What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tigers + Raiders Thread

All round who do you think played better this year?

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers

• Neither

• Both played well

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Wow, you guys really are drawing the short straw here. Like i said above , who do u think would be happier about their 2004 season, you or us??

greeneyed

First Grade
Tigerpete said:
Hmm, well this thread has lasted way longer than i ever could've imagined. A few observations:

* It would appear that taking away all the ridiculously bias opinion of raiders and tigers fans as to who was the "better" side in 2004, the wests tigers have got the money with the nuetrals. Seems there's a sense that the Tigers played well yet were unlucky and the Raiders were nothing more than a bit of extra baggage in the top 8 in 2004.

* I think those of you who have risen the point that the Tigers find themselves much better placed for 2005 than Canberra is a good point and one i've never realised. While i know the strength of the Tigers and their juniors that were displayed in 2004, it would appear that Canberra are relying on quite a few experienced old heads and untried youngsters athough a few have played a little top grade.

* As to who was the better side in 2004, its in a sense incomparible as both obviously had different draws and different expectations, I know for the Tigers 2004 was sucessful without being a complete sucess, all in all a good foundation built for 2005.

What about Canberra fans? were u really happy with 2004?? If not, then well it's fair to suggest maybe you didnt have the better 2004.

Sorry, it is a bit ridiculous to suggest that the Tigers were "better" than the Raiders, when they did not finish in the 8, while the Raiders did.

Putting all the rhetoric aside, the Raiders way underperformed, given where they finished in the previous season. They were a massive disappointment to the Raiders supporters. They went out of the semis backwards and quickly.

But that doesn't make them "worse" than the Tigers. It doesn't mean the Raiders had the "worse" 2004. The Tigers were flogged by cricket scores some weeks. The Tigers found ways to lose that had never even been thought of before. The Tigers could have made the 8, and were well placed to, but didn't. If the Tigers HAD made the semis, are you saying they wouldn't have been even more clearly classified as "baggage"?

It is silly to suggest the Tigers had a better 2004. The evidence is on the scoreboards...........

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
greeneyed said:
How is our club more pitiful than your "joint venture"? The Raiders have won three Premierships in the last 20 years. How many have your "joint venture" won? How many have Wests or Balmain won? How has your team gone in the semis lately? Ah, you haven't MADE the semis, have you. You people are incredible.

Our club is only 5 years old you can't bring Balmain and Wests into it both clubs are gone in NRL. How well did the Raiders go in their first 5 years? The Raiders are the most boring pitiful club in the league evey other club has something going for it, except the Raiders. They are second choice to the Brumbies down there if you get more excitment watching Union than your local league team then you certainly have problems.

greeneyed

First Grade
Tap Twist Snap said:
greeneyed said:
How is our club more pitiful than your "joint venture"? The Raiders have won three Premierships in the last 20 years. How many have your "joint venture" won? How many have Wests or Balmain won? How has your team gone in the semis lately? Ah, you haven't MADE the semis, have you. You people are incredible.

Our club is only 5 years old you can't bring Balmain and Wests into it both clubs are gone in NRL. How well did the Raiders go in their first 5 years? The Raiders are the most boring pitiful club in the league evey other club has something going for it, except the Raiders. They are second choice to the Brumbies down there if you get more excitment watching Union than your local league team then you certainly have problems.

I don't.

simon says

First Grade
Success is such a tricky thing to define.Is it a successful year if you break yer home ground record(19k)???Is it a successful year if you have yer first SOO player for over ten years,and star??(Prince).Is it a success if your young blokes get picked for international sides(Halatau),or you buy international players for next year(Whatuira).Is it a success to be in the top 8 for all but the last round........when you were freely tipped to be in the bottom three.

I reckon I know who feels they had a better year..........and who looks to be on the way up.

Cheers.

greeneyed

First Grade
The Tigers qualify for who had the most improved season. I agree completely. The Raiders didn't match the previous season or expectations. The Raiders were at times terrible.

But the Tigers don't qualify for who played better this season, which is the subject of the poll.

Raider Azz

Bench
gay8.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
I think both teams played well at times, and very poorly at others. Overall, the Raiders had the better season although I for one am certainly disappointed with it, whereas Tigers fans are probably, on the whole, happy with the most part.

simon says were you out the back having a smoke when the brains were handed out? I think it's safe to say I've never met anyone who dribbles as much shit as you.

I would have to say that the Tigers are my second favourite team as I live in the area, but if many of the LU posters are representative of the Tigers' fanbase as a whole, they sit on the bottom of the pile along with the Roosters fans.

simon says

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bohooo.....what a bunch of whingers,go get some tissue you bunch of crybabies.No wonder yer team is so crap,with a bunch of big fat woosie girl supporters behind them.No wonder yer team has no ticker.......

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Seriously though,you Raider fans have to be the most sensitive and one eyed bunch of the lot.Instead of admitting the obvious,that yes your side looks weaker this year,and yes the Tigers went higher(at times)this year,you go on lkike a bunch of turnips and try to explain how this isnt so.Everyone (aside form Raider fans)can see this as plain as day.Look at the polls,you guys got hammered.

And no,there isnt a CONSPIRACY against the Raiders,the big meanie Sydney clubs arent out to GET you,the ARL isnt biased...etc,etc.Polls werent made specifically to show up the Raiders.

Time to get a good hard grip.....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Davester

Juniors
simon says said:

Bohooo.....what a bunch of whingers,go get some tissue you bunch of crybabies.No wonder yer team is so crap,with a bunch of big fat woosie girl supporters behind them.No wonder yer team has no ticker.......

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Seriously though,you Raider fans have to be the most sensitive and one eyed bunch of the lot.Instead of admitting the obvious,that yes your side looks weaker this year,and yes the Tigers went higher(at times)this year,you go on lkike a bunch of turnips and try to explain how this isnt so.Everyone (aside form Raider fans)can see this as plain as day.Look at the polls,you guys got hammered.

And no,there isnt a CONSPIRACY against the Raiders,the big meanie Sydney clubs arent out to GET you,the ARL isnt biased...etc,etc.Polls werent made specifically to show up the Raiders.

Time to get a good hard grip.....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That's a pretty good point you noted out there. Not that i'm being harsh on you raiders fans but it is true. You are all going completely sour on this. Can't you just acceped what others think?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Ah, the old '89 bitterness argument was brought up yet again; although probably less than 1% of BALMAIN fans actually give a toss about it.

PS. This thread is shit. Save the hatred til next year ladies.

Raider Ultra

Bench
I haven't even bothered reading any of this apart from the first few posts. May I just say, what an utter load of toss. Have Tigers fans got nothing better to do but convince themselves they had a better season than us? Alot of people on this thread need to get out more.

The Grouch

Juniors
simon says said:
Well according to the poll,we did play better.

:lol:

Hmmm lucky for the Raiders fans its results and not polls that count. Why dont you do a poll to see if the Tigers deserved to win the comp instead of the dogs?? Maybe they will hand over the trophy if you win it :lol: :lol:

daslacker

Juniors
A Thread Tigers vs Raider Fans...cool...something new

It really doesn't matter who wins this poll.Both had flashes
of brilliance but overall both were mediocre.

As far as i'm concerned,i expected more from both this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.