What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wrestling Question Thread

PARANoIR

Bench
Someone mentioned it in another thread..and Ive always wondered..what the hell happened to King of the Ring?!

thuganomics

Coach
After 2002 when Brock Lesnar won they decided to drop the concept. Maybe because it would get too confusing with the Brand Split n all, but i'm not certain.

mikkolos

Juniors
PARANoIR said:
lol. Ill take 2nds if I have to, Im not picky :p

You forgot to add the part that she actually got taken off tv because some clowns were planning to jump the fence thing and rip her clothes off to strip her down. The WWE found out about it so they took her off TV, and leading up to her being taken off she was wearing skin tight suits and staying up the top of the ramp.

What? Are you serious? Was there ever any actual attempts, and how did the WWE find out about it?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Someone mentioned it in another thread..and Ive always wondered..what the hell happened to King of the Ring?!

It's a pity, too. With the exception of Billy Gunn - everyone who won it went on to really go places, much like the Royal Rumble.

PARANoIR

Bench
mikkolos said:
What? Are you serious? Was there ever any actual attempts, and how did the WWE find out about it?

Yeah, it got leaked, they guys planning it let it get out. I was reading all about it the other day, Ill try and find it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've got one:

What irritates you most about the WWE?

AND

What is it that you keep tuning in for?

Big Pete

Referee
What irratates me is the predictability.

We've seen all thse storylines before and none of the feuds (bar Edge-Hardy) have kept us guessing or wanting to see who wins, not to say it was a great feud.

What keeps me tuning in?

Besides from there being nothing else on. I'd have to say the quality of the matches and the odd apperances from wrestlers like Austin and Foley.

PARANoIR

Bench
chriswalkerbush said:

Tis easy. JBL. Cant stand him.

CWB said:

Another easy one..2 factors...1. Rey Mysterio...and 2. The impending return of the whole f**kin show...R - V - D!

thuganomics

Coach
chriswalkerbush said:

AND

What irritates you most about the WWE? - Predictability. Thing that I loved about the Attitude era was that it was unpredictable and the WWE would do anything to win the ratings war.

What is it that you keep tuning in for? - Some certain wrestlers and the fact that I'm looking to be surprised. I've been hooked on wrestling for a while and for me its hard to get away from.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Owen Hart, hands down. He could have been a legend were it not for his untimely demise.

RABK

Referee
This may suprise some but i think for the talent, Charisma and awesome character he had the Macho Man Randy Savage didn't hold as many world titles as he should have. He was absolutely awesome.

British Bulldog is another who comes to mind, excellent wrestler who never did much at all.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Another question, shouldn't take too long.

Was King of the Ring the June PPV? If not, what month was it?

PARANoIR

Bench
Should never have got rid of KotR. It was heaps cool. All the champions have been credible ones..except Viscera. lol.

PARANoIR

Bench
Ah yes, BA Billy Gunn..forgot about him, my mistake, but he has way more credibility than Viscera did, atleast he'd held some titles.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Vis won it as King Mabel and he was pretty over at the time, went on to a fairly decent push, as has Edge
the only one who never really kicked into gear after a KOTR win was Gunn

imagine what a KOTR could do for a Shelton, Kennedy etc... Silly decision to drop that PPV imo

Latest posts