What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

Minh

First Grade
The Tigers will lose so much respect if they end up keeping Moltzen now, they should fire Humphries now what a joke.

saints4ever

First Grade
Is this bullshit worth it for anyone? Tigers, dragons, tauber, moltzen are looking very shabby no matter who gets him. all because tigers won't autograph a bit of f**king paper

Minh

First Grade
Is this bullshit worth it for anyone? Tigers, dragons, tauber, moltzen are looking very shabby no matter who gets him. all because tigers won't autograph a bit of f**king paper

All this after earlier in the week seemingly agreeing to release him it came from Humphries stating that it will all be sorted in a few days, I couldn't give a sh#t if he does not come if he doesn't want to but there has to be people held accountable for allowing him to sign with us in the first place. We need to make them pay.

saintzrule

Juniors
We did the right thing years ago with Tallis, this is just a cheap, opportunistic and grubby effort from the pussies to cover for another scandal involving one of their players { and boy, they have had plenty lately} Me thinks that endearing coach of theirs , who tricked them into an extra year on his contract { otherwise he was off to Penrith and the horses hoof} has much to do with this:D:D:D

The Nick

Bench
WTF is the go with Moltzen not returning phone calls? How f*cking childish is he!? Well done Timmayyy, that's REAL professional! Imagine if we dealt with our employers like that!!

I love how some of these guys in the NRL try to demand more and more dollars, yet display ZERO professionalism off the field.

I hope his contract with us becomes registered, then Steve Price banishes him to park football.

What a f*cking wanker!

TheRev

First Grade
Moltzen is much closer with the Tigers and his roommate Benji, so clearly he has plenty of tigers talking in his ear, far more influential than a club he doesnt even know.

Whether we still want him, I dont know.. but looks pretty clear Tigers will lose, but I think they are holding out to hope that we just give up first.

counterpuncher

Juniors
Huge pressure on Moltzen now to have a decent season of form, whoever he plays for.
A dud start will immediately have tiger/dragon fans screaming at him to f**k off to Kogarah or f**k off back to Campbelltown.

If he hasn't already, he may need to develop a drinking habit.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We did the right thing years ago with Tallis, this is just a cheap, opportunistic and grubby effort from the pussies to cover for another scandal involving one of their players { and boy, they have had plenty lately} Me thinks that endearing coach of theirs , who tricked them into an extra year on his contract { otherwise he was off to Penrith and the horses hoof} has much to do with this:D:D:D
care to elaborate

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doust has a duty to do what is right for the club, the players and the supporters..
pursuing a player and forcing them to play at a club when their heart isnt in it goes against all those principals.
Moltzen was only "happy" to sign with another club when he was told by the tigers that he wasnt part of their future plans.. dont forget he didnt actively pursue a release - he was happy to stay there.

i couldnt support a player wearing the Red V knowing he was only playing because "legally" he had to..
Moltzen legally agreed to play for the Dragons. His desire to play for the Dragons isn't the issue here.

The Tigers never officially released Moltzen. The manager of Moltzen appears to have been given the nod that he'd be released, but nothing was finalised.

Moltzen and his manager did the right thing.

Tigers were sloppy with their paperwork and the Dragons didn't check to ensure Moltzen had officially been released (However I'm not even sure that is something that they need to do anyway)

Tigers clinging onto Moltzen over this pissy minor thing is the only issue here.

Apparently the Tigers have asked the NRL to step in and fix the issue. This should see Moltzen move to the Dragons

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Apparently the Tigers have asked the NRL to step in and fix the issue. This should see Moltzen move to the Dragons
Not sure if or when the Tigers asked the NRL to step in. According to Doust's statement yesterday, the Dragons have officially referred the matter to the NRL.
Doust 12 Oct 2011 said:
Clearly this is not something that we have been able to resolve with the Wests Tigers and we will now continue to press our contractual position in relation to Tim Moltzen and his Manager’s intentions for the 2012 season and beyond by formally referring the matter to the NRL.

WTF is the go with Moltzen not returning phone calls?

To be fair to Tim, I think he may have been told by his manager to stay out of this until the whole matter is resolved.

If he starts returning phonecalls, whatever he says will surely end up on Twitter and will just flame the issue even more.

He'd be paying this Tauber dude good cash to handle all this on his behalf.

redvwhite

Juniors
What a complete debacle and wast of time and energy this whole thing has been. Dumb by the Tigers, no sense of good will about them.

T-rexx

Juniors
What an insightful first post.

well i think some of you are putting blinkers on and not looking at the picture as a whole..
The smart thing to do from Doust would have been to get the paperwork in tact from the Tigers. but they havnt.. being a CEO i thought Crossing the Ts and dotting the Is would have been a priority. So as much as he thinks its the tigers looking bad, its not all hunky dory for Saints either

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if or when the Tigers asked the NRL to step in. According to Doust's statement yesterday, the Dragons have officially referred the matter to the NRL.
I only saw it mentioned on the news this morning.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was the Dragons that asked the NRL to step in, because as far as I can tell, the Dragons, nor Moltzen and his Manager have done anything wrong.

Guvner

First Grade
well i think some of you are putting blinkers on and not looking at the picture as a whole..
The smart thing to do from Doust would have been to get the paperwork in tact from the Tigers. but they havnt.. being a CEO i thought Crossing the Ts and dotting the Is would have been a priority. So as much as he thinks its the tigers looking bad, its not all hunky dory for Saints either

So he should have engaged in a practice that hasnt been necessary for any CEO in the NRL until now? Really? There is a reason players sign new deals before being released from their old one. It guarantees them a chair when the music stops. The fact that the deed of release everyone in the free world seems to have known was agreed to (Except for Humpty)hasnt been forthcoming since has nothing to do with Doust or the Dragons. How many backflips with pike does this twit have to perform before you realise he says one thing and then does another.

Mr Red

First Grade
No player that I can name gave his all for a team after his contract was fought over like dogs, and he simply had to go to the 2nd team. Let him go. If we get him after all this I don't think we will get value. Look at boyd, we got great service for 2 and a bit years. When he signed with Newcastle you wouldn't have fed him because he didn't care, Bennett was going,so his heart wasn't in it anymore.
Is like to think you would want to repay a club that signed you for three years when your first club didn't want you, but in the case of moltzen, he seems unwilling to get his hands off the black and gold mummys apron

well said ..
can you please explain the concept of "humanism" to grouch, as he seems to think all players are robots with no emotions..

Latest posts