What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursty gets off

drake

First Grade
Settle down. Ryles has copped a week's suspension for 'being in the same country as a dangerous throw made by a more popular player who is a top bloke and it's not 'is go'.

Justice has been served.

Shorty

Staff member
Wow,I seriously thought he was gone.

As for those laughing at JT's reasoning,you're pretty silly if you can't see how it worked.
JT is injured therefore he attempted a tackle that he could not handle and this was clearly evident.

And then some of you go on to whinge that the next player that does it will get suspended.
Well yeah...that's usually what happens,unless you;
a)Have unrelated records
b)Actually fight the charge,fancy that!

Some of you blokes are pretty ridiculous and more black and white than an old tv!

Wake up!
Nothing can be viewed in black and white,ever!
You're living in a fantasy land.

Garts

Bench
Based on previous charges and the rules he should have got the week however due it being a semi and it being JT he got off, no doubt as he was guilty. However I dont have a drama with it as semis should be worth more and if Manly are good enough to win the comp we should be able to beat the Cowboys with JT, I would rather a tough game before the GF should we qualify.

Bicey_18

Bench
Pathetic decision....

I wonder if Morley, Crocker, woolford would have got off last night under the same circumstances... id dont think so!

The review committee that is paid to make these decisions charged him and gave him 1 week, what does that say? And how do those blokes feel about being over ruled when they are the men hired to make the decisions. I would have took any bet that he got off.. why? Because with 2 games remaining would you risk losing him for both when you could know for sure that if they got past Manly, he would be there in the GF, unless of course they knew that he was a certainty to get off. I think the panel taking 10 mins to clear him knew before anyone walked in the room that he was gonna get off... it just makes a mockery of the game and its rules and its officials. As usual I would say the snouts are all in troughs and im not a Manly fan either but I am a fan of somebody that is put in a position to rule on these matters are over ruled, its just a mockery.

How could the review committee get it so wrong and charge him and give him 1 week, were they looking at a different video of the incident. No, they done their job that they are paid to do but obviously there were bigger noses in the troughs than theirs. If i was one of the committee members that gave him 1 week I would hand in my resignation and ask.. Why am i needed?

Billybob

Juniors
he was never at risk of missing two games

if he fought it and lost he would have got one game
same as if he pleaded guilty

it was only loading that was making him miss a game if he plead guilty

Bicey_18

Bench
Billybob said:
he was never at risk of missing two games

if he fought it and lost he would have got one game
same as if he pleaded guilty

it was only loading that was making him miss a game if he plead guilty

My understanding was that if he fought the charge and lost, he copped 2 weeks.

skeepe

Immortal
Simon Woolford made a lesser tackle a few years back... used the momentum excuse that Thurston did I believe.... got 8 weeks.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Next time a player is cited for a simular tackle, I expect they'll get that Thurston tape, take it to the judiciary and say "thanks".

Absolute joke.

Clock watcher

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
No the joke was that he was even charged, absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle!

Locky i think you have missed the point of the decision.
The tackle was illegal, but thurston had fractures in his shoulders wich prevent him from lifting ad driving.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Clock watcher said:
Locky i think you have missed the point of the decision.
The tackle was illegal, but thurston had fractures in his shoulders wich prevent him from lifting ad driving.

Yep..and he was let off, rightly so. The joke that they even deemed that tackle to be worth any more than a on field penalty was a disgrace.

perverse

Referee
it's a poor decision... but i'm glad i'll be seeing JT play this weekend.

why do we even bother with the judiciary these days?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
gong_eagle said:
Dinner at Gallops tonight for him now

Yep. Matai will be serving drinks. Hoppa will be stuffing the chicken. Peter Peters will be in the kitchen scoffing the left overs. And Watmough will be out the back assaulting the dog. Toovey will be standing at the window just whining.

Latest posts