What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The World Cup Thread

stevo said:
He's hot ay! Awsome player too. he like was like 18 on his debut for the socceroos and best of all he's a BLUE!!! haha

well then i guess hes the only blue that doesnt feel like a loser right now OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

im bad, im naughty

aqua_duck

Coach
stevo said:
He's hot ay! Awsome player too. he like was like 18 on his debut for the socceroos and best of all he's a BLUE!!! haha
I dont rate Lucas Neill as a centre half to be honest, he'll get exposed by any half decent striker, his best position is right fullback but Guus seems to think that we need to find a spot for Brett Emerton even though he's not a great right fullback, he's better in midfield. WIlkshire should be dropped as well with CUlina taking his spot and Cahill in an advanced mifield role. Kewell should be switched to the left.

Alex28

Coach
Group E has got a bit more interesting all of a sudden - Czech's beaten by Ghana! Italy draws with the US!

astrogirl

First Grade
Alex28 said:
Group E has got a bit more interesting all of a sudden - Czech's beaten by Ghana! Italy draws with the US!
Thanks for that info Alex!

I can't wait for the game tonight/tomo morning!!! :crazy:

astrogirl

First Grade
:crazy:

Not long to go!!! Who is going to watch the game tonight? I'm going out in a few hours - CAN'T WAIT!!!

:crazy: :crazy:

Alex28

Coach
A draw would be an amazing result tonight. I know if it's our day we can beat them - but it's Brazil we are talking about...

Ghana has shown us that any team is beatable - I couldn't see any one beating the Czech's during the first round...

Go Socceroos :)

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'll be happy with a draw or narrow loss (although obviously a win would be friggin' awesome) and a narrow Japanese victory over Croatia. The Japanese won't beat Brazil in their final game, which leaves it up to us to put Croatia to bed and seal our place in the final sixteen.

Alex28

Coach
If Japan knock over Croatia...then we are just about through whether we win or not tonight. That would be a great result :)

Misanthrope

Staff member
If Japan knock over Croatia...then we are just about through whether we win or not tonight. That would be a great result

You mean assuming we beat or draw with Croatia next week?

Alex28

Coach
Well...yes...points difference will come into play...Croatia's will be looking pretty average though...Japan should get beaten by Brazil...

I would think we are just about home if we don't get a royal flogging by Brazil and Japan beat Croatia...

Alex28

Coach
First half is a great result for us - defence has held up great but we are actually getting shots on goal as well!

I'll gladly take another 45 minutes of that :)

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've got to say I was very impressed with the performance. 2-0 certainly isn't a fair reflection of just how well Australia played - any other team would have been beaten by us tonight. It was just a lop-sided free kick count and some bad luck at the breakdown that cost us a valuable point there.

The draw between Japan & Croatia is a good result for us. A result against Croatia next Thursday will see us through to the round of sixteen for a likely showdown with Italy.

Latest posts