What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
They played a role, but nothing like all of the garbage that has been written about the club during the season. Basic rule of thumb, if you read it in the telegraph, disregard it

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Must of been pretty bad for him to leave in the first place and sign with the dogs. Then he gets the archer a year early and makes the GF. Max Delmege writes on his Facebook that Des is greedy.

Shit if greed gets you to the GF and poss a premiership, I'd pay him what he wants. Not stab him in the back when he lost the GF.

Rich102

Staff member
Not much interest about the new Warriors coach in there ...

Huge interest I would say. Just a lack of credible information.
I think the offer is in to Bellamy and, as yet, he hasn't said no.
However they must have a second choice ready and I think it is likely to be Kidwell as coach with a football director as mentor.
Time will tell....

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Must of been pretty bad for him to leave in the first place and sign with the dogs. Then he gets the archer a year early and makes the GF. Max Delmege writes on his Facebook that Des is greedy.

Shit if greed gets you to the GF and poss a premiership, I'd pay him what he wants. Not stab him in the back when he lost the GF.

As you would have seen in that Delmege post, he says they gave him everything possible that he asked for resource wise, the Dogs give him everything regardless due to the fact they are a bottomless pit

Plenty of reason to give him the chop, and it had to be done, couldn't have him in charge of a squad with so many big names off contract. He was pretty underhanded about all that, he knew he was leaving so signed up older guys like King, Kite, Galuvao to extended deals while leaving the likes of Foran, Williams, Matai etc off contract or inserting get out clauses in there

He is a damn good coach, but what also seems to be forgotten a lot is that Dymock had this squad sailing on the right path at the end of last year, winning 6/7. I hope the Warriors have been in touch with him

Juju

Juniors
The RLW Mole is heavily implying on twitter that it is Matt Elliot.

But Veitch on RS breakfast said Kidwell will be at the gala dinner tonite.

ozbash

Referee
Kidwell would be a good coach for our juniors after Ackers is promoted to FG coach..

Diesel

Referee
I don't think the Mole knows for sure, I mean you keep naming names, you'll eventually get it right.

Reading what I ave lately I would not be surprised to hear Kidwelly named as most of us would expect

hitman82

Bench
It's seems so odd to be dumping an experienced head and international coach and replacing him with an assistant and junior international coach.
Kidwell better have a DAMN good bunch of assistants and technical staff...

And we better make a sweet signing (Folau thanks) to offset the disappointment of not landing a "whatever it takes" dream coach.

Diesel

Referee
It's seems so odd to be dumping an experienced head and international coach and replacing him with an assistant and junior international coach.
Kidwell better have a DAMN good bunch of assistants and technical staff...

And we better make a sweet signing (Folau thanks) to offset the disappointment of not landing a "whatever it takes" dream coach.

I agree.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Mate gave me his spare ticket to the dinner tonight. I'll keep an eye and ear out for any snippets of coach gossip.

Warmess

Juniors
Mole seems to think it'll be another week before the announcement now.

I don't give much credance to the Mole as a source, but another week seems about right if the club is making a serious play for Bellamy.

Latest posts