What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

hitman82

Bench
Freeman is the only bloke talking about a mutiny. Taylor clearly wants Iro, but will get on with the job.

Lousi, Locke, Johnson and others have been tweeting things like "what the f***" "Matt Elliot? Ok." "gutted" etc.

Initial signs point to a the same shit Bluey had to put up with. Our former under 20s thinking they run the f**king team, and have the right to choose the coach.

At this stage, I would support the sacking of 3 or 4 of our young "stars" to make a f**king point.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Freeman is the only bloke talking about a mutiny. Taylor clearly wants Iro, but will get on with the job.

I had a look on twitter and a few of the players already made it known AFTER the coaching announcement they would rather Iro. Doesn't get more unprofessional than that.

Meth

Staff member
Lousi, Locke, Johnson and others have been tweeting things like "what the f***" "Matt Elliot? Ok." "gutted" etc.

Initial signs point to a the same shit Bluey had to put up with. Our former under 20s thinking they run the f**king team, and have the right to choose the coach.

At this stage, I would support the sacking of 3 or 4 of our young "stars" to make a f**king point.

I agree

hitman82

Bench
I had a look on twitter and a few of the players already made it known AFTER the coaching announcement they would rather Iro. Doesn't get more unprofessional than that.

Hard. It's ridiculous. A couple more (Lousi for example) have tweeted and deleted after thinking better of their comments.

Sounds like immaturity and unprofessionalism are well-ingrained in our young team

Hopefully the two Storm recruits will help with a more mature attitude.

Cliques may need to be disbanded though. I expect Elliot to make some roster changes pretty quickly.

Interestingly, while he's said he will keep Iro as an assistant, he will also be recruiting a second assistant. Sounds wise to make sure someone has his back.

I'm not overly disappointed in this signing, as
a) Elliot is an experienced Aussie professional who won't take shit from his squad.

b) it still potentially leaves the door open for Bellamy in 2014.

c) we aren't just giving the players exactly what they want. Players cannot be allowed to run the club.

Abdullah

Juniors
Obviously, first job for new coach is to clear air with players...either you accept me as coach or bye bye look for another club...he has no choice but to do this...otherwise season 2013 will not be starting good. Also, he cannot have Iro around...as he will become distraction

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Hard. It's ridiculous. A couple more (Lousi for example) have tweeted and deleted after thinking better of their comments.

Sounds like immaturity and unprofessionalism are well-ingrained in our young team

Hopefully the two Storm recruits will help with a more mature attitude.

Cliques may need to be disbanded though. I expect Elliot to make some roster changes pretty quickly.

Interestingly, while he's said he will keep Iro as an assistant, he will also be recruiting a second assistant. Sounds wise to make sure someone has his back.

I'm not overly disappointed in this signing, as
a) Elliot is an experienced Aussie professional who won't take shit from his squad.

b) it still potentially leaves the door open for Bellamy in 2014.

c) we aren't just giving the players exactly what they want. Players cannot be allowed to run the club.

Quoted for truth.

IMO he needs to get rid of Iro, bring his own two assitants and sign 2-3 experienced players.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Yip keeping Iro would be his first mistake. The players venting publicly is Scurrahs own fault. Why did they ask the players who should be coach? Mateo was quoted saying 'I love the guy' in reference to Iro. Stating something about he was happy that the club wanted players opinions on who should be head coach and that he's never seen a club that cares about what the players want. That's just made the players spoilt entitled little brats.

F.O WAYNE SCURRAH!

Juju

Juniors
Elliot mentioned in the presser that we will be signing new players over the next few weeks.

re: Twitter. The players need to grow up and quickly. If they really wanted Iro their effort late season would of shown that and not the beltings we got.

JoeD

First Grade
Even David Kidwell sounds like a brilliant idea now, someone who might be good rather than a proven lemon that NO ONE else wants
This is how I feel, i'd rather take a punt on an unproven rather than go with a proven dud.

BUT
Yup, its done now. Ill just get onto supporting the team and no expectations. We always have the best years with no expectations.

Micistm

Bench
We now have a new coach, thats that. Good luck to him. I hope he gets stuck into some of these younger players with attitudes, and sorts them or kicks them out. Big boys sport-Grow up or **** off.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Elliot mentioned in the presser that we will be signing new players over the next few weeks.

re: Twitter. The players need to grow up and quickly. If they really wanted Iro their effort late season would of shown that and not the beltings we got.

I'm terrified already. Not just because of who's still available but he struggled to recruit people to Penrith, a NSW team, not sure who he expects to pull over to NZ.

Aragorn

First Grade
You know the shit has hit the fan when even SK is not interested in the Warriors.

Good luck to Elliot. Boy is he going to need it!

MKEB...

Staff member

Tighe and Walsh...yippee

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
new players?...maybe from Roosters??...please not Masoey :lol:

Shit I forgot about Roosters players. :lol:

Was thinking about ex Panthers and forgot he coached with the Roosters this season.

Masoe is a nutcase. Would be so annoying to play against. Shame he's also as lazy as he is annoying.

Latest posts