What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

Stagger Lee

Bench
Who reckons that this mysterious shoulder injury will heal quicker than expected and he will play the first round for the West Tigers?

Probably thinks he has won .... personally I would like the NRL to fine him for bringing the game into disrepute.

Dragoness

Juniors
Personally I can't wait for our first game against them & booing at the Sh%t head!! I can not believe the denial Moltzen, Taubner & Humpty are in, do they not see how St%pid they look.. appareantly the NRL will be looking further into the way Taubner handled this.. Obviously whilst investigating the matter they found that things were not handled in a professional manner! OBVIOUSLY:roll:

j0nesy

Bench
Simple, the Tigers allowed Moltzen to "negotiate" with other clubs. Tauber and Moltzen signed a deal with the Dragons. Tigers lost Lui and asked Moltzen to stay, probably on a higher wage. Moltzen renegged on his contact.

The right outcome was reached. Now there is the minor matter of "compensation" to be dealt with. Expect this to be "settled out of court", and no formal disclosure of the terms of settlement.

There a few people who come out looking a little dodgey in Tauber, Moltzen, Humphries and Lui. However, lets not let Doust off scott free, surely he failed to close the deal when he should have.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
http://www.weststigers.com.au/defau...=wests-tigers-statement-regarding-tim-moltzen

WESTS TIGERS STATEMENT REGARDING TIM MOLTZEN

Wests Tigers

3/11/2011 5:17:09 PM

The St George-Illawarra Club has advised that they will not be pursuing the registration by the NRL of their contract with Tim Moltzen.
Wests Tigers is pleased that this matter has now been resolved and that Tim Moltzen can begin to focus solely on his footballing commitments for season 2012.
The Club has acted in good faith and in line with all NRL rules. Furthermore we have co-operated fully with the Salary Cap Auditor and complied with all requests during the investigation of this matter.
Chief Executive Stephen Humphreys said that he is pleased that the matter has now drawn to a close.
“Whilst the statement released by the Dragons today includes certain inaccuracies, we do not see any merit in publicly debating these items.
“We understand that the Dragons are feeling disappointed and disadvantaged :( but it only serves to reinforce the value of following the generally accepted protocols and procedures that apply in such situations.”

:D

Now, now insane. Clutching at straws.

You know your club were a disgraceful from the get go, and backflipped. You can confide in me.

Haha! You even edited the WT statement, but you make them look more petulant. Classic reverse ownership.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Simple, the Tigers allowed Moltzen to "negotiate" with other clubs. Tauber and Moltzen signed a deal with the Dragons. Tigers lost Lui and asked Moltzen to stay, probably on a higher wage. Moltzen renegged on his contact.

The right outcome was reached. Now there is the minor matter of "compensation" to be dealt with. Expect this to be "settled out of court", and no formal disclosure of the terms of settlement.

There a few people who come out looking a little dodgey in Tauber, Moltzen, Humphries and Lui. However, lets not let Doust off scott free, surely he failed to close the deal when he should have.
I agree on all points except the last statement. Doust was operating within the accepted status quo. Plus if Saints backflipped and refused to honour the contract, Moltzen would have a case for compensation.

Otherwise an excellent post. There would have never been an issue if Wests Tigers, Moltzen and Tauber had stuck to their original words. They all reneged, pure and simple.

Mr Red

First Grade
although the correct outcome was finally reached... 2 things spring to mind..
1. the fact it too SOOOOOO long to come to a conclusion that most of us could come to after 5 minutes of reviewing the information at hand (regarding still having a valid contract with the tigers) - morales and ethics put aside... legally he was still a tiger..

2. the need for a "player physical" to be conducted prior to finalising the contract.. similar to what all european soccer clubs conduct.. i would hate the think the dragons would be stupid enough to sign a player who would be out injured for 6 months before even playing a game.. (if the shoulder injury is in fact true)

j0nesy

Bench
Doust was honest in his dealings, no doubt. Ultimately though, I see it as his responsibility to ensure a complete playing roster for 2012. He failed to meet that responsibility and, as CEO, the board should hold him to account. Not a sackable offense, but a failure nonetheless. One that I think he can be forgiven in light of the last few seasons.

Minh

First Grade
Tim can come out of the fetal position now until we take them to court, Tigers disgraceful, it's not like he is a Dugan or a Slater anyway f#ck him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Doust was honest in his dealings, no doubt. Ultimately though, I see it as his responsibility to ensure a complete playing roster for 2012. He failed to meet that responsibility and, as CEO, the board should hold him to account. Not a sackable offense, but a failure nonetheless. One that I think he can be forgiven in light of the last few seasons.
Sure, but how do you deal with dickheads?

You act in good faith, then they rip you off.

Do you then treat the next person like a dickhead, or do you continue to operate in good faith?

Quite frankly, in business, I find that people who do not honour agreements are in the minority.

Last edited:

rasaint

Juniors
There are obviously many comments and feelings about this matter. Perhaps Tim may think a little more about this and realise that he was highly valued by a young coach at the dragons who believed him and a club willing to pay top dollar. He 'goes back' to a club who at best are ambivalent about him and a coach who was probably not to fussed. In fairness to Peter Doust he seems to have followed the normal protocol for this type of situation and apparently the player and his club have reneged on a agreement. Pretty sad.

j0nesy

Bench
Sure, but how do you deal with dickheads?

You act in good faith, then they rip you off.

Do you then treat the next person like a dickhead, or do you continue to operate in good faith?

Quite frankly, in business, I find that people who do not honour agreements are in the minority.

Good point. Although, I felt that someting was not right when Humphries first spoke out against the Dragons announcing the signing of Moltzen earlier in the season. Aside from it being obvious that Humphries was hedging his bets, at the time I think Doust could have done more. I guess we're all experts with the benefit of hindsight, I just expect better from a CEO.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Humphreys is just a dolt. At least that's how he was considered at the time.

A quick review:

1. Wests Tigers invite the Moltz to look elsewhere.
2. The Moltz signs with Saints.
3. Saints announce the Moltz signing.
4. WT CEO Humphreys chucks a fit by official media release saying the announcement was arrogant. He claims: "first I've heard of it!"
5. WT Coach Sheens tells the world that the whole team had known of the Moltz's departure for ages.
6. Therefore Humphreys' official media release attracts allegations that he lied.
7. Lui incident. WT might be without a half back.
8. WT suddenly announce that they never released the Moltz.
9. The Moltz announces that he bawled his eyes out.
10. Ensuing shitfight.

If it was my business, I wouldn't buy anything from Tauber or Humphreys ever again. I would consider them both as untrustworthy and unprofessional.

DirtyHarry

Juniors
Now that this debacle is finally resolved & Timmy boy remains a pussy, our contest with them next season will be a feisty business. I am looking forward to watching the maggot have his face spread across the Kogarah turf.

Dragonsforever

Juniors
Such a shame all this happened as I would have liked to have seen how Moltzen would go in a structured team like the Dragons. Oh well.......

saints4ever

First Grade
Humpty coming out and basically calling doust a liar with his "glaring inaccuracies" line shouldve fired him up

Dragons01

First Grade
Humphreys throws that line out alot but never actually clarifies what he means or what the 'inaccuracies' are. In this case if you read some of the articles the Tigers are backtracking about Moltzen needing an operation on his shoulder(what a surprise), so I assume that is the type of thing he is talking about.

Latest posts