What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread part II

Providing the price is right which is your preferred FTA broadcast option?

• All games on Seven

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • All games on Nine

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • All games on Ten

Votes: 59 22.6%
  • Seven/Nine split

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Seven/Ten split

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Nine/Ten split

Votes: 55 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2D2

Bench
It was over last week when we played like shit against the knights and they got touched up by Melbourne.
This was always gonna be a floggin.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Look at that 2 capital cities v 5 for the AFL and we smash them to pieces. A grand total of 14k watched the AFL in sydney and brisbane. Pay up 9 and pay up fox or piss right off

Noa

First Grade
Coming to you from the Sun Princess sailing up the east coast so i have a question.

Why the f**k is there only AFL on the Australia Network ? Im guessing its all part of the Melbourne run ABC's "cultural" agenda.

Needs attention!

bobmar28

Bench
Another huge ratings night for the NRL.

11 Nine’s Live Friday Night Football - Nine - 714,000 (Total) - 454,000 (Syd) - *** (Mel) - 260,000 (Bris) - *** (Adel) - *** (Per)

16 Seven’s AFL: Rnd 19: North Melbourne Vs Carlton - Seven - 529,000 (Total) - 8,000 (Syd) - 305,000 (Mel) - 6,000 (Bris) - 120,000 (Adel) - 90,000 (Per)

30 Nine’s Friday Night Football - Nine - 281,000 (Total) - 184,000 (Syd) - *** (Mel) - 97,000 (Bris) - *** (Adel) - *** (Per)

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/07/week-31-4.html

Imagine the numbers when NRL is shown live in all cities in 2013.

hutch

First Grade
Coming to you from the Sun Princess sailing up the east coast so i have a question.

Why the f**k is there only AFL on the Australia Network ? Im guessing its all part of the Melbourne run ABC's "cultural" agenda.

Needs attention!

The Australia network will drop the afl when their contract is up as well!

It is actually a good thing that the NRL is now on setanta. The amount of times I watched the NRL on big screens in pubs and sports bars in Asia is far more exposure than it would get on the Aussie network which is only watched by expats. They did the full origin coverage as well!

IanG

Coach
Also what will happen with the footy coverage on Nine next year when the Olympics are on?

El Diablo

Post Whore
who knows

if 9 lost the rights after next year they'll shaft us

they'll shaft us either way probably

docbrown

Coach
Well because of time difference, Sunday arvos are no problem.

Friday night we get the morning sessions. My guess is they'd show the NRL.

And it's only for 2 Fridays at most.

IanG

Coach
Also who will be doing commentary since Rabs will be over there doing the swimming? Can't remember who did it last time he was doing swimming.

BDGS

Bench
Also who will be doing commentary since Rabs will be over there doing the swimming? Can't remember who did it last time he was doing swimming.

On one occasion when ray was away they had a queenslander do it and judging by the way he commentated the game it sounded as though he was a hits racing commentator.

On another occassion when the swimming was on, Ray commentated the swimming expect night except Friday when they got fox sports mark braybrooke to commentate the swimming for that one night.

Obviously when the olympics is on that is impossible, one thing if for certain the live game will be done by Andrew 'can my head get any bigger' Voss

bobmar28

Bench

Needs attention!

The ABC is run out of Sydney - Note the north shore accents. but they are the AFL's best friend.

Goddo

Bench
The NRL needs to get some control on the broadcast commentary. I am so sick of hearing Ray Warren talk up AFL.

I thought 9 wasn't interested in AFL, and that they wanted RL at all costs. Well, they can start by not talking about AFL during NRL matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.