What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tigers + Raiders Thread

All round who do you think played better this year?

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers

• Neither

• Both played well

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenblooded

Juniors
I don't think there is a big drama between Tiger and Raiders fans in general, just a few goobers on this forum.

greeneyed

First Grade
simon says said:
Raider_Azz said:
The centres are weak except for Adam Mogg.
How can you say that when we have Phil Graham plus new signings Craig Frawley and Jermine Ale all competing for a centre spot?

I dont rate any of those blokes,Mogg is inconsistant,plays like a champ one week,and then lets in three tries the next.Graham...always injured,Ale......the only ale I know is the brown stuff I drink,and Frawley,who went OK on the end of the Bronco backline,sh*te,my granny would have scored ten tries out there.

Im not impressed,big holes left in yer forwards,Germs not getting any younger,no halves........

Id be worried If I was a Raider fan.

Cheers.

Can't say I think the Raiders recruitment program has been too good. But to suggest we should be more worried than Tigers fans is ridiculous. When was the last time the Tigers made the semis?

The question of who had a more successful season last year is incontrovertible. The Raiders finished 8 and played in the semis. The Tigers did not. Simple. You can't turn around and complain about golden points or this refs decision or that. All the clubs play to the same rules and average of refereeing mistakes.

And for some to suggest the Raiders will finish with the spoon next season.... I think it is crazy to even suggest it.

greeneyed

First Grade
Davester said:
I see there's a lot of heated comments thrown back and fourth between Tigers and Raiders supporters but I'd like an all round opinion on this.

Do you agree to the Quote mentioned above?

Also there's a poll to go with. Who performed better regardless of the ladder finish?

No hard feelings.

Cheers!

Honestly, do you guys ever give up? You MISSED the semi finals. AGAIN. It is history. (When did the Tigers last make the finals again?)

I am not saying the Raiders played well this season, but, it is by definition that the Raiders out performed the Tigers. One team made the finals. The other didn't.

greeneyed

First Grade
Davester said:
You hate the Tigers for some reason don't you?

You Tigers fans hate the Raiders for some reason don't you? Ah, yes, now I remember. The 1989 Grand Final. Plus the fact, we have regularly made the semi finals, while it has been eons since the Tigers have.

greeneyed

First Grade
Tap Twist Snap said:
I think Greenradier just scored a point on u davestar lol. The tigers have no hope of winning the premiership but the raiders do have plenty of hope for the spoon. Can't wait to see this at the end of the season when all the Raiders fans turn on their pitiful club.

How is our club more pitiful than your "joint venture"? The Raiders have won three Premierships in the last 20 years. How many have your "joint venture" won? How many have Wests or Balmain won? How has your team gone in the semis lately? Ah, you haven't MADE the semis, have you. You people are incredible.

greeneyed

First Grade
King Tigerman said:
Red and Blue Knight said:
There recent games have been spiteful and marred by controversy. You cant half tell it rubs off onto the forum.

what do you expect
they CHEAT

i dont think theyve beaten us fairly in 5 years to be honest

This is honestly so ridiculous it is beyond belief.

Anonymous

Juniors
Christ, some you Raider's fans, and especially some of you Tiger's fans, are embarassing your respective teams. I like stirring Canberra. Most canberra fans will know that. But this is too far. They went better than us even though they're shit. We were worse.

I could understand this reaction if the Raider's brought it up, but seriously Davestar...

The Whippet

Juniors
Raider_Azz said:
The centres are weak except for Adam Mogg.
How can you say that when we have Phil Graham plus new signings Craig Frawley and Jermine Ale all competing for a centre spot?

Aren't we forgetting someone, Matthew Elliott's real son, Jason Bulgarelli. Elliott loves this guy and he'll never leave him out of the first grade team.

Jermaine in unproven.
Frawley and Graham are always injured.

But Bulgarelli's name always appears somewhere in the team.

simon says

First Grade
greeneyed said:
How is our club more pitiful than your "joint venture"?

Errrrrr,well,you guys wear lime green.You live in the middle of nowhere and its freezing.Your stadium is a concrete monstrosity that gets better crowds for rugby union.You guys have been voted the most boring team in the comp,and I have selected you for the most boring poster.

You rate a 9.9 on the pitiful metre you Raider fan........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigerpete

Juniors
Hmm, well this thread has lasted way longer than i ever could've imagined. A few observations:

* It would appear that taking away all the ridiculously bias opinion of raiders and tigers fans as to who was the "better" side in 2004, the wests tigers have got the money with the nuetrals. Seems there's a sense that the Tigers played well yet were unlucky and the Raiders were nothing more than a bit of extra baggage in the top 8 in 2004.

* I think those of you who have risen the point that the Tigers find themselves much better placed for 2005 than Canberra is a good point and one i've never realised. While i know the strength of the Tigers and their juniors that were displayed in 2004, it would appear that Canberra are relying on quite a few experienced old heads and untried youngsters athough a few have played a little top grade.

* As to who was the better side in 2004, its in a sense incomparible as both obviously had different draws and different expectations, I know for the Tigers 2004 was sucessful without being a complete sucess, all in all a good foundation built for 2005.

What about Canberra fans? were u really happy with 2004?? If not, then well it's fair to suggest maybe you didnt have the better 2004.

simon says said:
greeneyed said:

Errrrrr,well,you guys wear lime green.You live in the middle of nowhere and its freezing.Your stadium is a concrete monstrosity that gets better crowds for rugby union.You guys have been voted the most boring team in the comp,and I have selected you for the most boring poster.

Atleast our stadium isn't falling apart :lol:, and last time I checked canberra was the capital of Australia
:eek: ;-)

greeneyed

First Grade
simon says said:
greeneyed said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Campbelltown is the dung heap of all dung heaps. The ground there is pathetic, but it is way better than the termite infested, condemned Leichhardt Oval. Balmain is an ugly dump itself. Your team(s) has(have) not won anything in an eon. And I have selected you for the most ridiculous poster from the most ridiculous mob of "supporters".

Anonymous

Juniors
greeneyed said:
simon says said:
greeneyed said:

Campbelltown is the dung heap of all dung heaps. The ground there is pathetic, but it is way better than the termite infested, condemned Leichhardt Oval. Balmain is an ugly dump itself. Your team(s) has(have) not won anything in an eon. And I have selected you for the most ridiculous poster from the most ridiculous mob of "supporters".

Well if Bears' fans can't bag Raider's fans because it's ridiculous, yourself, who lives in Canberra can not heap shit on any locale in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.