What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Sales for the Four Nations

langpark

First Grade
@NRL-TGG: I think you've got it wrong re: Super League crowds. Remember places like Wakefield and Castleford are essentially backwater villages (with all due respect) and they averaged 6,551 and 7,156 respectively, not far off what some sydney teams often get, a city of over 5 million and the alleged rugby league capital of the world...

If anything, they're punching above their weight in England...

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
@NRL-TGG: I think you've got it wrong re: Super League crowds. Remember places like Wakefield and Castleford are essentially backwater villages (with all due respect) and they averaged 6,551 and 7,156 respectively, not far off what some sydney teams often get, a city of over 5 million and the alleged rugby league capital of the world...

Why do the circumstances of certain clubs come into it?

Either these areas are able to own/have a professional Rugby League team or not. All professional Rugby League teams should be compared to with nothing but raw figures, otherwise it then comes down to interpretation of a lot of things.

langpark

First Grade

Either these areas are able to own/have a professional Rugby League team or not. All professional Rugby League teams should be compared to with nothing but raw figures, otherwise it then comes down to interpretation of a lot of things.
you're right. A-League crowds are terrible then because i'm comparing it to the premier league and only raw figures can be used, nothing else...

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Bloody hell.....can we please keep ONE thread on topic and not spin off to a Aus vs Eng vs NZ fight.....its really destroying this forum....I know this is for peoples opinions, but start a thread and make it a sticky so we dont go over the same shit.....

Didgi

:lol: Crowds aren't the only determination of whether they are able to have a club. Of course certain circumstances need to be taken into account, Brisbane's crowds look far better than Sydney teams' crowds for example, yet it's different when you take into account 9 teams in Sydney, or meanwhile that the Cowboys' crowds have dropped significantly but because of natural disasters.

Bluebags1908

Juniors

If anything, they're punching above their weight in England...

Yes, these are their averages - so why are you comparing averages with one-off games? A Sydney team or any NRL team for that matter hasn't averaged below 10,000 for several years.

Billythekid

First Grade
Bloody hell.....can we please keep ONE thread on topic and not spin off to a Aus vs Eng vs NZ fight.....its really destroying this forum....I know this is for peoples opinions, but start a thread and make it a sticky so we dont go over the same shit.....

Agree with this, every thread is just turning into a d*ck waving contest.

yakstorm

First Grade
Considering for the RFL their 'marquee' game of the tournament is the Wembley match, then I don't blame them for taking two of their 'less appealing' matches to smaller venues.

Without too much difficulty they should at least fill 80%+ of those venues which will look good on TV, and ensure each of those matches register a profit whilst they can use their limited marketing resources on ensuring a solid crowd at Wembley.

The Wembley match is the game that will pay the biggest dividends for the code in England if it gets solid crowd. Even more so if England find a way to win with the game live across the country.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I live in Ireland and it’s impossible for me to get from Dublin to Warrington on a Friday night. If the game was on a Saturday afternoon or evening I would’ve been there with bells on, so yeah, I am questioning the wisdom of the scheduling.

I am going over for the double header in London and the final in Leeds should the Aussies qualify.

gutterfax

First Grade
England V Wales should fill the LSV.....if it doesn't, there's something very wrong.
Australia v New Zealand rocked the stoop in 2009.....it should have been played there again.
The double header at Wembley will get close to 50k I believe, and England v the Kiwis in Hull should sell out as the winners of that game will take on the aussies a week later......

roughyedspud

Coach
I live in Ireland and it’s impossible for me to get from Dublin to Warrington on a Friday night. If the game was on a Saturday afternoon or evening I would’ve been there with bells on, so yeah, I am questioning the wisdom of the scheduling.

I am going over for the double header in London and the final in Leeds should the Aussies qualify.

well its not impossible is it

when schedule was announced you could have booked a cheap flight to manchester or liverpool for the friday morning,booked into a cheap travelodge in either manchester or liverpoolfor the night and then get the train to warrington for the game, the station is 2mins from the ground....

Number 16

Juniors
England V Wales should fill the LSV.....if it doesn't, there's something very wrong.
Australia v New Zealand rocked the stoop in 2009.....it should have been played there again.
The double header at Wembley will get close to 50k I believe, and England v the Kiwis in Hull should sell out as the winners of that game will take on the aussies a week later......

Yes, I, too, struggle to understand why the Aus/Kiwi game wasn't scheduled for London again. I'm sure it would have sold out and generated a fantastic atmosphere.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
well its not impossible is it

when schedule was announced you could have booked a cheap flight to manchester or liverpool for the friday morning,booked into a cheap travelodge in either manchester or liverpoolfor the night and then get the train to warrington for the game, the station is 2mins from the ground....

Work?

yakstorm

First Grade
Warrington is really starting to fill up now, pretty much only a handful of seats left, largest groups you can buy together are 2 tickets.

So long as the Terrace fills up (as the generally do), it will be pretty much a full crowd tomorrow night.

Ari Gold

Bench
Had a hard time finding double seats at Wembley so it must be selling well, although only the lower tiers are open.