What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG

Juniors
eelsta said:
And when he coached the dragons?

Pre-salary cap Brisbane were pretty much an SOO team, they were classes above everyone in those years.

If he was so good why didn't one player follow him to newcastle

With Joey and Bedsy on contract and a new long-term deal for Simmo there wasn't much left in the coffers. Also Smithy made it a priority to re-sign the entire Flegg team. Unlike Hagan he looks to the future.

Newcastle lost Carney, Quinn and Matt Gidley from the squad, so their interest was in outside backs. Tahu and Grothe, I'm sure would have been targeted by Smithy but they were under contract. As we know, recruitment was tough in the off-season for everyone, with the Titans buying up from scratch and Souths becoming more active in the market place. Quality centres and wingers were hard to come by, but the Knights did manage to snare Mad Dog.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Parra Guru said:
Seriously Knights fans, go enjoy your win. Hagan's no longer your problem. Do you really have to keep hanging out here?

:crazy:

strewth_mate

Bench
I get the feeling that Parra just needs Smith to start again at the club - like he was just coming to the club for the first time and wasn't settled like he had become at the end. A ridiculous hypothetical of course, but I think in that situation he'd give them the shakeup they need. If that makes sense.

Hellsy

Immortal
As they have no f**king life PG, they will of course migrate towards other forums.

f**k I HATE TROLLS.

Go back to the dirty stone from under which you crawled

hineyrulz

Post Whore
BG said:
Yes, the person who posted this info worded it in a very partisan fashion. But at this (admittedly very early) stage of the season you do have to wonder whether the respective styles of the coaches is beginning to show in the results.
Mate we know your opinion but FFS get over yourself. you could well be right but IMO we definatley needed a change in coach. Unfortunatley for us it looks like we got the booby prize.

But you can see why us Eels fans are getting of sick of you knights fans rubbing our noses in our 2 losses. so why don't you f**k off to the knights forum and give us a break. It's a long season so you knows what will happen in september.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
BG said:
I'm a Brian Smith fan. Supported the Eels until they showed him the door, and made plenty of posts on the Eels forum in the past, which I will stand by as always being pertinent to discussions. Given the fascination in the coaching swap I don't understand why I'm not entitled to raise issues supporting my view that not renewing Smithy's contract was foolhardy in the extreme. I am not positng to any threads that aren't already devoted to the coaching issue, and in each of them I have made a particular point... not just a gratuitous "told you so" (which would be silly at this stage of the season anyway).

The fact that the posts are being kicked to the Swamp reveals a certain sensitivity to the truth imho.
If you honestly believe Smithy hadn't passed his used by date at Parra your kidding yourself. We had the replacement right here but we let him go.

Btw if we had won our 2 games well and you guys we're playing crap i'm sure the last thing you guys would want is Eels supporters coming to the Knights forum to gloat.

El Diablo

Post Whore
hiney, he seems to be infatuated with Smith. you're wasting your time.

fancy being a coach fan and following whatever team he happens to be at :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
El Diablo said:
hiney, he seems to be infatuated with Smith

fancy being a coach fan and following whatever team he happens to be at :lol:
I don't know about you but i find it highly disturbing :lol: Who know's it could be Mrs Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts