What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Silly (for all the wrong reasons) Season Thread

Caged Panther

First Grade
474ff538-e669-4317-ac36-09a2.gif

Sums it up perfectly really.

choc_soldier

Coach
Caged Panther said:

Sums it up perfectly really.

That's how I'm feeling too!

Paul Franze has signed a two year deal with Newcastle...

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=915&zoneid=1

Call me crazy, but I would have welcomed him back to Penrith with open arms. He was finally starting to hit his straps at the back end of last year, and whilst not a solution, would have been a a good pick up for the centres.

But knowing us, management probably didn't even make an offer...

choc_soldier

Coach
richie8u said:
i can smell some walker's ( all 3 of them )................. and it smell's bad

Let's see...

Chris is too hot and cold (but on his day is a sensation).

Ben... I don't want one turnstile replaced with another (no offence to Campbell!)

Shane - would be a good-ish acquisition, but where would you play him?

The Teach

Juniors
If we sign the Wanker brothers, it shows just how badly the recruitment team has let us down. They are too hot and cold. I don't want players that are going to play one good game between them a month. Signing them would be ridiculous.

Kilkenny

Coach
The three Walker brothers will be at clubs other than the Panthers in 2007!

As for Paul Franze, he had a couple of half decent games at the back end of 2005 but you would hardly bring him back to the club on that basis! He is not up to NRL standard.

Pantherjim.

Referee
As I've mentioned on the Panthers forum,the only player left on the market now who would put a smile on my face if we signed him for 2007, is Jason Smith.

cainen

Juniors
We won't be getting Smith. I was reading an article today where he said he's deciding between North Qld and the Gold Coast. Not sure what that means for Preston if he ends up at GC.

We'll end up getting a few players from Qld cup and probably 1 or 2 players returning from the UK.

Pantherjim.

Referee
cainen said:
We won't be getting Smith. I was reading an article today where he said he's deciding between North Qld and the Gold Coast. Not sure what that means for Preston if he ends up at GC.

You know, Someone on the Panthers website brought up the same scenario, i.e. Preston moving to the bench for the Titans if they sign Jason Smith. Rob the media manager was quoted as responding directly after that post "Does anyone know where I can find a smiley with one hand across his face to hide the smile?"

I don't know if I' reading too much into that, but perhaps it means the circumstances will change? Maybe Smith has told the media that he's narrowed his choices down to North Queensland and the Gold Coast as a smoke screen?

Big Mick

Referee
you know what astounds me...

Josh Hannay has accepted a lousy $150,000 to play for the Sharks...we could have offered him $175,000 or something and it would have been one of the best acquisitions we've ever made....

$150,000 is nothing! That was about what bloody Galea was on...maybe a bit less but god damn...$150,000 for a State of Origin centre...Sharks deadset getting a few bargain buys this year....Stapleton, Anderson and now Hannay...they are buying very astutely.

richie8u

Juniors
quote from Rob Weaver from PI, "Digger, of those backs still on the market:

1. Which two would you choose?
2. How much would you pay them?
3. How long would you sign them for?

And perhaps you could give us all a brief outline of your succession plan ..."
what a joke....

Big Mick

Referee
tbh...with the current players on the market....he has a point.....But that is only because we've waited so bloody long to do anything.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Big Mick © said:
you know what astounds me...

Josh Hannay has accepted a lousy $150,000 to play for the Sharks...we could have offered him $175,000 or something and it would have been one of the best acquisitions we've ever made....

$150,000 is nothing! That was about what bloody Galea was on...maybe a bit less but god damn...$150,000 for a State of Origin centre...Sharks deadset getting a few bargain buys this year....Stapleton, Anderson and now Hannay...they are buying very astutely.

It truly boggles the mind wondering what Penrith's recruitment strategy is when they could have had a centre the calibre of Josh Hannay for 150K

Does our club have any recruitment strategies???

richie8u

Juniors
i dare say that we will have to wait til monday for any news, and even then i doubt anything will happen...... so its a month with 2 " depth" signings..........

Caged Panther

First Grade
big daryl brohamn reckons that matty elliot still has something up his sleeves, personally I think that believing matt elltiot has anything up his sleeve is like still beleving in the tooth fairy when your 30 years old.

cainen

Juniors
He probably does have something up his sleeve. Doesn't mean it's a good something though.

Latest posts