What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

slaytera

Juniors
When I posted about PWS it was deleted.
Anyway, I usually get my impact's from a guy named disc. His realmedia files are the best.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Slammiversary is already shaping up to be a pretty sexy PPV.

In King of the Mountain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Mountain_match) we'll see Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ?? for the TNA Heavyweight Title.

We'll also see Team 3D (c) vs. The Steiner Brothers for the TNA Tag Titles, and that's something of a dream match. If you saw last week's episode of Impact, you'll know why I'm so excited about this one. Two legendary tag teams who have never faced off in a big money match.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christian Cage.

James Storm and Chris Harris fought to a no contest in the other qualifier, so we're currently a man short. Not sure what the plan is

It's also worth noting that Scott Steiner was injured working a house show (by Apolo, of all people) and now the tag title match between the Steiners and Team 3D is in jeopardy :(

Misanthrope

Staff member
why was this thread made a sticky?

Because individual PPV threads weren't getting enough interest to warrant being stickied, so I'll just have all TNA discussion in here and keep it close to the top. It's still outnumbered by stickeyed WWE posts 2 to 1 most of the time

Once Dead

Bench
They'll probably scrap it and have a whole 'respect' angle with 3D maintaining their respect due to Scott's injury but Rick will continue to pump up the fued by talking it up.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've heard that they might bring in another 'veteran' tag team that the Steiners ran off in their long list on last week's episode of Impact. If that was the case, there's potential for any number of old school tag teams to step into the ring.

Once Dead

Bench
Nasty Boys are probably hanging around somewhere......haha, it would be brilliant to see the Outsiders just come out to swerve everyone......but not actually wrestle..

slaytera

Juniors
Man, that Impact main event was awesome except for the ending that sucked but, Chris Harris and James Storm really ripped in to each other.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Rhino and Senshi defeated LAX with an assist from Hector Guerrero
"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal defeated Chris Sabin to become X-Division champion
Jerry Lynn and Frank Wycheck defeated James Storm & Ron Killings
Bob Backlund defeated Alex Shelley >_>
VKM defeated Basham & Damaja
Eric Young defeated Robert Roode after Jim Cornette threw the original outcome out
Team 3D (c) defeated Ric Steiner and Road Warrior Animal
Sting defeated Christopher Daniels
Abyss defeated Tomko in a No DQ match

More to come

Misanthrope

Staff member
And Kurt Angle wins King of the Mountain. Chris Harris was announced as the mystery fifth participant based on the fact that he was in the original KOTM.

Once Dead

Bench
CWBush said:
And Kurt Angle wins King of the Mountain. Chris Harris was announced as the mystery fifth participant based on the fact that he was in the original KOTM.

On top of his performances as of late too. The guy looks the goods as a huge babyface, he's definitely got the physique.

Overall, if you didn't order it, you're a bonehead because that was a freakin' sick PPV...........bar the VKM, Wycheck, Backlund so - so matches the crowd was on fire.......the show blew me away, if you can get a hold of the video on the net, I'd suggest you follow it up..........some of the craziest spots you will see, hell, even a shattered glass / tack spot appeared....

What I do want to say is that TNA's roster has some great performers that pull out all the stops week in and week out. AJ Styles, LAX, Joe, Cage, Sting, Daniels and Harris. TNA is definitely headed in the right direction. Finally, with Angle being the inaugural TNA World Heavyweight Champion Joe will finally get his chance at being champion and the fued will be able hit the heights intended for it.

Once Dead

Bench
Apparently Konnan and Ron Killings have quit TNA.........big blow for LAX......I'm sure they'll give the mic to homicide who is pretty damn street on the mic

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ron Killings is no great loss, really, despite his talent. TNA clearly had no idea what to do with him, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the WWE soon. He's charismatic, has a good look, and can wrestle - maybe we'll see a K-Kwik return? :p

Once Dead

Bench
CWBush said:
Ron Killings is no great loss, really, despite his talent. TNA clearly had no idea what to do with him, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the WWE soon. He's charismatic, has a good look, and can wrestle - maybe we'll see a K-Kwik return? :p

If he did......as a result of the Cena bashing he was doing I'd doubt that he'd be anything but a midcard job boy. If TNA had 2 hours he'd definitely be a player in the main event scene.

Latest posts