What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol: ....madunit having a cry coz I said if true, I hope getting him back costs you 1 Chris Lawrence. But.....that deal isn't fair, waaaaaa!

If rumour turns out to be true, I hope Dragons certainly say no unless they get the better deal.
Cry? lol, talk yourself up tool. I just clearly and bluntly called you an idiot for making the dopey suggestion.

Saying we should lose a far better player because one sook doesn't want to leave the club is not fair on the other player. You wouldn't agree to that if it was the other way around.

In fact, the whole notion is beyond stupid. Its utterly moronic.

I'm not surprised someone as f**ked in the head as you actually typed it up, thinking to yourself 'that makes sense and thats a good idea'

muppet.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Rumours that Moltzen will reneg on the Saints contract & stay at the Tigers? (Source: RLW on Facebook)

ebbedfred

Bench
Very disappointing if true. Sounds like the Tigers know they made a mistake especially now that Lui is out the door and they trying to convince him to stay with his "mates".

Very bad news for the Dragons, picked him up at a good price, and now with very little time to secure another replacement.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/moltzen-seeking-to-stay-an-nrl-tiger-20111005-1l86r.html

Wests Tigers utility Tim Moltzen could remain at the NRL club next season after seeking a release from his deal to join St George Illawarra.
Tigers officials will meet with Moltzen's manager Martin Tauber on Wednesday afternoon to discuss the possibility of him staying.
Tauber admitted he was in the dark about the full extent of the situation having just returned from overseas.

"I only got back from New York yesterday afternoon and to be honest, I have no idea what it is all about," Tauber told AAP.
"I've got a meeting with the Tigers today and that's when I will know exactly what is going on.
"He has definitely signed with the Dragons, but now there is talk of a release so I am now off to find out more."
Moltzen agreed to a three-year contract with the Dragons in July in a move that started a war of words between the joint ventures.
The decision to offload him upset many of the Tigers' playing group, with star five-eighth and Moltzen's housemate Benji Marshall, particularly outraged.
At the time, Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys accused the Dragons of being arrogant and disrespectful, claiming they announced the signing without his club's knowledge.
Dragons' chief executive Peter Doust hit back, saying they were bemused at the comments and that they had acted in good faith.
The Tigers had seen Robert Lui as their long-term halfback.
However, the 20-year looks set to be shown the door following an alleged assault on his partner after the club's mad Monday celebrations.
His departure would see the club without a recognised, experienced halfback on their books.
Officials from the Dragons and the Tigers were unavailable for comment.

Mr Red

First Grade
let him leave if he doesnt want to be there...

i would make a play for Robert Lui instead - we need a halfback ;)

getsmarty

Immortal
If he wants out..seek compensation from the tigers... A contract is a contract. In saying that..don't want him @ the Dragons if he doesn't want to be here.

Time for a bit of perspective.

Is he a rep player in the class of Boyd? - Nope
Is he someone we want at our club if he wants to renege after signing a contract? - Nope
Do we have other options at fullback/halfback? - Yep

Let him walk if he wants, life goes on.....

Cagey Mac

Bench
Problem is who's gonna be slipping him the passes?

00059153_Image.jpg

Rocket

Juniors
The sooner the IC gets in and sorts out the shambles that is player and official contracts in the NRL the better. I know a draft is not realistic in a market where we also compete with Union and overseas League, but surely the regular mid season turmoil and crap like this needs to be reigned in.

Mr Red

First Grade
The sooner the IC gets in and sorts out the shambles that is player and official contracts in the NRL the better. I know a draft is not realistic in a market where we also compete with Union and overseas League, but surely the regular mid season turmoil and crap like this needs to be reigned in.

perhaps a mid season transfer window and an end of season transfer window - like the english premier league?
at least that way there is some control, and that way if a player is unhappy he doesnt have to wait a whole season to leave the club?
if a team gets an injury to a key position they have the ability to recruit someone in?

Bring back choc

Juniors
If he has signed then the dragons don't have to do anything. Hes ours. Hell get over it.
It's not like he'll play bad because he's unhappy. Honestly. Dragons should tell tigers to go and get FARKED

Breathingfire

Juniors
You guys are kidding???? He was the form fullback of the competition towards the back end of the year. He outplayed Boyd in both match ups. He will be a huge loss if he ends up at the Tigers. I can understand why people are filthy but it doesn't make him less of a player on the field.

Latest posts