for a loss. 3rd presents us the best chance of a win whilst still getting the second bite, so I'm hoping for 3rd.

Kornstar

Coach
I dislike the idea of planning for a loss. 3rd presents us the best chance of a win whilst still getting the second bite, so I'm hoping for 3rd.

Yeah i've changed my mind. Thanks to our resident Bronco troll i want them to lose next week and us win and play the Roosters in week 1 and they go down to Melbourne and get their ass handed to them.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah i've changed my mind. Thanks to our resident Bronco troll i want them to lose next week and us win and play the Roosters in week 1 and they go down to Melbourne and get their ass handed to them.

That's also a relevant consideration :p

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

True, but to win the comp we probably have to beat them at some point but I reckon they are morals for week 1.

I would rather play them in a sudden death game, they do know how to choke in sudden death games over the last few years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nah, posters on here tell us we are not top 4 cause we got towed up by the Roosters.

Roosters are top 4 even though they got towed up by a similar score......

We aren't top 4 though, cause some posters on here say we aren't.........the table is wrong.
We'll finish in the top four because there are fewer than four genuine top four sides. Somebody has to fill the rest of the table.

I reckon next year we might be a legit top four side though. We'd need a few young merkins to have a big off season though. Also depends how well we replace Radradra.

Basil Brush

Juniors
We'll finish in the top four because there are fewer than four genuine top four sides. Somebody has to fill the rest of the table.

I reckon next year we might be a legit top four side though. We'd need a few young merkins to have a big off season though. Also depends how well we replace Radradra.
You are so negative.

If we finish in the top 4, we are a true top 4 side.

Bazal

Post Whore
You are so negative.

If we finish in the top 4, we are a true top 4 side.

I don't think it's negativity, I think it's realism.

We're probably a 6th-quality side, in a very even year. It's not to say we don't deserve to be top 4 this year, it's more that we still have a few things to address before we're a side that you look at go "wow, yeah, they should finish top 4."

It's the "top 4 side in a given year" vs "genuine top 4 side" relativity.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We now need the cowboys to beat the broncos next week to open up 3rd spot for us!!

Would be good if Dragons win tomorrow, thus giving hope to the Cowboys 6th spot is still possible (if they beat the broncos ) and a home final in Townsville.

Come on dragons !!
How interesting are non-Parra games all of a sudden!

Forty20

First Grade
I am pretty chuffed because I tipped us for 4th all the way back at the start of the year. In fact I ended up getting most of the eventual Top 8 right although the actual order is a mess...I bought way too heavily into the Penrith hype.

1. Panthers
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Eels
5. Raiders
6. Roosters
7. Broncos
8. Sharks

Of course I never would have brought these predictions back to the light of modern day if I was miles off the mark. :)