What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

Micistm

Bench
Jesus, talk about messy.
Reports this morning is that Belly is signing for 2m from '14...but then it was reports yesterday that stated players had been informed Kidwell was the new coach.
They must be going for Belly, there cannot be any other reason for such a long delay and process. Still waiting for this in depth review though... ;-)

Lol, if the buildup and hype in regard to Bluey was bad, imagine an entire year of hype and buildup to one of the biggest coaches, if not the biggest. And of course there are no absolutes of gaurantee he'd be successful here. BUT, that said, I'd applaud them for getting their man.
It does make '13 a strange year though (which you'd assume would have Iro at the helm). Would it be considered a 'nothing' year, just treading water before a new era can start? Always eventful following the Warriors.

playdaball

Bench
Tony iro may yet get his day in the sun? It'll be like the old manly days with Lowe there too.

Kemp would do it.

Micistm

Bench
Jesus T.F. Christ!

Because Lowe did such a great job, last time he had control of the Warriors, eh.

Lowe to have another heart attack by July 2013.

we got Bellyache, I think thered be TAB odds on Belly having a heart attack by July 1st year as well, knowing our erratic nature and form

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I always find it funny that people think the Warriors are such a unique and crazy club despite pretty much every club going through the same on field and off field issues.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
I always find it funny that people think the Warriors are such a unique and crazy club despite pretty much every club going through the same on field and off field issues.

Agree mate, it's like a negative focus, seeing everything Warriors in a negative light. Look at the Wests Tigers who's their coach? 2 good players walking out, Ashyford leaving then not leaving, Sheens hanging around wanting his full salary.

If anything they are a greater show than ours. That Farah TV moment was hilarious, pfft ambush haha

Warmess

Juniors
Agree mate, it's like a negative focus, seeing everything Warriors in a negative light. Look at the Wests Tigers who's their coach? 2 good players walking out, Ashyford leaving then not leaving, Sheens hanging around wanting his full salary.

If anything they are a greater show than ours. That Farah TV moment was hilarious, pfft ambush haha

I think they're in danger of getting punted out of the NRL. The NRL is a business, no time for failure clubs. :sarcasm:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Really can't see anyone but Iro taking over now, which begs the question, what happens if we don't get Bellamy? Are we going to go through this again next season?

Micistm

Bench

I always find it funny that certain club apologists think that fans of the Warriors are unique in criticising the club they follow...;-)

Micistm

Bench

But so what? If you look at any of the forum sections on Unlimited here, you will find fans criticising things their club has done. Thats the point, it's human nature to have an opinion, bleat your point. I don't remember seeing anyone suggest 'oh this club is so uniquely crap with on and off field issues no other club has ever had...' we are just talking about this club as this is the one most of us follow.
But it's not just Warriors, or clubs, or sport in general...you'll see game fans bagging game companies, movies and movie makers, bands and albums...You can't take away peoples right to whinge, it's in the DNA!:lol:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I always find it funny that certain club apologists think that fans of the Warriors are unique in criticising the club they follow...;-)

Club apologist? Well excccuuuuuussssseeee me for being some what rational. I don't mind the club being crituqed at all if it actually makes sense.

e.g not criticising the club for being a shambles or ridiculous and then advocating that they make a ridiculous decision or make the club look like a shambles such as sack the ceo AFTER he has just completed the process of installing a new coach and therefore effectively undermining the new coach before he's even started.

Meth

Staff member
Hypothetically, if we signed Bellamy for 2014, would you be satisfied with Iro for 2013?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Hypothetically, if we signed Bellamy for 2014, would you be satisfied with Iro for 2013?

I mean it when I say I probably wouldn't watch. Yeah okay, I'd probably sit in front of it if I was doing nothing else at home.

If Bellamy is available for 2014, great. We have to take him.

But 2013 will be a write-off under a coach that all of the players know won't be there the next season. It'll be like this year - they'll have a ready-made excuse and will play accordingly. They knew they could lump it onto Bluey this year so they did. It has the potential to end in a flood of tears again. It also opens up a pandora's box in terms of players in their last season (would you want to stick around if you knew it was an interim coach?), revenue through memberships, gate sales etc and other factors.

I think we all know Iro and Ackland is a sure-fire bottom eight mix. I have to laugh at Veitch discussing what will happen if we appoint Bellamy in 2014 and an interim coach takes us to the GF or further in 2013? A) it's a nice problem to have...let's have it B) there's more chance of us securing Bellamy AND his three superstars as part of the deal.

Diesel

Referee
I can't see Cam or Billy coming to the Warriors if there was a get out clause and I could see both running around with the Titans but Cronk is a possibility to follow, we've have one of the best halves combos with some decent back up.

Latest posts