What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Warriors

Lossy

Juniors
A bit off topic but I still don't understand how a team called the 'New Zealand' Warriors is in the NRL. A whole country vs a suburb of sydney like Cronulla as an e.g.

Nah, only Australians call them the New Zealand Warriors.

And a whole country vs a suburb? Shit, bro. Have you seen the number of Kiwis in other NRL teams?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I know, its the name I dislike.
Just like the Roosters shouldn't call themselves "Sydney", the Warriors shouldn't call themselves "New Zealand".

And if/when the 2nd NZ teams comes in how ridiculous would New Zealand v Wellington sound. They should go back to being Auckland.

shinobi

Juniors
A tough team to beat on their day but I don't think they have what it takes to go all the way.

A bit off topic but I still don't understand how a team called the 'New Zealand' Warriors is in the NRL. A whole country vs a suburb of sydney like Cronulla as an e.g.

Oh well...

so your fine with stealing all our players?

Gaseous Clay

Juniors
Good win by Auckland today -gutsy defense and showed a lot of heart- my second team. Locke is one hell of a player- good luck warriors fans.

ozenzud

Juniors
A tough team to beat on their day but I don't think they have what it takes to go all the way.

Oh well...

They have 25 players and a salary cap like everyother team? Ridiculous thing to say. All the players in Cronulla are from Cronulla? A third of the Warriors are from Qld

Meth

Staff member
Agree with the consensus on Ropati. I was a big critic of Ropati, but his 2010 form was sensational and he fixed his defense up.

The Warriors were sensational for the final 10 minutes. Hardly a threat to the Dragons though.

BranVan3000

Coach
They beat an average team, who cares. They're not contenders, they're going to run into an inform Souths next week, we'll put them in their place (no better than mid table) as we continue our climb up the ladder.
lol you need to wake up. It's more like Souths will be running into an in-form Warriors outfit

Not only will we have our injury toll, but we will be losing more players to Origin. Best case scenario is Maroons go for someone besides Taylor

Meth

Staff member
lol you need to wake up. It's more like Souths will be running into an in-form Warriors outfit

Not only will we have our injury toll, but we will be losing more players to Origin. Best case scenario is Maroons go for someone besides Taylor

I doubt pea-heart will be named in the Maroons this year

Blake

Juniors
Berrigan was playing good before his injury. Ideally I wouldn't have him at centre but he'll do a good enough job there.

What the hell are you on? Two massive breaks attributed directly to him that lead for tries then another on his side that nearly led to four points then a huge knock on.

Cleary was right to pull him from the field.

He's too small for centre and too slow.

His best moment was a run out of dummy half.

Iafeta

Referee

Oh well...

Its been said many many times on here. They are the Warriors. They are NOT the New Zealand Warriors. That is a myth.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
What the hell are you on? Two massive breaks attributed directly to him that lead for tries then another on his side that nearly led to four points then a huge knock on.

Cleary was right to pull him from the field.

He's too small for centre and too slow.

His best moment was a run out of dummy half.

Did you watch any of the games before he broke his hand?

Blake

Juniors
Did you watch any of the games before he broke his hand?

Sure did.

He was ok playing hooker but when they moved him to centre he was rag-dolled. The guy is too small and bit past it now.

Today he had a shocker that led to 10 points.

Certainly didn't deserve to start.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Its been said many many times on here. They are the Warriors. They are NOT the New Zealand Warriors. That is a myth.
So instead of arrogantly standing for too much, like the roosters, they stand for nothing at all.

And technically, they are the "Vodafone Warriors". Vodafone is even on their logo, which is just bloody embarassing.