What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Willie Mason Superthread

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm undecided. When he's on song, he's a hell of a footballer, but when his mind's elsewhere things become very interesting. And I dare say his "average games" far outweigh his "good games" ...

But then again I want big crowds to start packing into EAS again - will Willie help bring the crowds back?

aqua_duck

Coach
As far as I understand money is not an issue so he can:
a.come to a top 8 club in his hometown, still be only a 2 hour drive away from his mates in Sydney, be close to his family, join his little brother and link up once again with his mate Onslow
b.go to a wooden spoon contender who'll be minus matt bowen for the best part of the season, play alongside Carl Webb, in a town where he knows no one, a town with which he has no association with and he's a good 3 hours by plane away from all his mates in Sydney

If you ask mne it should be a no brainer

Hanscholo

Bench
1. has caused problems at every club.
3. Has hardly played in 2 years and is still coming back from major knee surgery.
4. he has hands like feet.
5. We have a no dick heads policy.
6. We have ample backrowers/ front rowers.
7. If he wanted to be here why has he never made an attempt to do so.

I love how the attitude of the club, players and supporters has changed ever so slightly over the last 18 months from where we had strong idea of the kind of players we did and didnt want at the club to now where we seemingly are going to go in for the single biggest trouble maker in the NRL. Its hillarious, and we wonder why after 25 years we have gone nowhere. Brian Smith wont even have the bloke come to training, does that not ring alarm bells? Or is Smith now a sh*t coach, im confused.

Rick....we need a halfback mate, not a washed up time bomb.

Last edited by a moderator:

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
1. We do have a no dickheads policy.
But Smith signed Carney? Also if mason does mess up i can't see him having a second chance. Plus you are talking about an incident that happened many years ago.

2. If he fires with the rest of our pack, Mullen/Scotty/ Rogers will have plenty to work with.

3. We aren't getting a decent halfback this season regardless and when is the next "decent one available"

4. Still has the ability to play at SOO level if thats what he sets his goals to.

5. 80k - end of story

Serc

First Grade
I reckon we are 70/30 on to get him.

Interesting, when Captain Emo says we are 70% likely there must be a chance! I was thinking the odds would've been the other way around myself but who knows...I certainly wouldn't say no to Mason.

Yes vote is currently 84% haha

roopy

Referee
8 - Cross
9 - De Gois
10 - Tuafua/Tolar
11 - Simmo
12 - House
13 - Taia

14 - Mason
15 - Richie
16 - Pato
17 - Hilder

best bench in the league

aqua_duck

Coach
That'd be one of the tallest packs, Cross, Pato, House and Willie all 6'3 or taller, Taia, Simmo and Tolar around the 6'2 mark

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
Interesting, when Captain Emo says we are 70% likely there must be a chance! I was thinking the odds would've been the other way around myself but who knows...I certainly wouldn't say no to Mason.

Yes vote is currently 84% haha

That's certainly a mature well constructed post adding to the conversation.

If we sign or not, there appears to be an issue that's being looked over:

WTF are the players doing manipulating the coach and management through the media?? It's the freaking Hagan years all over again.

m0j0

Bench
I could be wrong (it happens from time to time) but didn't Mason approach the Knights as a junior and they gave him a "thanks, but no thanks" reply which is why he ended up going to the Bulldogs?

Coastbloke

Bench
As far as I understand money is not an issue so he can:
a.come to a top 8 club in his hometown, still be only a 2 hour drive away from his mates in Sydney, be close to his family, join his little brother and link up once again with his mate Onslow
b.go to a wooden spoon contender who'll be minus matt bowen for the best part of the season, play alongside Carl Webb, in a town where he knows no one, a town with which he has no association with and he's a good 3 hours by plane away from all his mates in Sydney

If you ask mne it should be a no brainer

Game set and match.. :D

Just sign him up and lets get on with 2010..

His major crimes are pissing up against the wall twice and jumping a cab..At that rate he'll be petrified to go to Newcastle CBD if that's the worst he can do on a Saturday night.. :sarcasm:

Yosh

Coach
1. has caused problems at every club.
3. Has hardly played in 2 years and is still coming back from major knee surgery.
4. he has hands like feet.
5. We have a no dick heads policy.
6. We have ample backrowers/ front rowers.

1. What exactly? What makes him SUCH a di*k head.
2. Comes after 1 and before 3
3. Not his fault, his form returning from injury was good enough to suggest he still has alot of yards left in him
4. Those exact hands have a Premiership Ring on them, used to collect his Clive Churchill medal and lifted the SOO shield.
5. Refer to 1!
6. He'll come for 80k and is better than anyone we got, perhaps only Taia anywhere near his class.
7. We never offered him anything decent. He was at one of the best clubs during the middle of the century (Doggies) and moved to one of the most celebrated clubs after he was offed 400k a year.

So what you think?

P.S

I think this was the most constructive post I have ever made...:D

Last edited:

bails

Juniors
I think the Cowboys will announce his signing tomorrow good to see we made a play for him but too late i think