What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

Blair

Coach
As far as I see it the Warriors have held interviews and have put a formal offer to Bellamy.

When do think this interview with Bellamy took place? Was it in person? If so, the media (and social media) hasn't done it's job if it didn't cotton on to it.

Video link up perhaps, but that doesn't do the job like a face to face interview.

I hope it wasn't a telephone inteview.

Rich102

Staff member
When do think this interview with Bellamy took place? Was it in person? If so, the media (and social media) hasn't done it's job if it didn't cotton on to it.

Video link up perhaps, but that doesn't do the job like a face to face interview.

I hope it wasn't a telephone inteview.

I don't know that they had an interview with Bellamy. As far as I know he is unavailable till after the season is over. However it has been reported they have made a formal offer to his manager. Whether that was made without an interview or they have had discussions or even if it was done through an intermediary I don't know.
It is apparent he is their first choice and, until he turns them down, it is game on.

ramraider275

Juniors
As far as I see it the Warriors have held interviews and have put a formal offer to Bellamy. He won't decide till the end of the season.
No doubt they also have a back-up in mind.
I really expect nothing more till the end of the Storm season; unless Bellamy turns the Warriors down before then.

Depends how much credence you put on the rumour of friction between Bellamy & the Storm.

Whoever is appointed I hope the club backs him to the fullest. I don't think 'player power' has any place in top level sport. If any player doesn't like what the coach says he is free to leave - when his contract expires.

On Radio Sport yesterday Brad Walter told Telfer that Bellamy and his manager had a teleconference with News Limited (They own the Storm) who said under no uncertain terms are they letting him leave 12 months early and want him to sign on long term - Mentioned in another forum yesterday...

Agree that there will be no announcement while the Storm are in the Finals, If we are that close to signing him the club would back off IMO until the end of the finals. The sticking point would be do we run with a caretaker coach or not? IMO we do, someone who will be able to work with Bellamy and has come up under him e.g. Kidwell, Arthur.

The Storm can't hold Bellamy if he wants to move on and that's how it started when the storm had that losing streak and all of a sudden Bellamy was reassessing his future:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ne...or-craig-bellamy/story-fndv325j-1226426149244

Looking forward to the new coach flogging the team in pre season...

Rich102

Staff member
On Radio Sport yesterday Brad Walter told Telfer that Bellamy and his manager had a teleconference with News Limited (They own the Storm) who said under no uncertain terms are they letting him leave 12 months early and want him to sign on long term - Mentioned in another forum yesterday...

Agree that there will be no announcement while the Storm are in the Finals, If we are that close to signing him the club would back off IMO until the end of the finals. The sticking point would be do we run with a caretaker coach or not? IMO we do, someone who will be able to work with Bellamy and has come up under him e.g. Kidwell, Arthur.

The Storm can't hold Bellamy if he wants to move on and that's how it started when the storm had that losing streak and all of a sudden Bellamy was reassessing his future:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ne...or-craig-bellamy/story-fndv325j-1226426149244

Looking forward to the new coach flogging the team in pre season...

Add Kearney to that list. He was here and had discussions with the club the weekend before Bluey was axed then went straight to Melbourne. May be coincidence, but...

jamaman

Juniors
What Iafeta wrote was of good value. I am recognizing that. I understand you wouldn't recognize it, because in 23,000+ posts, you've never contributed anything of any value here.

It's odd to be called a sheep by a bloke who has his head permanently jammed up Skinner's arse.

Even more oddly, at the same time, he has his head jammed up your arse. I don't know where Skinner ends and Ozbash begins.

:oops:

What Iafeta wrote was of good value. I am recognizing that. I understand you wouldn't recognize it, because in 23,000+ posts, you've never contributed anything of any value here.

It's odd to be called a sheep by a bloke who has his head permanently jammed up Skinner's arse.

Even more oddly, at the same time, he has his head jammed up your arse. I don't know where Skinner ends and Ozbash begins.

human-centipede-385-240.jpg

Micistm

Bench
As far as I see it the Warriors have held interviews and have put a formal offer to Bellamy. He won't decide till the end of the season.
No doubt they also have a back-up in mind.
I really expect nothing more till the end of the Storm season; unless Bellamy turns the Warriors down before then.

Depends how much credence you put on the rumour of friction between Bellamy & the Storm.

Whoever is appointed I hope the club backs him to the fullest. I don't think 'player power' has any place in top level sport. If any player doesn't like what the coach says he is free to leave - when his contract expires.

Yeah, tuned into the League Hour this salvo...player after player on plugging Iro for the job.
IMO thats all the more reason he shouldn't get the job...the majority of those guys are in no position to be suggesting anything after the season they put in. I want to see a hard arse come in and work em, and tough if they don't like it

Rambo1'

Juniors
Big NO to Iro. A real hard arse is needed to instill a bit of work ethic in this lazy group of players we currently have. No more "I'm really proud of the boys cos they tried hard". What a load of crap.

Rambo1'

Juniors
We need some one to come in and crack some heads. Get Graham Henry in on some sort of mentoring role.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Hope it's not Iro, if the boys wanted him that bad they had 2 weeks at the end of the season to prove it and IMO they didn't

Meth

Staff member
Probably unfair to expect Iro to turn around the team for 2 games. The season was a write off when he took the wheel.