What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

Agreed about Moltzen, Beau Scott shoul do a number on him when we play them! If we were ever going to consider a grub like Carney, why not just sign Sonny Bill and slip him straight into right centre and be done with it?

greeny12

Juniors
I hate Sonny Bill... But thinking about the damage he could cause for opposition teams is salivating... Only playing for us of course.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I hate Sonny Bill... But thinking about the damage he could cause for opposition teams is salivating... Only playing for us of course.

I hate $BW too, but what my friend said is right - Any team would have him for a season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
all that's happening is Humphreys having a bit fun with Doust after he acted like a c**k back in July.
Just to clarify, who acted like a c**k?

You can't be serious that Humphreys is playing out some form of revenge for fun. I know Humphreys was contradicted by his own coach last July, and looked like a proper dill, but surely there exists a greater level of professionalism at WT than what you're suggesting.

dragon-83

Juniors
Let him go but let's hope the club gets compensated in someway as part of the two clubs agreement.

Fordy20

Juniors
Just to clarify, who acted like a c**k?

You can't be serious that Humphreys is playing out some form of revenge for fun. I know Humphreys was contradicted by his own coach last July, and looked like a proper dill, but surely there exists a greater level of professionalism at WT than what you're suggesting.

No there doesn't. This is a club where the last CEO wanted to give the coach KPIs (i.e. he wanted to make the coach accountable) and the coach got the CEO sacked. That being said, I wouldn't be the one bringing up professionalism when your administration announced the signing of a player before determining whether the player had a formal release.

Father Ted

First Grade
No there doesn't. This is a club where the last CEO wanted to give the coach KPIs (i.e. he wanted to make the coach accountable) and the coach got the CEO sacked. That being said, I wouldn't be the one bringing up professionalism when your administration announced the signing of a player before determining whether the player had a formal release.

Rugby League you'd laugh at it if you did'nt love it

redvwhite

Juniors
Wests Tigers utility Tim Moltzen now likely to join St George Illawarra Dragons

by: Andrew Webster From: The Daily Telegraph October 10, 2011 12:00AM

Release: Tigers utility Tim Moltzen. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph
WESTS Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys has revealed the Tim Moltzen contract dispute will be resolved in days - and he is likely to be released to the Dragons.

It is a stunning about-face from last week when the Tigers appeared ready to dig in and not release the utility star, who signed with the Dragons mid-season.

"The way that it is likely to play out is that he will be going to the Dragons," Humphreys told The Daily Telegraph last night.

"We will have a conversation with them in the next few days about it, but we have been working on the assumption that he won't be here next season.

"His move depended on us granting him a release, and that is the process we are going through now."

As revealed in The Daily Telegraph last week, the Tigers were set to block Moltzen from taking up his three-year deal with St George Illawarra, which was signed after he was granted permission to negotiate with other clubs.

Asked why the clubs position had changed, Humphreys said: "He has signed a contract with the Dragons, so that is where he's likely to end up."

Humphreys refused to be drawn into speculation that the Tigers were struggling to fit him into their salary cap if they did decide to keep him.

It has been assumed that money could be freed up if they sacked halfback Robert Lui, although there have also been suggestions the club was trying to move on centre Mitch Brown. "But we are not moving on Mitch Brown."

Meanwhile, sacked Roosters five-eighth Todd Carney returns from a holiday in Thailand on Wednesday hoping to resolve his future.

While he has received an offer from the Titans, it is understood the Sharks and French Super League side Catalans are his most likely options of a lifeline.

http://www.news.com.au/wests-tigers...george-illawarra/story-fn2mcuj6-1226162674926

Last edited by a moderator:

gypsy

Bench
Not sure I want him at the Dragons now either. Still, he has a chance to prove himself, and he will have his work cut out gaining the respect of his new team mates.

Attachments

• Timmy.jpg
    Timmy.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
WESTS Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys has revealed the Tim Moltzen contract dispute will be resolved in days - and he is likely to be released to the Dragons.

Asked why the clubs position had changed, Humphreys said: "He has signed a contract with the Dragons, so that is where he's likely to end up."

What a funny old fellow is Humphrey.

Has anyone checked on R2Groupie?

I think we've gotta give credit to Moltzen - throughout all this mess he has not said a word and there have been no quotes from him. For all we know, he has been fighting to come to the Dragons, while all the rumours have come from the Tigers camp.

blacksafake

First Grade
It looks like the tigers are set to sign the transfer papers so moltzen can join the dragons.Maybe they have come to their senses & said that we gave you permission to look around so good luck in the future or maybe they have discovered that they do not have the money to keep him? either way i think it is good news as we do need a quality player to replace boyd (or hornby).It's also the last thing that a rookie coach needs in his first year as well.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yeah, I wouldn't be so quick to judge Moltzen.

There's no doubt he didn't wanna leave Tigers, but it's only been the papers speculation that he was trying get out of his Dragons contract. Doubt it's coincidence this happens after Lui smacks his missus.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Of course this mess has been generated by Humphreys from the outset.

It should have been simple. Moltzen's manager negotiated a contract after Moltzen was shown the door at WT. The contract was signed in good faith by both parties. For reasons best known to himself, Humphreys decided to be a dill, issuing a ridiculous media release that was later contradicted by his own coach.

I was never fussed on Moltzen coming. If he stayed at WT, good luck to him. If he came to us, then welcome aboard.

It really only became controversial because of problems within the WT camp.

Bring back choc

Juniors
We need him. The guy can cover a number of positions. He has speed. He's very talented. Of course we need him. I look forward to the attacking options of soward, moltzen, Stanley.