What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

Skinner

Coach
Get excited Warriors fans. Expect that should Johnson get injured, Locke will go to Hooker, Friend to 5/8, mannering to hooker, Matulino to fullback and a halfback on the bench. The man is a senile old spastic and if we sack him tonight there'll be a horde of tigers fans willing to drive the prick to the airport

hmmmm :-k that could work

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Get excited Warriors fans. Expect that should Johnson get injured, Locke will go to Hooker, Friend to 5/8, mannering to hooker, Matulino to fullback and a halfback on the bench. The man is a senile old spastic and if we sack him tonight there'll be a horde of tigers fans willing to drive the prick to the airport

Hahaha. I take it you are a fan of the Tigers, or just a general observer of Sheens' career.

Any man who thinks John Morris is the answer in the No.7 shirt is a worry.

If we do appoint Morgan, there's going to be the idiot element (I've already seen it on FB) that were demanding Bellamy/Bennett/God and won't give him a chance. As per the folk on here, who are much more learned (some of us...) I'd hope we'd give him a chance. Ivan was a slow burner as well.

One Warrior

Bench
I would take Justin Morgan, liked him as a player when he was with us, however Bellamy would still be my first choice of course. Note though that all this talk is not coming from the club itself, all they have said is that they will announce the new coach after the Grand Final, it could all be a mis-information campaign to avoid a similar situation which reportedly happened with Bennett and the Roosters.

Rebel

First Grade
Elliot, Morgan or Kearney. FFS... I REALLY think Scurrah may have backed himself into a corner by saying that he was going all out to get a coach with experience. The only experienced coaches on the market are sh*t.

Would much much much prefer Kidwell, or Dymock that those guys.

Warmess

Juniors
See, the thing is, a guy like Morgan might not be too bad. I'd be willing to back him for sure. Although he's a rookie, everything I've heard seems to suggest he's a pretty intelligent guy, and they're the kind of coaches you want.

The problem is all the talk Scurrah did early on. He didn't name any specifics, but saying things like "I haven't heard the word 'budget' mentioned" does nothing but say to a lot of fans "Craig Bellamy or bust". Of course Bellamy would be the best get, but I can't help but feel that this attitude is going to leave a lot of fans unhappy.

If it's Elliot, I may as well hang myself for reals as a silent protest. I don't understand him making the list in any way short of wanting to be the water boy on a $2/year contract.

Well another week plus to wait for Bellamy to be up for "talks"! He has The Storm hummings along. Two years in a row the premiership winning coach leaves his club??? :)

shiznit

Coach
i wonder if the storm winning the title this year is more likely to sway him to leave.

who knows... maybe after undergoing a rough patch of 5-6 straight losses he might consider a premiership this year as the best way for him to go out.

i did notice he was pondering to himself in the box after the win tonight... perhaps he was soaking up the Melbourne home box for the last time?? ;-)

on another note... i reckon the warriors have got themselves a REAL good footballer in Todd Lowrey.

i remember him at Parra... bloody good footballer IMO.

Illiterate

Juniors
I don't see us getting Bellamy it would be great if we could get him but I don't see it. I wouldn't mind if we signed Brian smith to coach the vulcans he seems like a bit of a hard prick and would get the younger guys ready for first grade. We need a system where you have to go from the Toyota cup to the Nsw cup to the nrl. As for head coach I just hope we don't get sheens he seems great at coaching offense But his player retention and signing looks rubbish.

MKEB...

Staff member
I don't see us getting Bellamy it would be great if we could get him but I don't see it. I wouldn't mind if we signed Brian smith to coach the vulcans he seems like a bit of a hard prick and would get the younger guys ready for first grade. We need a system where you have to go from the Toyota cup to the Nsw cup to the nrl. As for head coach I just hope we don't get sheens he seems great at coaching offense But his player retention and signing looks rubbish.
Fair point re: Smith, but can you see us shelling out the amount he would ask for to mentor the Vulcans...would he want to? I understand the purportedly deep pockets frome Messers Glenn and Watson, I just cant see it happening.

Illiterate

Juniors
Well it doesn't seem like any nrl clubs are chasing him. He might been keen to do it on a year bye year thing and can leave if he gets offered a 1st grade coaching job some where.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm sure a coach of 20 odd years in the NRL would be willing to move countries to coach reserve grade.......

For starters if he even considered coaching reserve grade you don't think theres a few clubs in Sydney that would want him to at their club?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The sheens coming to us talk is starting to die down over here in AUS, which I suppose is fair enough he'll prob get a coaching director gig somewhere. Got to much exp to jus shit on n throw away.

You gotta think though go back a couple years when penrith were going all out for him the chain of events that saw him stay f*ucked both us and the tigers. We could have given Cleary the offer he wanted n he could have continued building us. Now looks like were gonna have to build all over again wit a Morgan or Kearney or whoever.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
A MAN with an eel lodged in his bottom has shown up at a New Zealand emergency department asking for help.

The unnamed man presented himself at the Auckland City Hospital for treatment last week, the New Zealand Herald reported.
X-rays revealed the eel "about the size of a decent sprig of asparagus," a hospital source told the newspaper.
"The incident is the talk of the place. Doctors and nurses have come across people with strange objects that have got stuck where they shouldn't before, but an eel has to be a first."
The eel was removed and the man went on his way. The hospital confirmed the story to the newspaper, but revealed no further details in order to protect the man's privacy.
It was not clear how the eel had found its way inside the man. According to the newspaper, eels are secretive, nocturnal and prefer habitats with plenty of cover.
LINK

Kearney might be an option now this has been removed?

Latest posts