What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

blacklock

Juniors
lets keep it all in perspective. if moltzen is choosing to stay with them..then hes fighting to have a 1 yr deal instead of 3 yrs with us.

let him stay with them. big deal lol

Creaghzy dragon

Juniors
Let him stay with tigers, bide our time for next year buy no one else, wait for salary cap rise then make a play for Dugan and Cronk

gypsy

Bench
Somewhere along the line people seem to have forgot, that he's not that good a player!

Let him stay at the Tigers. If you're going to fight over a young bloke, i'd rather it be a Jack Reed or a Keiran Foran.

j0nesy

Bench
Id rather not have a player that doesnt want to play for us. Thats not to say we shouldnt milk as much out of the Tigers as we can, money not players. Shit happens its a business.

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
I'm not angry.Are you angry?
Should I be angry Willow
What would I be angry about
Probably angry there are too many loopholes and grey areas in many of the NRL rules and regulations
Personally I can't wait for the IC to take the game over
But will things change then ????

innsaneink

Referee
Id rather not have a player that doesnt want to play for us. Thats not to say we shouldnt milk as much out of the Tigers as we can, money not players. Shit happens its a business.
Players get shoved along all the time due to the cap.....and being coaches puppys....loyaltys dead, this bleeding for the jersey crap is romantic hogwash

You may get a few $$$ out of tauber, I doubt it tho...certainly not WTs

Father Ted

First Grade
loyaltys dead, this bleeding for the jersey crap is romantic hogwash

If thats the case why does Moltzen want to stay at the Tigers for less money?
Why have so many of our guys taken smaller contracts and smaller paypackets to remain?
Loyalty aint dead it just defines the shallow from the deep. BTW you forgot the Baa humbug

Last edited:

gypsy

Bench
Apparently big Dell has been training the house down, and may get first crack at the vacant number 1 jersey.
Meanwhile, Paul McGregor and Shaun Timmins are locked in a two-way battle for Mark Gasnier's right centre spot.

Last edited:

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
Apparently big Dell has been training the house down, and may get first crack at the vacant number 1 jersey.
Meanwhile, Paul McGregor and Shaun Timmins are locked in a two-way battle for Mark Gasnier's right centre spot.
Good to see you blokes looking forward to the future ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Should I be angry Willow
What would I be angry about
Probably angry there are too many loopholes and grey areas in many of the NRL rules and regulations
Personally I can't wait for the IC to take the game over
But will things change then ????
You sound angry.

Collateral

Coach
Moltzen can stay at Wastes. There were question marks over his heart and attitude coming to us and he has all but confirmed it with the latest spate of events.

Im over him now. Was excited at first but am now convinced he doesnt belong in Dragons colours whether he wants to be or not. Stay at concord and enjoy being f**ked around by that imbecile Tim Sheens you halfwit.

I always said Stanley should be fullback and Moltzen in the halves/bench. Id prefer if we signed Carney now.

thommo4pm

Coach
All this talk about Moltzen.
Seriously, who cares. Stay at Wests if you want to Tim.
I'm not sure where he was going to fit into our side anyway.

Fullback - I'd prefer Kyle and / or Cummins, Vidot, Nighty, Goodwin. All those blokes can tackle and are safe under the high ball. Moltzen is not.

Halfback - well he wasn't going to be halfback anyway, with Hornby still around. Kyle is also waiting for a crack in the halves.

Centres - unlikely. Gasnier's spot will be taken by Kyle, Chase or Vidot. Moltzen would be ineffective in the centres.

If he stays with the filth he is with now, it's no big loss as far as I'm concerned.

Fordy20

Juniors
Good Point willow...I'd say they changed their tune after his form picked up in the back end of the season.

I haven't. He's had three years at fullback and only just showing some form. That's why the club said he could start looking elsewhere. I want him gone, so does the administration and all that's happening is Humphreys having a bit fun with Doust after he acted like a c**k back in July.

You blokes don't need him at all and would better off without him. He'd probably go better at the Gold Coast or North Queensland partnered with a dominant half.

redvwhite

Juniors
All this talk about Moltzen.
Seriously, who cares. Stay at Wests if you want to Tim.
I'm not sure where he was going to fit into our side anyway.

Are you for real...I mean really?? He would be a tried and tested replacement for Darius, plain and simple.

It's not going to happen now but you can't pretend that its a foregone conclusion we will be alright because to be honest, I think we will be caught short of a decent fullback. Not saying Tim is a superstar but he looked like a match winning type of player in the making just like Boyd.

I am really shattered about all this. I feel we have little to look forward to unless we do something radical and sign Carney.

thommo4pm

Coach
Are you for real...I mean really?? He would be a tried and tested replacement for Darius, plain and simple.

It's not going to happen now but you can't pretend that its a foregone conclusion we will be alright because to be honest, I think we will be caught short of a decent fullback. Not saying Tim is a superstar but he looked like a match winning type of player in the making just like Boyd.

I am really shattered about all this. I feel we have little to look forward to unless we do something radical and sign Carney.

You want him at fullback for us?
How closely did you watch him play?

Yes I'm serious. I don't think you watched the games close enough, just because he made a few breaks doesn't mean he was a qaulity fullback.
If the Tigers wanted him at fullback why were they letting him go?
They only want him now to play in the halves due to Lui being let go.

Moltzen is not the replacement for Darius.
Give me Kyle, Nighty or Vidot any day of the week at the back over Moltzen. A fullback has to catch the ball in the air, clean up the kicks on the ground, tackle when breaks are made, put your body on the line to stop a try. Moltzen ticks none of those boxes as far as I'm concerned as a fullback.

USDragon

Juniors

We'll still be ok...I am gutted that we are probably losing out on Molten, but not because I think we need him, more because of how the Tigers are playing us and the NRL. I wish we could fight for him and then stick him in the lower grades until every ounce of Tigers/Benji love in him is replaced by the love of the RedV.

dragons__

Juniors
We'll still be ok...I am gutted that we are probably losing out on Molten, but not because I think we need him, more because of how the Tigers are playing us and the NRL. I wish we could fight for him and then stick him in the lower grades until every ounce of Tigers/Benji love in him is replaced by the love of the RedV.

Great idea! Until his love for the dragons is even 1/2 of that of d.young's, then he may play first grade for us

Latest posts