What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

ramraider275

Juniors
Sheens has the front running for the coaching job from Warriors HQ, they are very keen on him, don't believe to much of the other media hype.

Warmess

Juniors
Hold the phone, hold the phone.........tigers keen for tim to move into a senior role of their restructure. I'm guessing so they don't have to pay him out. More details shortly.....

LINK: http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-display/Wests-Tigers-to-appoint-a-new-NRL-Coach-for-2013/64479

Haha: ?We are very keen for Tim to continue with our Club in a senior role as part of our restructure.

AKA "We are very keen to not have to pay Tim a hefty severance package as part of our restructure."

I'll guess from here he'll put the feelers out for a first grade gig and if he doesn't get that he'll stay on with the Tigers.

Reading the Bellamy article earlier got me wondering about how much longer Sheens would want to be coaching. We know it'll be at least 2 more years, but there's no way he'll be coaching for another 10 years. Might be an alright get for a couple of seasons.

@Kuz - Marshall might be alright, but Blair? Jeez, we're rich in second rowers and we certainly don't need a lazy twat like Blair.

ozbash

Referee
Id expect an announcement from Beasley Ave by Friday.

Kearney and Sheens have been invited back for 2nd interviews.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
This is like watching a jigsaw puzzle being done in slow motion. Just announce Tim as the coach and be done with it.

LeagueNut

First Grade
According to this article the only two candidates for the Warriors job are Kidwell and Sheens. Both Kearney and Morgan have withdrawn their applications.

And according to this article, the candidates to replace Sheens at the Tigers are Kevin Walters, Matt Parish, Daniel Anderson and Nathan Brown.

I would take three of those Tigers candidates ahead of either of the Warriors ones - and it'd probably be all four if I knew more about who Matt Parish is.

So we've got a situation where coaches are actively looking for first grade jobs, but despite all the money we're apparently throwing around, it's still not enough to get the best candidates over to NZ. One year as a basket case and it looks like the Warriors are seen as a career killer for any aspiring coach.

Whoopee. :crazy: