What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

The Moltzen rumour sounds like something a few disgruntled Tigers supporters have started once their fairytale season turned sour on them.....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure a Tigers fan started it.

Its supposedly to do with some Tigers players wanting Lui sacked and asking Sheens to bring Moltzen back to play as halfback next year for the Tigers.

I'll tell you know, the majority of Tigers fans aren't really fussed where he plays and some actually even think he should be made to play for the Dragons because that was a decision he made, not one he was forced into making (ala Gibbs)

Minh

First Grade
If Moltzen wants to renege and stay it'll only be because of the money as his stocks have risen over the last two or three months when he played good footy, he never had a problem with leaving in the first place.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he is a good player and at the end of the season, his fitness and confidence started to hit its peak and he showed he was quite capable as a fullback.

He actually contested bombs and was much better positionally and his running inside Marshall was brilliant. Soward will link nicely with him in that regard.

He will be missed by the Tigers, but I do believe that a player must honour their contract once they've signed it. The club should also do the same (unless of course for disciplinary reasons)

big pat

Coach
could someone clarify this for me, did sheens tell moltzen he was free to look elsewhere.

redvwhite

Juniors
Another Tallis incident? Is he going to sit out the 2012 grand final?

One's thing for sure, unless they trade us Benji, Moltzen won't be running around for the Tigers next season. Not even sure if I believe this stuff anyway.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
good how ? you know hes awful under the high ball right ?
terrible support play as well and gets driven back in every tackle but i guess that makes him good ?
I made of note of watching him in recent games and he seemed to be coming good. An improvement that even other Tigers supporters acknowledged. Perhaps you haven't been watching too many Tigers games recently.

Fingerbang

Bench
Terrible support play? Have you seen how many times a Tiger player has made a line break and found Moltzen in support? You definitely need to watch more Tigers games, Joel Caine no 1 Fan.

Divine

Bench
Any reasonable cooling off period has long expired. Circumstances changed AFTER he signed. Live with it. It's not call "honouring" a contract for nothing.

RedVDave

First Grade
All speculation at this point people don't need to hit the panic button, probably one of those my cousins, brothers, best mates, fathers, friend who knows a bloke and that bloke knows another bloke who knows someone from the Tigers told me so type rumours. I had a cabby recently tell me that Soward was getting released from his contract within the next month don't believe anything until club official officially announces it otherwise it's all here say.

Minh

First Grade
terrible support play as well and gets driven back in every tackle but i guess that makes him good ?

The only real bad thing from a Tigers point of view, so I dont care is that he did not put a hand on Inu to stop that last minute try against you guys. He's been pretty safe under the high ball recently from what I saw.

Bring back choc

Juniors

Mate you have NFI. Molten was one of the only reasons the tigers got as far as they did. You yet again choked because of the unbelievable arrogance that came out the club. Deep down sheens knows he's made a massive blunder releasing him.

Good luck next year, you wont be the team you were (or thought you were this year).

saints4ever

First Grade
Ease up BBC. Can't expect moltzen to stand along the likes of Joel Caine after all. What a pedestal to live up to :-D

Fingerbang

Bench
:lol: ....madunit having a cry coz I said if true, I hope getting him back costs you 1 Chris Lawrence. But.....that deal isn't fair, waaaaaa!

If rumour turns out to be true, I hope Dragons certainly say no unless they get the better deal.

gypsy

Bench
This Moltzen is a mad support player just what we need.

We've put the cart before the horse here, as we don't really have a lot of strike out wide to make breaks. Should've gone after a quality centre instead.