What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

blain

Juniors
"Last year, Canterbury used Ricky Stuart's name as a smokescreen to hide their interest in Hasler. Now the Warriors are using Tim Sheens as a decoy to hide their interest in Bellamy."

Man the media thrive off themselves... They are the only ones talking about Sheens and the Warriors.

They just don't want to say "We have no f*ckin idea what is going on." It's like they are just shooting in the dark, hoping to get some sound.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Hopefully our board think one of the best coaches in the game is worth shelling out an extra 100k for.......

Hopefully our board think one of the best coaches in the game is worth shelling out an extra 100k for.......

Who says it's all about money with him? Sure it's a motivating factor, but if the deals are reasonably similar (give or take a few digits) I would assume that Melbourne would be a much prospect - especially from a family perspective

Warmess

Juniors

Are you talking about Bellamy? I thought we were offering him ~1.4m a season he said he wanted 2m. That's if the media is to be trusted (looooooooooooooooool).

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
What's been happening (and I'm sure you've all picked up on this) is the following: One media outlet speculates something. The rest of them pick up on it and say 'TV10 understands' etc 'or TV9's sources say' when it's just something they blindly stole off other people blindly guessing. Then the scent goes cold and they start another guessing game.

The media in Sydney actually have contacts, make calls, dig deeper. Ours don't. So we won't know until we know.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I was taking the piss out of Beaver after his post about the Warriors decision makers. You know about all the reports about how Hasler would have stayed at Manly if they paid him an extra 100k which they weren't willing to do.

JoeD

First Grade
At the moment I wouldn't be surprised if we got Bellamy but I also wouldn't be surprised if we Kidwell or any of the other names floating around.

Big Sam

First Grade
Don't know if his name has been mentioned already (and I CBF scrolling through 36 pages) but I reckon Kidwell would make a great coach for you guys.

Has played and coached under Bellamy and managed to take us to the U20s GF in 2010.

Iafeta

Referee
Yep, he's seen as the favourite at the moment Big Sam.... with a coaching director (Sadly the name bandied around is Matt Elliott). Bellamy's the miracle play. THe 1 in a million. It'd be epic. Kidwell would IMO go quite well too. Always had a lot of respect for him as a player, smart, and brutal at times.

Micistm

Bench

...and we al know how well our decisions have been of late... I'm sorry but with our lot we are in no position to knock any other clubs decision makers, and you just know this upcoming review is going to be same shit different day. After watching this club since '95 cynicism is creeping in. I look forward to being the most fantastic sporting franchise in Australasia, can't see it happening until there's a few more off field changes, and in a couple of offices above the coaches

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I was taking the piss out of Beaver after his post about the Warriors decision makers. You know about all the reports about how Hasler would have stayed at Manly if they paid him an extra 100k which they weren't willing to do.

Lol you didn't believe those reports do you ?

He is on huge money at the Dogs with a lot more resources gaining him a lot more control over things, which is what he craves

Fast Eddie

First Grade
...and we al know how well our decisions have been of late... I'm sorry but with our lot we are in no position to knock any other clubs decision makers

Manly lost arguably the best current coach in an absolute shambles of a situation which I have no doubt that their board played a large role in. It was just a bit rich having a dig, thats all I was pointing out

Latest posts