What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

taste2taste

Juniors
Only moments ago it was 10 minutes. :lol:

On Saturday post a list of all the commercials for this week - the time they started and ended - for both the 7:30pm-9:30pm game and then for the 9:30pm-11:30pm.

C’mon docbrown this isn’t algebra,

The 3 mins I was referring to was in game commercials.

The 10 mins I was referring to was in game plus half time.

I will not be sitting in front of the TV with a stop watch on Friday night as I have better things to do but if you want to prove me wrong you are more than welcome.

art-Untitled-1-420x0.jpg

Add those delays up and you will see that it equates to almost 20 minutes where ads could be placed (not that all of them will).

Now it's not necessarily going to be all of that but there's no way this "the NRL only shows less than 6 minutes of ads in game" yet will only have 12 ads a game even remotely makes any kind of sense.

And with 9's live game there is the 15 minutes before kick-off, they should be included as well because they're in the timeslot...

taste2taste

Juniors
art-Untitled-1-420x0.jpg

Add those delays up and you will see that it equates to almost 20 minutes where ads could be placed (not that all of them will).

Now it's not necessarily going to be all of that but there's no way this "the NRL only shows less than 6 minutes of ads in game" yet will only have 12 ads a game even remotely makes any kind of sense.

Unfortunately these are the type of changes the commercials stations are going to ask for.

Lets face it guys, until the final bid is on the table and accepted by the NRL, we are going to have to put up with morons banging on about AFL getting more because they have longer games, national coverage and more natural ad spots. I'd like to think that once the deal is done that the dick measuring contest will finish, but I have no doubt that all it will do is start the excuses v bragging contest.

docbrown

Coach
C’mon docbrown this isn’t algebra,

The 3 mins I was referring to was in game commercials.

The 10 mins I was referring to was in game plus half time.

I will not be sitting in front of the TV with a stop watch on Friday night as I have better things to do but if you want to prove me wrong you are more than welcome.

Just because you type a bullshit post and call it a 'fact' doesn't mean it's a fact.

The onus on proving your bullshit is upon you. Until you do it is what it is - just conjecture.

If you think the NRL only has 10 minutes of advertising for a live game (in the 2 hour slot) then frankly, you're an idiot... :lol:

docbrown

Coach
And with 9's live game there is the 15 minutes before kick-off, they should be included as well because they're in the timeslot...

We are talking the 2 hour programming blocks.

That said there's no mention of half time in this, not sure if that's included in the "Grand total of 10min of advertising space per game."

taste2taste said:
NRL
3 ½ commercial break at the start and end of half time = 7min

Channel 9 takes 3x30sec breaks per half = 3mins per game

Grand total of 10min of advertising space per game.

taste2taste

Juniors
Just because you type a bullshit post and call it a 'fact' doesn't mean it's a fact.

The onus on proving your bullshit is upon you. Until you do it is what it is - just conjecture.

If you think the NRL only has 10 minutes of advertising for a live game (in the 2 hour slot) then frankly, you're an idiot... :lol:

As I mentioned twice before the 10minutes refers to kick off to full time!

Edwahu

Bench
Your welcome to look at any of my posts over the past 5 years to see who I support.

Just some very simple facts that even you can understand

AFL has a 3 ½ min ad block between quarter 2 & 3 and 3& 4 = 7mins
At half time there is 3 ½ break at the start and the end of halftime = 7mins
There are roughly 26 goals a game which = 26 mins of commercials

Grand total of 40min of advertising space per game.

NRL
3 ½ commercial break at the start and end of half time = 7min
Channel 9 takes 3x30sec breaks per half = 3mins per game

Grand total of 10min of advertising space per game.

I know it sucks but NRL will never have a commercial TV deal as rich as the AFL’s

NRL ad revenue each year=100 million
AFL ad revenue = 115 to 125 million

So you must really think the NRL gets a shitload more per commercial then the AFL. Just some simple facts that are easy to understand.

taste2taste

Juniors
NRL ad revenue each year=100 million
AFL ad revenue = 115 to 125 million

So you must really think the NRL gets a shitload more per commercial then the AFL. Just some simple facts that are easy to understand.

so the AFL makes 15-25% more profit for TV stations?

taste2taste

Juniors

We as nrl fans don’t realise how good we currently have it.

There are very few interruption’s during play, have you ever watched NBA, Cricket or NFL?

you cant have a telecast with only a few advertising breaks and then expect to receive 1.4 billion dollars for it.

Those changes mentioned above will be needed if the NRL hopes to make its 1.4 billion…other wise the commercial stations can not make a return on their investment.

We as nrl fans don’t realise how good we currently have it.

There are very few interruption’s during play, have you ever watched NBA, Cricket or NFL?

you cant have a telecast with only a few advertising breaks and then expect to receive 1.4 billion dollars for it.

Those changes mentioned above will be needed if the NRL hopes to make its 1.4 billion…other wise the commercial stations can not make a return on their investment.

Given we only have 1 live game, and 2 delayed games, I doubt anyone would notice a change if they were to use some of the recommendations and sqeeze more ads into the live broadcast. It will still be better than Rabs & Gus banging on about the upcoming episode of The Voice.

Canard

Immortal

There were no "changes" mentioned above you idiot, it was detailing the natural stoppages in the game that occur now and the oppurtunity to place ads in them.

How do you explain Soccor (as you spell it) getting billions of pounds for uninterrupted broadcasts?

Alex28

Coach
What they should do is shorten the term of this contract and make sure they get in before the AFL negotiates. May not pay off in the short-term, but long-term it is us setting the standard and not hanging out for whatever is left once the networks overpay for AFL. Overpay for us for once!

BuffaloRules

Coach
What they should do is shorten the term of this contract and make sure they get in before the AFL negotiates. May not pay off in the short-term, but long-term it is us setting the standard and not hanging out for whatever is left once the networks overpay for AFL. Overpay for us for once!

They ( NRL ) got in first last time and it didnt help.

Lets just wait and see the final outcome before anyone jumps off The Gap.
These are the opening salvos in a three month negotiation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.