What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

Diesel

Referee
It's bloody amature hour at the Warriors IF ME has been appointed for 2013-15. After all the announcements about the best person for the job, and if the rumours are true we get someone who is 0-7 in finals footy.
So if we are out of the finals by July does this new coach also get the sack and we go thru this BS all over again

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
F*ck I wouldn't mind a lesson from Matthew Elliott on job interview techniques.. He's done a number on our management!!!!

TheDMC

Bench
This is fantastic. Held such high hopes for 2012, which slowly but steadily unravelled into a big stringy pile of poo. Now with the 14th choice coach in place, my expectations for 2013 are so low that they will probably be exceeded.

Akkerz

Juniors
Trying to stay positive but it's getting difficult to maintain any optimism . I just keep reminding myself & my equally stressed out family that "no news is good news'.

Perhaps today the bubble will burst, the shit will hit the fan & $2500 will flutter down to be spent -not on 2013 season tickets , but on a nice holiday, somewhere quiet where we can all recall how easy life was in the days of Winfield Cup

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Kept waking in the night thinking it was a bad dream but no.

F.O SCURRAH

Sidenote a mate met Steve Price yesterday in Queenstown and asked him who the new coach was, Steve said announcement tomorrow (today) and he was disappointed with who they've got. And gave a big impressions that no much is well down at Warriors HQ.

Diesel

Referee
Management really needs a clean out if what the above post in regards to what Price said is correct. Regardless of NRL experience, Elliott doesn't seem to be a good fit for the Warriors and its going to fall to shit.
No doubt if we don't start winning they'll be another player revolt and then will the coach go or players leave?

Elliott the first coach to be sacked in 2013? If this is the case who in their right mind would come to Auckland?

Rich102

Staff member
I am hoping ME is coming as Football Director and CB is still on the cards for 2014. (I can wait for that.)

If not, and ME is coach, then it has to be goodbye to Iro. With his background Iro can't be trusted to work under ME.

I have to wonder at management though. Bellamy said two things from the start. 1. He wouldn't break his contract. 2. He wouldn't consider offers till after the final. He has kept to his word.
If they have lost him for 2014 by pressuring him to break his contract they are stupid. No make that STUPID!

On the bright side - it really can't get any worse.

Akkerz

Juniors
I am hoping ME is coming as Football Director and CB is still on the cards for 2014. (I can wait for that.)

If not, and ME is coach, then it has to be goodbye to Iro. With his background Iro can't be trusted to work under ME.

I have to wonder at management though. Bellamy said two things from the start. 1. He wouldn't break his contract. 2. He wouldn't consider offers till after the final. He has kept to his word.
If they have lost him for 2014 by pressuring him to break his contract they are stupid. No make that STUPID!

On the bright side - it really can't get any worse.

Totally agree Rich .It doesn't help Iro's cause having Taylor jump in on his behalf stating that Iro isn't getting a fair go & he's Mr Popular etc. I wouldn't have picked Elijah as a shit stirrer but now wonder if he was one of those along with Iro & the other senior players who ensured McClennans demise. Give them the most unpopular coach the club can find & players /asst coaches/ trainers & waterboys either shape up or ship out. I don't care how good a player is . Each can all be replaced.

hitro

Juniors
Kept waking in the night thinking it was a bad dream but no.

F.O SCURRAH

Sidenote a mate met Steve Price yesterday in Queenstown and asked him who the new coach was, Steve said announcement tomorrow (today) and he was disappointed with who they've got. And gave a big impressions that no much is well down at Warriors HQ.

This feels like the rock bottom bad old days of Mark Graham and Tony Kemp
How completely depressing
I can't see a single ray of hope

Even David Kidwell sounds like a brilliant idea now, someone who might be good rather than a proven lemon that NO ONE else wants

Drzoidberg

Juniors
This feels like the rock bottom bad old days of Mark Graham and Tony Kemp
How completely depressing
I can't see a single ray of hope

Even David Kidwell sounds like a brilliant idea now, someone who might be good rather than a proven lemon that NO ONE else wants

I hear ya mate, this feels worse than losing the GF, maybe overreacting at the mo, hope so!

I would rather have SK than this guy.

Kiddy def sounds like a good idea.

Think Kemble is the only one worse than Elliot.

Abdullah

Juniors
owen glenn: elliot is "right coach" "good bloke and give him fair go" ...words might come back and bite yo ass

Warmess

Juniors
Elliot deserves his shot with peoples support behind him. I can definitely see Scurrah falling on his sword shortly though.

As with Duncey, Ill give him my full support until such a time as the results dictate otherwise. I would of said the same with Morgan, Kidwell, Smith or anyone else they dished up.

Latest posts