What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

counterpuncher

Juniors
I only want players who have a desire to wear the Red V to be in the team. If you don't want it then 'F' off!

Don't think Boyd really ever had a 'desire' to play for us, but it just happened to be where the bloke at the other end of his umbilical cord was situated. still turned out reasonably OK.

This is a clusterf**k.

Moltzen started 2011 at Wests fully believing he was there until the end of 2012, lived with a teammate, was happy at the club. Got the whisper that he was on the outer and could look around a bit. Probably half-heartedly agreed to something with the Saints.

I can't begrudge him wanting to stay a Tiger if at all possible. This isn't his stuff up.

Dragons1921

Juniors
This is beyond Moltzen and his desire. Letting Moltzen go to them "because he has no desire to play in the Red V" will justify their actions and result in us punishing ourselves. Does that make any sense?

This is about us acting like a big club. Why should a rival club be able to make a mockery of our contractual negotiations to improve their squad at the expense of ours?

TheRev

First Grade
I dont see how players who have never played for StGeorge, can be expected to "bleed red & white", most clubs have a proud history, and we are just another employer.

It's only once someone has been here a year or 2, if they still arent feeling the Red V is part of them, then by all means push off (aka Boyd).

Last edited:

Stagger Lee

Bench
Just my bush lawyers view - Tigers are being arseholes over this BUT I can not see how Saints can ask compensation from the Tigers for this mess in any way.

I would however like to see Moltzen and his player manager sued over this this though - big time. I think it could be reasonably argued that we may have gone for another player and even let good players go just to sign him. And I am talking half a million dollars compensation or more to make an example of them both.

I would then think that Moltzen and his manager have a good case to counter sue the tigers for damages and any payout they have to make to the Dragons because they acted after being verbally told that he was surplus to requirements and should look for a new club for next year.

I would however still welcome Moltzen if he 'after meeting his lawyers' decided in his heart he really wanted to play for and give his all the dragons. ;-)

TheRev

First Grade
Loving the Bush Lawyering, makes sense to me, unless there are specific contract legal clauses in play that prevent exactly what you are talking about.

Also for the Dragons, there is the bad publicity side of thing.

Father Ted

First Grade
Seems to me the Tigers have the first contract which they never terminated -Which makes ours null and void. So they win the legal battle for Moltzen. However we win the Moral and publicity battles plus the legal Battle against Moltzen and his manager.

Summery ...In the end All the Tigers people look very sleazy - Doust looks naive and foolish - And we slam dunk Moltzen and his Manager for big bucks and maybe get him to sit out a year (unlikely). So guys is this how we see it going down?

Breathingfire

Juniors
There are so many uncertainties...however...there is one thing that is absolutely clear out of all of this...

...and that is that the Tigers club are a f**king disgrace.

Seems to me the Tigers have the first contract which they never terminated -Which makes ours null and void. So they win the legal battle for Moltzen. However we win the Moral and publicity battles plus the legal Battle against Moltzen and his manager.

Summery ...In the end All the Tigers people look very sleazy - Doust looks naive and foolish - And we slam dunk Moltzen and his Manager for big bucks and maybe get him to sit out a year (unlikely). So guys is this how we see it going down?

I agree, we will most likely lose any tug of war that may develop, but even if we won the battle would you really feel like we won the player? I know people can say he's a professional and should do the right thing by whoever is paying him, but these guys aren't robots. In the back of his mind if there is a desire to play with his Tiger buddies then what is the point of forcing a contract to be honoured? Can't see him being a 100%er for us....

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Let him go
But when he come to play at our home
There will be no where to hide
The boys will bury him in the ground where he stands
Hurt and well bloodied
and get a few of those other tiger bi*#hes as well

ghostface

Juniors
Western Suburbs Tiger Pies should be ashamed of themselves. They have a team of f***wits. The way their management have handled "MOLTZENGATE" is disgraceful. They are now officially my most hated team... f**k the tigers!

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
I know you guys are angry at the Tigers and probably Moltzen about this but if your management team had followed up on this correctly it would never of happened
When the Saints management didn't get copies of the release they should of followed up with it the NRL to find out whether the release had been sorted out and put into action
Yeah you should be angry at the Tigers but you should be even angrier at your own management team for letting it get to this stage in the first place

grouch

First Grade
It's unscrupulous behaviour by the Tigers. The story about the 'written release' is pure legalese hogwash. These verbal releases occur all the time, the Dragons made a similar arrangement with Jeremy Smith last year. The only time they fall down is when the releasing club act in a dodgy manner and renege - eg the Steve Turner situation. Congratulations Steve Humphreys, you're now in the Brian Waldron cesspool of CEO's

grouch

First Grade
When the Storm acted (acted - no acting needed) dodgy and unscrupulous, co-ercing Steve Turner into reneging on his Gold Coast deal, which of their loyal servants did they agree to sell off to the Tits to keep the peace? A couple of second tier players.

To that end, which second tier servants do we want the dodgy unscrupulous Tigers to sell off? Sean Meaney and..?

I know you guys are angry at the Tigers and probably Moltzen about this but if your management team had followed up on this correctly it would never of happened
When the Saints management didn't get copies of the release they should of followed up with it the NRL to find out whether the release had been sorted out and put into action
Yeah you should be angry at the Tigers but you should be even angrier at your own management team for letting it get to this stage in the first place

If your club didn't have a * halfback who they are about to dump, and are now looking for a loophole on a player they were previously happy to send on his way, none of this "would never of happened"!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Ted

First Grade

I am angry we didn't do our work properly , we were slack in the front office, The NRL have also shown themselves to be next to useless they should have stepped in and clarified Moltzens status for 2012. But your people were down in the gutter sleazy

Latest posts