What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks

Parraletic

Juniors
Very dissapointing news imo. League doesn't need any more negative stories. Not surprised which club this story has come out of tough.

sting

Bench
Do you live under a rock?

Between Beale & Cooper rugby had the local media sewn up. Even knocked Tiger off the back page. Gallen & Wicks returned serve for league though.

Wonder what Andrew Symonds has up his sleeve?

lol possibly?

well i must be, i hadn't seen or heard anything about it til just before.

jc155776

Coach
Can't contact Houston?? Very interesting.

Kick them out of the comp.

Soufs too, its their fault somehow.

Wicks is a prop, so is Jason Ryles, so he should also be suspended.

Alex28

Coach
When will these spastics learn????

I have no doubt he would be on the $100k mark, what in god's name is he thinking??
God...it only. He was on around double that.

So...good result for the Knights! Free's up some salary cap for next year.

Alex28

Coach
Can't contact Houston?? Very interesting.

Kick them out of the comp.

Soufs too, its their fault somehow.

Wicks is a prop, so is Jason Ryles, so he should also be suspended.
You weren't funny the first time, you are going on making a fool of yourself. Isn't it past your bed time little boy?

Got sacked immediately, as you would know.

The Knights, on the other hand, have a long and proud history of forgiving their drug offenders, or even employing those who have been sacked from other clubs for drug incidents:

Andrew Johns
Robbie O'Davis
Adam MacDougall
Ben Kennedy
Mitchell Sargent

Need I go on?

Wayne Richards.

Knightmare

Coach
Got sacked immediately, as you would know.

The Knights, on the other hand, have a long and proud history of forgiving their drug offenders, or even employing those who have been sacked from other clubs for drug incidents:

Andrew Johns
Robbie O'Davis
Adam MacDougall
Ben Kennedy
Mitchell Sargent

Need I go on?

Uhh, Joey got busted AFTER his career had finished. Still, don't let facts get in the way of another one of your anti-Knights tyrades....

Matt23

Staff member
Another thing Skeepe, who was BK playing for when he got done for drugs?

country hick

Juniors
Send him to gaol!!!! There is no place in our community for drug suppliers!!! Let him think about his actions for a couple of years - hmmmm . . . . .wonder how long this has been going on for - seems tohave been a change in club culture since the departure of their former coach!!!!!

lifesgood

Juniors
Wont surprise me if his not the only one in the NRL involved in selling drugs

These players are beyond a joke.. they have a life every football fan could dream of, and they throw it away like its nothing.

Jake friend for instance is only 19!! Danny wicks would only be 23 or 24.

But on a lighter side, drug dealers would get alot of money, and with the full time training these players do and the little money most of em get, doesnt suprise me they do anything for money, not giving em an excuse! But they were given the money they deserve working a full time job as an nrl player, alot of this may be prevented

country hick

Juniors
Agree whole heartedly - these NRL players train most days of the week, appear at charity and promotinal events, attend junior player training sessions, hang out in shopping centres to supoprt causes such as cancer council,westpac rescue helicopter etc - all notable causes. Attendance at such events is a given for the players - problem is - many people only see that the players are on duty for 26 weeks of the year - they dont see all of the pre season training. Pay the players more and offer decent termed contracts! I'm over the one, two or three years contracts - come on NRL Clubs - MAKE A REAL COMMITMENT TO THE PLAYERS!!!!!:x (mind you - this comment is NOT intended to minimise or justify WICKS actions - he done wrong - he should paay!)

Latest posts