What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread part II

Providing the price is right which is your preferred FTA broadcast option?

• All games on Seven

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • All games on Nine

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • All games on Ten

Votes: 59 22.6%
  • Seven/Nine split

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Seven/Ten split

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Nine/Ten split

Votes: 55 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IanG

Coach
Well maybe if they made it more affordable and be able to just get the channels you want. Then I wouldn't have the view I have.

IanG

Coach
No I dont wanna see Channel 9 anywhere near it. Gallop shouldn't be anywhere near it either.

Quidgybo

Bench
What I can't work out is why it seems like Gallop is still doing the negotiating of this deal. The guy shouldn't be anywhere near negotiations.
Come off it Brut, you and I both know that no formal negotiations have started. But we also know that, as the man left holding the fort until the Commission is finally formed, Gallop has to keep the lines of communication open and lay some ground work for the upcoming deal. Last thing we need is this deal being thrown together at the last minute because no one's done any homework and the Commission is late to the party.

Leigh

kurt faulk

Coach
Well maybe if they made it more affordable and be able to just get the channels you want. Then I wouldn't have the view I have.

how much do you spend when you go out? do you smoke? spend money on alcohol? $50 a month isn't gonna break the bank.

Green Machine

First Grade
It costs me $60 a month which is less than $14 a week. For me, that is not expensive entertainment on Saturday/Monday Nights and Sunday Afternoons. I would spend more than $14 watching a game at the pub,

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/07...-exemption.html/comment-page-1#comment-260733

Conroy contradicts Nine Perth claim on State of Origin exemption

By David Knox on July 5, 2011
Filed Under News

The Minister for Communications, Stephen Conroy, has not declined a request for Channel Nine Perth to play tomorrow night’s State of Origin match on a multichannel, because no request was made.

The timeslot for the SOO has been an issue in the west, partly because the audience for NRL is perceived as modest, and because the late airing is compounded by the differences in time zone.

On its Facebook page, Wide World of Sports claimed, “Nine Perth have applied for an exemption from the senator and it was not approved.”

Last week a spokesperson from WIN TV’s Nine Perth told TV Tonight, “We inquired of the Minister’s office but his hands are tied by the legislation, State of Origin is a Tier A sport and until Perth switches off the analog service, the broadcaster is required to simulcast in analog and digital on the main channel.”

But State of Origin will actually be a Tier B event on the new-look anti-siphoning list.

Yesterday a spokesperson for Senator Conroy contradicted Nine’s advice, telling TV Tonight, “The Minister has not received any request from the Nine Network or WIN to delist matches of the 2011 State of Origin.

“These “delistings” have been made on a case-by-case basis following requests from relevant free-to-air broadcasters that hold the broadcast rights to the events in question, and where they are consistent with the intended reforms to the anti-siphoning scheme as announced by the Minister on 25 November 2010.

“These reforms will provide for the making of an anti-siphoning list with two tiers: Tier A and Tier B. State of Origin will be listed under Tier B of a future list. Tier B events will be allowed to be premiered on a digital multichannel.

“It remains the case that scheduling and programming decisions regarding events such as the State of Origin are commercial considerations for free-to-air broadcasters. The anti-siphoning scheme and list would not prevent Nine Perth from showing matches of the 2011 State of Origin at an earlier time on its main channel.”

When furthered on the detail of its exemption request, Nine Perth declined to comment further.

The game will be played at 8:30pm tomorrow night on Nine, one hour earlier than the second SOO match

who wants this mob to have anything to do with the game :evil:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd be outraged but Ch9 perth couldn;t get any lower in my estimations, we all know they are merkins, now we know they are lieing merkins!

beave

Coach
f**king give it to them on their WWOS facebook page, I'm good for a weekly abuse on there.......

gallagher

Juniors
Blatently lying to the fans of their major sporting partner. If it happened to a professional sport their boss would be outraged and would be shouting it from the highest building.Our boss wont even bring it up.

BDGS

Bench
Blatently lying to the fans of their major sporting partner. If it happened to a professional sport their boss would be outraged and would be shouting it from the highest building.Our boss wont even bring it up.

We need a head shaking emoticon.

docbrown

Coach
Channel Nine Perth and Adelaide are owned by WIN tv and don't have anything to do with Nine.

But 9 lied about Win/9 Perth actually asking for an exemption and being rejected. They were effectively blaming the government for it.

You can't call it anything else but a lie.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
This is how they treat the game when they are trying to woo us into getting into bed with them for another 5 years… f**k ‘em.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Let them have it on their Wide World Of Sports facebook page. Alot of people will see it and see that they are chicken shit to respond.

Cletus

First Grade
But 9 lied about Win/9 Perth actually asking for an exemption and being rejected. They were effectively blaming the government for it.

You can't call it anything else but a lie.

Well its definitely f**ked up but I thought WIN/nine Perth that put out the statement? Anyway I cant believe they thought no-one would check it with Conroys office, why would you release a statement that is bullshit in the first place.

docbrown

Coach
Well its definitely f**ked up but I thought WIN/nine Perth that put out the statement? Anyway I cant believe they thought no-one would check it with Conroys office, why would you release a statement that is bullshit in the first place.

Out of the networks, Channel 9 have the worst reputation in dealing with complaints, which is why they're being watched by the ACMA.

They tend to just lie/deflect rather than address issues and in this case they've been caught out because they made a false statement using a government official's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts