What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Dilmah said:
Bit overprotective aren't you. :lol:

We can talk footy wherever we like - and we're more than allowed to talk about the Eels in the Eels forum with Eels supporters if we want. If you don't like it, you leave.

Get out you filthy stinkin' troll!!

TooheysNew

Coach
But you don't seem to realise that no one here is actually interested in talking about Smithy and the Knights

I dunno why this garbage couldn't wait until we play eachother instead of now.
What relevance does that have? You were complaining about Knights fans wanting to talk about the Eels. Why would that bother you?

This message is hidden because Maroubra Eel is on your ignore list.
:lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Dilmah said:
What relevance does that have? You were complaining about Knights fans wanting to talk about the Eels. Why would that bother you?

:lol:

Get back to maintaining these forums!!

Johns Magic

Referee
We've told you over and over again that you got a massive dud deal swapping Smith for Hagan.

At least when Hagan was with us he had Joey to come and save him.

There's no Joey at Parra though.

RABK

Referee
I feel genuinely sorry for Parra fans like Hurri who knew what a dud Hagan was and decided not to give it to us Knights fans about the coach swap. To the Parra fans, you know who you are, who proclaimed doom for us under Smith and glory for Parra under Hagan - suck eggs.

And no you can't borrow Johns. Nup, not even a phone call.

Johns Magic

Referee
fish eel said:
We have the talent and depth on paper to compete.

Not in the halves, and there are way too many nuffies in your forward pack who sit there like passengers and watch the likes of Cayless and Hindmarsh bust a gut for their side.

Not trying to sound bitter, but honestly, Hagan is useless. It was apparent at Newcastle, and is becoming even moreso at Parramatta.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Kornstar said:
Spot on!!

I think a few Knights fans who have been trolling will be very unhappy with Smith when the bow out of the finals in disgrace for the 4th or more time......
But at least we'll be in the mix. You on the other hand, will be fighting for the spoon ;-)

RABK

Referee
Hagan is an absolute fraud. He is a man earning a lot of money doing something he just can't do.

He won a premiership because he inherited a premiership winning team built by Warren Ryan and coached by Andrew Johns and Ben Kennedy. What did he do to that team? Turned it into a wooden spoon outfit.

The 01 Knights side would put 60 on the current Parra side. You guys are in trouble and it seems you have the canberra syndrome - talking up your juniors when they are nothing but rubbish.

Kornstar

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
Hagan is an absolute fraud. He is a man earning a lot of money doing something he just can't do.

He won a premiership because he inherited a premiership winning team built by Warren Ryan and coached by Andrew Johns and Ben Kennedy. What did he do to that team? Turned it into a wooden spoon outfit.

The 01 Knights side would put 60 on the current Parra side. You guys are in trouble and it seems you have the canberra syndrome - talking up your juniors when they are nothing but rubbish.

Umm, we don't keep our juniors......the players playing in Flegg etc generally leave because they find better opportunities.....

By the way, i was not happy we signed Hagan, as i never thought much of him, however i was extremely happy we got rid of Smith because i certainly did not like him........

Johns Magic

Referee
Kornstar said:
Trust me, it is alot easier to accept that you are not going to make the 8, rather than turning up the week before the GF when you have been on fire only to be humiliated over and over.......that is heartbreaking. I'll tell you now, 03 and 04 were easier to take for me than the way we bowed out in 05......that shattered me

It's a culture thing at Parra, nothing to do with Smith.

Coaches don't choke. In fact if anything, Smith's half-time talk in the 01 Grand-Final was what got you back on track.

Your players got ambushed and couldn't handle the intensity at the start, end of story.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
Not in the halves, and there are way too many nuffies in your forward pack who sit there like passengers and watch the likes of Cayless and Hindmarsh bust a gut for their side.

Not trying to sound bitter, but honestly, Hagan is useless. It was apparent at Newcastle, and is becoming even moreso at Parramatta.

So is it the team that sucks or hagen get it right... :crazy:

Kornstar

Coach
Johns Magic said:
It's a culture thing at Parra, nothing to do with Smith.

Coaches don't choke. In fact if anything, Smith's half-time talk in the 01 Grand-Final was what got you back on track.

Your players got ambushed and couldn't handle the intensity at the start, end of story.

Mate, it is what he didn't say before the match that concerned me!!!!

RABK

Referee
Phillips said:
rubbish? and you know this how?

they cant even get into the first team because of the likes of Ian Hindmarsh, Todd Lowrie etc etc taking there place

I've seen a lot of Mateo and Inu - if that's the bets you've got then yes they're rubbish and a fair bit behind other juniors emerging in the NRL.

Hagan gave Mateo a run today - not impressed.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well under Hagan the Knights were a 1 man team so maybe the same will be the case for Parra., with Hindy being that 1 man.

that's all the hope I've got for this side under Hagan

knights girl

Juniors
Hagan is a fraud and always has been.I wouldn't bag Brian Smith's performance at parra
to much as he took your cellar dwelling CLUB to 8 club championships in ten years.
Hagan has taken a premiership winning side that he did not build to a wooden spoon club in 2005.After that period if you go back through his press conferences he used the same excuses for every loss.He has started doning the same at your club and they don't call him copy and paste for nothing up here.
I really do think it will be a long year for you guys.We are soo glad we got rid of him he's sh*t.

BG

Juniors
sportive cupid said:
Then it follows that Nathan Hindmarsh and Brad Drew lost it for us.

Class across the park, and especially at half-back was the difference. Taylor had a great year, but up against Joey in a big game? I know whom I'd favour. I don't think Kennedy and Parsons would have run all over Johns for one thing.

When you look at the respective line-ups of the teams, it defies belief that Parra went into the 2001 grand final as favourites. The only thing they had going for them was the better coach. It wasn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts