What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

JJ

Immortal
Ives is the only coach who hasn't been sacked and achieved on the field to a similar level as Anderson. You could argue he did better than Anderson, without going through player by player I'd say the '02 GF team was stronger than the'11 team.

good arguments both ways... I'd suggest 02 was a better season from go to woah, maybe a draw... both good coaches, and I'd have either of them for 2013

JoeD

First Grade
True. The fact remains that ofcourse people are going to be pining for the good ol days of Auntie Ives given what we we've been through this year.

Diesel

Referee
Has D Anderson said he'd coach the Warriors or is interested? Has there been another coach sacked yet came back to the same club?

jagz

Juniors
Has D Anderson said he'd coach the Warriors or is interested? Has there been another coach sacked yet came back to the same club?

Jim Banaghan who is Andersons agent was on radiolivesport on Friday and said that he had mail about the warriors coach but wasn't able to talk about it. But he did said that the warriors were interviewing some good coaches at the moment. The only reason i cant see him not been able to talk about is if they have contacted Anderson for an interview

ozbash

Referee
Not completely sure on DA. There was some serious head stuff going on when he was here, same at St Helens and Parra

Warmess

Juniors
We could do far, far worse than DA. He wouldn't be anywhere near the price of Bellamy but has proven success in the NRL. Mateo would think he has a stalker though.

Mick Potter and Tony Smith have some pretty good wraps on 'em. I wouldn't mind unearthing the next Maguire - sure as hell isn't Bluey though.

I think my preferred list would look something like: Bellamy -> Anderson -> Folkes -> Sheens. Obviously Hasler and Bennett are out of the question, and I don't know enough about the ESL coaches to really say.

Skinner

Coach
I would be happy for DA to come back. I always thought he was a "smart" coach, as opposed to a "good" coach.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well in the end it is a business decision.

They must hire someone.......

Who is available.....Must choose one.

I suspect ESL coaches are looked at also.

Robbie Deans....lol...

Sheens could be the right fit. Very experienced and you have a young team.

Would absolutely insist on him giving up the Australian Coach role but, no deal if he wants that too.

D Anderson best Warriors coach IMO.

with stand alone weekends for tests and touring when the nrl season finishes i dont see it being an issue

Iafeta

Referee
I'd welcome Anderson back. Tom Shines... oh god no. He'd be better than Brian McClennan, but a drunk smurf would be better than that goose. I don't know what to make of the Shines rumour, bloke is an epic failure at club level but obviously is rated by a lot given he's Australian coach.

Iafeta

Referee
We could do far, far worse than DA. He wouldn't be anywhere near the price of Bellamy but has proven success in the NRL. Mateo would think he has a stalker though.

Mick Potter and Tony Smith have some pretty good wraps on 'em. I wouldn't mind unearthing the next Maguire - sure as hell isn't Bluey though.

I think my preferred list would look something like: Bellamy -> Anderson -> Folkes -> Sheens. Obviously Hasler and Bennett are out of the question, and I don't know enough about the ESL coaches to really say.

Could cop Mick Potter. Tony Smith doesn't appeal to me, I guess unfairly more through association with his brother.

SilentOne

Juniors
I don't know what to make of the Shines rumour, bloke is an epic failure at club level but obviously is rated by a lot given he's Australian coach.

That doesn't mean much though, that Australian side could practically coach itself.

shiznit

Coach
id say the Warriors should be doing everything they can to sign Bellamy... if that means wait until october... than they need to wait until october.

the rest can wait...

as for DA... Jeezz... and we have people here talking about cleary's reign with rose tinted glasses...

people seem to forget the epic fails DA has given in his brief coaching stints..

it says a lot that he hasn't picked up a coaching role since he got booted from Parra...

JJ

Immortal
DA would be interesting, they'd have a good season somewhere.

I was going to say nobody from the UK, but Maguire has done ok with Souths - albeit with a good roster... and as I've said elsewhere, that's what worries me about Bellamy - when Smith, Cronk and Slater are not there, he doesn't look such a flash coach, funnily enough...

Warriors squad is pretty ordinary, you could have a hybrid of Jack Gibson, Wayne Bennett, Warren Ryan and Phil Gould coaching the predicted 2012 squad and they'd still be mid-table...

If Thomas Leuleuai is the answer, I'm interested to know what the question was.

Latest posts