What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

BxTom

Bench
Cotric got sent off for a spear tackle, so Raiders should be missing him when we play them in two weeks.

TheFrog

Coach
Dragons have a habit of ending our winning runs. They broke our 6 game run in 1984, they broke another 6 game run in 1989, and they broke a 7 game run in 2017. They might have been flogged today but its lights out for them if they lose this one.

Cotric got sent off for a spear tackle, so Raiders should be missing him when we play them in two weeks.

They are a dangerous attacking side, they will sorely test our defence even without him. Wish we had Hodgson.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Next week could be very good for us.

1- We play the Dragons at home.
2- The 2 teams one win ahead of us on the ladder play each other (Manly V Eels)
3- The team equal with us on the ladder (Knights) plays the Roosters away.
4- The Sharks one win behind us play the Warriors away.
5- The Tigers also one win behind us play the Raiders away.
6- The Cowboys also one win behind play Souths at home.

TheFrog

Coach
[
The Broncos a few years ago came 8th with a losing record.

Even with our PD we’ll probably get in with 12 wins.
2007, Broncos made 8th with 11 wins. What happened that year was there was 1st and 2nd only lost 9 between them while 15th and 16th won 17. This tends to move the median point downwards.

The Titans also made the finals in '16 with 11 wins and a draw but Parra lost points and the Titans would have run 9th.

At this stage if the Storm and Rabbitohs/Roosters/Raiders keep winning and also the Bulldogs and Titans win a few this might mean 12 wins makes it, but you'd want a decent for and against. I think the aim should be 13. To me it looks like 2nd is going to be a mile behind first, whoever gets it.

Fangs

Coach
Just re-watched the Dragons v Raiders game. We play both these sides in the coming weeks and I think both will be very dangerous.

Dragons: Full of rep stars, they'll be embarrassed after that loss. I'm expecting a much better performance, they just can't lose on Friday. Corey Norman is very good at isolating defenders so if he gets a shot at Maloney we might find ourselves in trouble.

They conceeded some very soft tries on the fringes. Cotric/Croker weren't doing anything spectacular. Very simple missed tackles and poor scramble from the Dragons. I'm confident we can score points out wide if we keep spreading it.

Raiders: Dominated out wide but it's really in the middle they will beat us. Hodgson is the halfback and hooker, similar to Cameron Smith. He will catch our lazy middle forwards often and I expect to concede a lot of penalties.

We have a decent defensive record of late. I'll be surprised if we surrender as meekly as the Dragons did. Particularly out wide. Our back 5 are playing the best they have all year and they are itching to score tries (Mansour was absolutely filthy at his no try on Friday night).

Dragons victory/Raiders tight loss will be acceptable for me.

Fangs

Coach
Dragons have a habit of ending our winning runs. They broke our 6 game run in 1984, they broke another 6 game run in 1989, and they broke a 7 game run in 2017. They might have been flogged today but its lights out for them if they lose this one.

It's a good point. And they have too many quality players to keep losing like that. 5 current Origin reps I believe.

Shorter turn around for them but I think it matters little. They didn't even play 80 minutes last night. They were saving themselves for our game.

No Latimore this week, he limped off last night. But James Graham might be close to a return.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Interesting to hear journo Brent Read on the Footy Show yesterday say our 6 in a row win streak is the most ordinary he has ever seen only beating depleted sides etc. Reckons our win against the Titans was nothing short of embarrassing.

mxlegend99

Referee
Interesting to hear journo Brent Read on the Footy Show yesterday say our 6 in a row win streak is the most ordinary he has ever seen only beating depleted sides etc. Reckons our win against the Titans was nothing short of embarrassing.
Our attack against Titans was pretty ordinary. But you can't do much better than not conceding any tries.

I certainly wasn't embarrassed with the win. We put in effort for 80 minutes and were desperate in defence even when thegame was wrapped up. Not even conceding a consolation try.

franklin2323

Immortal

Hard to argue. Our defence is the only thing can be proud of from that game

forby

Juniors
Honestly, who cares what Brent Read says. You can only beat the team against you which they have done for the past 6 matches.
To win 6 straight NRL games is quite a feat regardless of their opponents. It is not as though they played CC teams.
If winning 6 straight is embarrassing then I would like to be embarrassed all the way to the GF.

Honestly, who cares what Brent Read says. You can only beat the team against you which they have done for the past 6 matches.
To win 6 straight NRL games is quite a feat regardless of their opponents. It is not as though they played CC teams.
If winning 6 straight is embarrassing then I would like to be embarrassed all the way to the GF.

I agree. People can complain all they want and say that the teams we played weren’t at full strength. Yet neither were we! I can’t even remember when we were last at full strength.

As they say in the classics, A WIN’S A FIRETRUCKIN’ WIN!!

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Haven't watched us since the Eels and we've been winning the whole time, so I'll do the right thing and keep not watching. It's working!

(Plus, I busted my shoulder cycling after a fall and not all that interested in sports at the moment)

age.s

First Grade
Haven't watched us since the Eels and we've been winning the whole time, so I'll do the right thing and keep not watching. It's working!

(Plus, I busted my shoulder cycling after a fall and not all that interested in sports at the moment)

Ha. Never had you pegged for the superstitious type Billy.

But all the best with the shoulder mate.

Panfa

Juniors
Read this brent cleary didnt play martin was injured maloney was busted up from origin and we butchered at least 3 more tries.Brennans ass was on the line and titans were trying to avoid last spot on the ladder.How many teams have kept gold coast tryless this yr brent i cant hear you like to know who that muppet supports.

luv my panfas

Juniors
Read this brent cleary didnt play martin was injured maloney was busted up from origin and we butchered at least 3 more tries.Brennans ass was on the line and titans were trying to avoid last spot on the ladder.How many teams have kept gold coast tryless this yr brent i cant hear you like to know who that muppet supports.
Brent Reed thinks hes Paul Kent Another Midget of the game

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Ha. Never had you pegged for the superstitious type Billy.

But all the best with the shoulder mate.

I'm a Liverpool fan as well and did it with them this season just gone. Mostly worked. But I'm pretty superstitious with sports. I know deep down it doesn't make a lick of difference, but still...