What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

Drzoidberg

Juniors
But so what? If you look at any of the forum sections on Unlimited here, you will find fans criticising things their club has done. Thats the point, it's human nature to have an opinion, bleat your point. I don't remember seeing anyone suggest 'oh this club is so uniquely crap with on and off field issues no other club has ever had...' we are just talking about this club as this is the one most of us follow.
But it's not just Warriors, or clubs, or sport in general...you'll see game fans bagging game companies, movies and movie makers, bands and albums...You can't take away peoples right to whinge, it's in the DNA!:lol:

Righto? Was just agreeing with a previous post. Some think its just a warriors thing, some don't. Sorry man if you thought I was trying to take your right to whinge away....would never do that:lol:

hitman82

Bench
Bellamy 2013; Iro > Eastern Siberia = ideal
Iro + Daniel Anderson 2013; Bellamy 2014 = acceptable
Iro 2013; Bellamy 2014 = another year of misery followed by the golden age of the Annunaki

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I always find it funny that people think the Warriors are such a unique and crazy club despite pretty much every club going through the same on field and off field issues.

I don't remember many other teams publicly stating their plans for world domination before implosion though ;)

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Bellamy 2013; Iro > Eastern Siberia = ideal
Iro + Daniel Anderson 2013; Bellamy 2014 = acceptable
Iro 2013; Bellamy 2014 = another year of misery followed by the golden age of the Annunaki

Anderson won't come for a year, surely. Any coach who decides to come for 2013 is a) desperate b) naive at how rubbish we will be/that he'll be able to gain full respect c) Tony Iro.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
If whoever it is coaching next year is able to grasp the concept that getting your players playing at their peak fitness levels is actually pretty important, then IMO there is no reason we should expect to see 2013 as a write off before it's even begun.

tangalife

Juniors
If it is Bellamy 2014 i hope he gives a clear message that the team are playing for positions under him in 2014

hitman82

Bench
If it is Bellamy 2014 i hope he gives a clear message that the team are playing for positions under him in 2014

True that. Bellamy may even have strong input into how the team is drilled, what kind of setup we have here etc. Even if it's "off the record"... things like these are exactly why I think the Storm may end up releasing him a year early...

hitman82

Bench
Anderson won't come for a year, surely. Any coach who decides to come for 2013 is a) desperate b) naive at how rubbish we will be/that he'll be able to gain full respect c) Tony Iro.

Or, hopefully d) a star coach released 1 year early due to conflicts of interest and such.

playdaball

Bench
Caretaker coach: ackland or iro. Surely though they would have gone with one f those guys early on if they believed in them?

I'd actually be happy with smith or Elliot. What about brad Arthur (parra). He has worked under Bellamy so may employ similar tactics?

Hopefully whoever gets the gig does better than this year.

Skinner

Coach
Smith would have been absolutely ideal on a one year contract. He could have had the dead wood removed before Bellamy got here.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Or, hopefully d) a star coach released 1 year early due to conflicts of interest and such.

Or this, but I've completely written this off and I'm sure everyone else has as well.

I don't think even Brian Smith is desperate enough to take a one-year deal when he knows someone else is coming in the following year. Although perhaps he should be.

As long as we don't expect immediate success even if we do land Bellamy. The Knights don't have the same roster as us, sure, but they were cruising towards a spoon at one stage under Bennett. It may take some adaptability for Bellamy to successfully lead a side with a spine that isn't Slater, Cronk and Smith. Because Locke isn't Slater, Johnson isn't nearly as consistent as Cronk and Friend/whoever sure ain't Smith.

ozbash

Referee
Hypothetically, if we signed Bellamy for 2014, would you be satisfied with Iro for 2013?

As assistant to Sheens or Smith..

2013 doesnt necessarily have to be a year to forget, they should go for the best possible combo...

hitman82

Bench
Anderson is arguably the best short-term coach in the league. He'd come in, kick some lazy player ass, and have everyone ready for the living hell that will be Bellamy.

Skinner

Coach
Yeah, I'd love DA back. He'd kick lazy arse alright. They'd really have something to bleat about and the off field crap would stop..not going to happen though sadly.

Latest posts