What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinktank - How to derail GWS Pansies & GC Softies ...

chrisc101

Juniors
I wouldn't get too worried at all about it.
There are going to be people from out here in the West who attend for the novelty value.
That will soon wear off.

All the NRL needs to do is keep working at our own game, and promote the differing levels of rep footy we have.

What has the AFL got apart from the AFL premiership?
They don't have rep games....so if players or supporters are satisfied with just an AFL premiership, then good luck to them.

Exactly we have so much more dynamics in our sport through the different competitions.

We have also created another one with the All Star game! Which is something the AFL cannot replicate because it would be Blacks verse Whites, another tick in our favour.

Anyone who thinks these arrogant Mexicans will be a threat has rocks in their head.

A. We won't swallow their arrogance
B. Their sport is sh*thouse
C. NSWelshmen hate Mexicans and anything associated with them, with a passion.

Let them come and blow their millions on the GWS white elephant, if anything it will just pump up our economy for few years.

Evenflow

Bench
Exactly we have so much more dynamics in our sport through the different competitions.

We have also created another one with the All Star game! Which is something the AFL cannot replicate because it would be Blacks verse Whites, another tick in our favour.

At the risk of playing devils advocate the nuffies at the AFL have played an indigenous all star game against an AFL club off and on since the mid 90's which is pretty much the same thing so unfortunately we can't claim that one.

I think too many people spend far too much time worried about what the opposition are doing and not about us. We've by far got the best game and product in the country yet all anyone can do is obsess about the other code/s. Why anyone would give them a second thought i'll never know, i'll just sit back and enjoy the greatest game of all instead.

user_nat

Coach
If anyone should get sallary cap concessions, its Brisbane. Since we have already lost a player to AFL :p

The Engineers Room

First Grade
6. Yet Controversial: should we relax or provide salary cap concessons to the Titans, Tigers, Dogs and Panthers to allow them to succeed immensely over the next 5 years? this is what the afl is doing with their new teams.

What about the Eels? They are the team that is closest to the new AFL team's base.

mbitsko

Juniors
Why only the Tigers, Dogs and Panthers get salary cap concessions? You do realise that Blacktown City is Parramatta territory.

Besides, if there are to be any advatages given to any teams, its at junior level, with the kids, where the battle will be won. Which should already be happening, reguardless of the AFL.

To defeat the AFL, all we need to do is exist and keep existing, we have the superior product.

Not on these figures we don't.

NRL Average attendance 2009: 17,343
AFL Average attendance 2009: 37,785

Margin of total AFL 2009 attendance over NRL: 3,504,242 (with 16 fewer games)

Number of NRL teams in the top 16 of a combined AFL/NRL table of 2009 average attendances: 1 - Brisbane Broncos (16th)

Number of NRL teams with a total 2009 attendance over 500,000 - 3
Number of AFL teams with a total 2009 attendance over 500,000 - 16

Brisbane Broncos 2009 average attendance 26,545 (1st in NRL)
Brisbane Lions (AFL) 2009 average attendance 30,085 (12th in AFL)

Margin: best NRL 2009 av. attendance (Brisbane) over worst AFL av. attendance (Port Adelaide) - 956.

Margin: best AFL 2009 av. attendance (Collingwood) over worst NRL 2009 av. attendance (Canberra) - 44,583.

Melbourne Storm 2009 average attendance 16,901
Sydney Swans (AFL) 2009 average attendance 30,997

Bottom NRL team (Sydney Roosters) 2009 average attendance 12,877
Bottom AFL team (Melbourne) 2009 average attendance 28,920

NRL team: largest provincial centre (Newcastle) 2009 av. attend 14,945
AFL team: largest provincial centre (Geelong) 2009 av. attend 43,448

Number of NRL 2009 attendances over 30,000 - 14.
Number of AFL 2009 attendances over 30,000 - 128

Number of NRL 2009 attendances over 50,000 - 4
Number of AFL 2009 attendances over 50,000 - 30

If the product is superior then the marketing is profoundly inferior.

Source: stats.rleague.com

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
Mate, it's nothing to worry about. It's just a money making exercise for the AFL to boost their TV rights.

Bingo

Even the AFL isn't stupid enough to think that by sticking a team into West Sydney that it will convert the masses to fumbleball.

They are just trying to milk their next TV deal for all it is worth and in order to do that they need new teams. Tasmania already likes fumbleball so putting a team there to generate more TV money is not going to work.

Some say they are trying to grow their game, but how many of the Sydney Swans are Sydney born and raised after 30 years?

ashrafieh

Juniors

You lost me here... Brisbane Broncos average more then the Lions... Maybe you need to look at rleague stats again mate, but if it helps your arguements to make up bullsh*t...;-)

babyg

Juniors
I'm totally over all this sh*t too.

Really this should be what the NRL should be doing anyway. It is how to run a competitive organisation. Just make the NRL stronger.

I wouldn't get too worried at all about it.
There are going to be people from out here in the West who attend for the novelty value.
That will soon wear off.

All the NRL needs to do is keep working at our own game, and promote the differing levels of rep footy we have.

What has the AFL got apart from the AFL premiership?
They don't have rep games....so if players or supporters are satisfied with just an AFL premiership, then good luck to them.

They can play in exotic Nauru --- that's one thing the NRL can't offer.

mbitsko

Juniors
You lost me here... Brisbane Broncos average more then the Lions... Maybe you need to look at rleague stats again mate, but if it helps your arguements to make up bullsh*t...;-)

Brisbane Bronco's 2009: 716,725 - 27 matches = 26,545 average
Brisbane Lions 2009: 722,041 - 24 matches = 30.085 average

Relatively poor away attendances for the Bronco's make the difference.
Terrible isn't it?

Work it out for yourself if you like: stats.rleague.com

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do sir?"
John Maynard Keynes.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
At the risk of playing devils advocate the nuffies at the AFL have played an indigenous all star game against an AFL club off and on since the mid 90's which is pretty much the same thing so unfortunately we can't claim that one.

I think too many people spend far too much time worried about what the opposition are doing and not about us. We've by far got the best game and product in the country yet all anyone can do is obsess about the other code/s. Why anyone would give them a second thought i'll never know, i'll just sit back and enjoy the greatest game of all instead.

AFL also had State Of Origin before we did (sort of) but its still ours, much like how we claim Mel Gibson and Russel Crowe as Australian, and Queensland claim Greg Inglis as theirs.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Not on these figures we don't.

NRL Average attendance 2009: 17,343
AFL Average attendance 2009: 37,785

Margin of total AFL 2009 attendance over NRL: 3,504,242 (with 16 fewer games)

Number of NRL teams in the top 16 of a combined AFL/NRL table of 2009 average attendances: 1 - Brisbane Broncos (16th)

Number of NRL teams with a total 2009 attendance over 500,000 - 3
Number of AFL teams with a total 2009 attendance over 500,000 - 16

Margin: best NRL 2009 av. attendance (Brisbane) over worst AFL av. attendance (Port Adelaide) - 956.

Margin: best AFL 2009 av. attendance (Collingwood) over worst NRL 2009 av. attendance (Canberra) - 44,583.

Melbourne Storm 2009 average attendance 16,901
Sydney Swans (AFL) 2009 average attendance 30,997

Bottom NRL team (Sydney Roosters) 2009 average attendance 12,877
Bottom AFL team (Melbourne) 2009 average attendance 28,920

NRL team: largest provincial centre (Newcastle) 2009 av. attend 14,945
AFL team: largest provincial centre (Geelong) 2009 av. attend 43,448

Number of NRL 2009 attendances over 30,000 - 14.
Number of AFL 2009 attendances over 30,000 - 128

Number of NRL 2009 attendances over 50,000 - 4
Number of AFL 2009 attendances over 50,000 - 30

If the product is superior then the marketing is profoundly inferior.

Source: stats.rleague.com

Alot of people also supported/supports Hitler, just goes to show that when people arent given a choice, they will follow what they are told.

Sydney and Brisbane have had the AFL option for 30 years, we still think its sh*t. Just goes to show that when people have an option, they wont pick AFL. Notice that in the 3 competitive areas of NRL vs AFL, the NRL is up 2-1? Who knows where the Storm would be if they got decent coverage by various media networks. Victoria is crying for another option.

user_nat

Coach
Brisbane Bronco's 2009: 716,725 - 27 matches = 26,545 average
Brisbane Lions 2009: 722,041 - 24 matches = 30.085 average

Relatively poor away attendances for the Bronco's make the difference.
Terrible isn't it?

Work it out for yourself if you like: stats.rleague.com

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do sir?"
John Maynard Keynes.

Not sure how fair including away figures is..

m0nty

Juniors
Alot of people also supported/supports Hitler, just goes to show that when people arent given a choice, they will follow what they are told.

godwins_law_protester.jpg

Thomas

First Grade
Ha! 3 pages and Godwin's Law comes into effect.

Well done, Tezza.

ZOMFG! Hitlerz!

Latest posts