What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinktank - How to derail GWS Pansies & GC Softies ...

Cardinal Myrtle

Juniors
we need to remeber that for a time we were the countries number one sport- and the result was super league. however there were some good ideas. the storm and the perth reds, brisbanes second team.decreasing number of sydney teams were all valid points. Think, if souths and cronulla had merged then, would souths have ever been kicked out? would cronulla be on the ropes now.? if penrith and paramatta merged, would they not be an ultimate mega super duper club that would crush everyone into oblivion via the huge junior base, would this superpower team winning many a title with all locals have been enough to repel even the idea of a GWS AFL team. me think so. HAd we gone all to superleague- life would be much better. Conference systen is the way to go
I beg your pardon? When was this?

meltiger

First Grade
My daughters are forced to do auskick at school where the principal is... that's right, a middle aged woman.

You know, Auskick being in schools isn't a bad thing. It's not going to result in thousands of kids heading en-masse to Aussie Rules junior clubs.

Hell, I did Vickick when I was in primary school and outside of one year playing it in school on the gold coast (all my mates were ex-pat Vics, and we treated it as a social thing moreso than any desire to play the game) I never played Aussie Rules in my life.

What it did give me though, was a huge advantage in my understanding of basic kicking skills when I was playing RL/RU over kids who hadn't had any kind of real training in that area.

There are skills that Auskick can teach that kids can take back to RL which will help them - Look at something even as simple as penalties. time after time we see teams take the safe option and kick the ball out gaining 25-40 metres. If you have someone who can accurately put the ball out over 50-60 metres every time, that gives you a massive advantage.

Latest posts