What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Big Tim

First Grade
I just watched my first TNA show (Slammiversary) and I must say I am very impressed.

I love the 6 sided ring and the simplicity of it all, I just need a few things explained.

The X division. I am assuming it is a light heavyweight division??

The New Age Outlaws or VKM (Vince Kennedy McMahon :lol: :lol: ) Billy Gunn and Jesse James, but in TNA they seem to be swapped.... BG is Road Dogg and Kip James is Gunn.

Kurt Angle gets to keep his WWE name as that is his name??

Can anyone show me where I can witness the Nash v Backlund match they talked about.

Is Frank Wycheck going to continue as a wrestler or was it a one time thing??

Is Jeff Jarrett a founder of TNA??

Any help would be great.

I am a massive Christian fan and am glad that he gets to perform in the Main Event regularly.

All in all it was a great event (better than anything I have seen from the WWE lately) and that King of the Mountain match is a wonderful idea.

Cheers.

Big Pete

Referee
I'll help you best as I can, CWB will prove to be a major assist though.

X Division is a light heavyweight division.

as for the VKM, that's not a question. :p

Kurt Angle is his real name, he had to change the name of some of his moves I believe.

Possibly YouTube? I'm not sure.

No clue about Frank.

A co-founder, yes.

I really like TNA's stipulations too, WWE should try and do something along those lines too to freshen up the place a bit.

Big Tim

First Grade
Big Pete said:
as for the VKM, that's not a question. :p

You are right, its not a question.

What I meant was did they swap their names? I was a bit confused until I worked it out. I was a little disapointed that their match was so short too....

Once Dead

Bench
Big Tim said:
I just watched my first TNA show (Slammiversary) and I must say I am very impressed.

I love the 6 sided ring and the simplicity of it all, I just need a few things explained.

The X division. I am assuming it is a light heavyweight division??

The New Age Outlaws or VKM (Vince Kennedy McMahon :lol: :lol: ) Billy Gunn and Jesse James, but in TNA they seem to be swapped.... BG is Road Dogg and Kip James is Gunn.

Kurt Angle gets to keep his WWE name as that is his name??

Can anyone show me where I can witness the Nash v Backlund match they talked about.

Is Frank Wycheck going to continue as a wrestler or was it a one time thing??

Is Jeff Jarrett a founder of TNA??

Any help would be great.

I am a massive Christian fan and am glad that he gets to perform in the Main Event regularly.

All in all it was a great event (better than anything I have seen from the WWE lately) and that King of the Mountain match is a wonderful idea.

Cheers.

Welcome to the world of TNA, it's a crazy one and not always great but one thing you can never say it is, is that it's dull.......it's never dull...

The X-Division is a no limits division......no weight limits.......therefore you get guys like Chris Sabin and Samoa Joe holding the belt....it's a clash of different wrestling styles - e.g. high flying, power based moves, mat wrestling, etc

Kurt Angle's name is his name so they could never really copyright it........Kip and BG on the other hand didn't come up with the names and they were copyrighted......the same happened to Team 3D - no longer able to be called The Dudleys

Nash V Backlund -> www.youtube.com and search away

The Frank Wycheck appearance was, as far as I'm concerned a one off special appearance for the 5 year anniversary PPV.....he did a fair job, better than any celebrity who has stepped into the ring during the last 10 years....

Jeff and his father Jerry, are the founders of Total Non-Stop Action. Dixie Carter is the financial head of the company who represents the major stakeholder in TNA which is her father's oil company.

You currently cannot view TNA Impact! episodes on free to air or Pay TV in Australia but you can download it freely on various websites including www.pwsforums.com.

TNA wrestling merchandise in the form of first series figurines were available for a short time at Toys R Us at the beginning of the year......I haven't been back to check on their current status as a toy line / brand presence.

Once Dead

Bench
BTW-Don't get your hopes up about VKM.......they're a throw away part of TNA that the TNA fans and wrestling fans in general have grown tired of....they're better off going back to the WWE and re-living their old DX days with HBK and HHH....they won't win the tag titles for a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time...if ever again

Keep an eye out for Alex Shelley, AJ Styles, Senshi, Homicide and Hernandez (LAX), James Storm and Jay Lethal.....they are the real stars of TNA and if you keep up with the weekly shows you will definitely be impressed by the all show, all go approach to their ring work.

Misanthrope

Staff member
i love this f**ken video.... i only wish i started watching tna two years ago :mad:

While I was a late comer when compared to the purists, I have been watching TNA since they got Impact two years ago - and was lucky enough to see that Cage moment the day it happened (not live, but as close as could be). I hadn't read spoilers, and it was definitely a spine tingler.

slaytera

Juniors
Its always good to have new TNA fans. And from what Ive heard VKM could be leaving real soon.
I cant wait for this weeks Impact. 30 minute match. Christian v Kurt v Rhino. Hellyeah!
And for anyone interested, I make a TNA top 10 for this other forum I go to. If you want to see it visit myspace.com/tnatopten

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Impellitteri said:
BTW-Don't get your hopes up about VKM.......they're a throw away part of TNA that the TNA fans and wrestling fans in general have grown tired of....they're better off going back to the WWE and re-living their old DX days with HBK and HHH....they won't win the tag titles for a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time...if ever again

Keep an eye out for Alex Shelley, AJ Styles, Senshi, Homicide and Hernandez (LAX), James Storm and Jay Lethal.....they are the real stars of TNA and if you keep up with the weekly shows you will definitely be impressed by the all show, all go approach to their ring work.

Homicide could be anything if given the chance, AJ is phenomenal just as he says. I love the Best of AJ Styles DVD, the fights he had with the Fallen Angel and Samoa Joe were incredible.

Senshi is great, and his Warriors Way finisher cracks me up everytime. Just hearing him scream before he puts the double boots into someone.

VKM are surplus to requirements, I'd prefer to see TNA bring in some other tag teams to keep the scene fresh and there are some out there. Even though it didn't take off Wrestling Society X had some quality wrestlers who could make a real mark in TNA.

I'm a bit annoyed about Ron Killings leaving TNA and I hope LAX keeps going even without the K-Dogg.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I thought Killings was wasted by TNA creative. He was a former champion in their earlier years so it's not like he was always a mid carder. Would've liked to see him have a decent heel run before leaving, but it wasn't to be.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Word is that they're looking at ending the Sting/Daniels feud and reforming XXX (which would be Daniels, Senshi, and Elix Skipper). While they did lose that match that would mean they were forced to break up (in that now legendary Six Sides of Steel), I think it's been long enough - and would certainly give three very talented workers something to do.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Don't watch TNA, but what is the aim in a King of the Mountain Match

To hang the belt. Like a reverse ladder match. The real difference is that to be eligible to hang the belt, you must first pin somebody or force them to submit. If you're pinned or made to submit, you spend time in a 'penalty box'.

CWBush said:
To hang the belt. Like a reverse ladder match. The real difference is that to be eligible to hang the belt, you must first pin somebody or force them to submit. If you're pinned or made to submit, you spend time in a 'penalty box'.

Oh I get it sounds like a much better stipulation than most of the WWE ones.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
CWBush said:
Word is that they're looking at ending the Sting/Daniels feud and reforming XXX (which would be Daniels, Senshi, and Elix Skipper). While they did lose that match that would mean they were forced to break up (in that now legendary Six Sides of Steel), I think it's been long enough - and would certainly give three very talented workers something to do.

I'd love to see XXX reform, but Skipper isn't with the company anymore is he? They'd have to bring him back. My only doubt about it is I'd like to see Daniels pushed towards the TNA championship. Perhaps Skipper/Senshi as tag champs and Daniels as TNA champ.

I miss TNA PPV's. Had to give up Foxtel in December so I don't get to see them. Hopefully moving to another place in a couple of months and will definately get back into it. Until then I'll keep watching the TNA Dvd's I have as well as the taped PPV's I still have from last year.

Jono Russell

Bench
so how do I watch this TNA. In all honesty I have watched wwe / wcw for almost 20 years and have never seen TNA once.

Misanthrope

Staff member
so how do I watch this TNA. In all honesty I have watched wwe / wcw for almost 20 years and have never seen TNA once.

We don't currently get episodes of Impact aired here, but you can either download them from iTunes Store or download them at http://www.pwsforums.com

You need to register an account and make a certain amount of posts (20 when I joined) to download media, but they've got a great selection. Impact generally goes up every Saturday morning (our time).

Big Tim

First Grade
Impellitteri said:

I wont. I just recognised them and Billy Gunn was one of my favourites in the WWF.

Another thing, Rodney Roode, any connection to Rick??

Misanthrope

Staff member
Another thing, Rodney Roode, any connection to Rick??

It's Robert Roode, and as far as I know, he's no relation. He's Canadian and was trained by Sean 'Val Venis' Morley.

Big Tim

First Grade
Thats him... how embarassing.

He seemed to have the swagger of Rick, but now I see he gets it from Val.

Cheers.

Latest posts