What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

Radical Rat

Juniors
It's a shame, Le Gaz was just starting to look good I thought.

You can't put Gasnier in the same basket as that nobody Moltzen.
Gaz let the club know of his decision, and that was that. Plus one was a great player, and the other never will be.

Yes he let the club know he couldn't fulfill the rest of his contract after they had to cull other players in the first place.

You may or may not have good cover, that's irrelevant.

C'mon let's be real, Gaz f*cked you over. Not once, but twice. And it's a total backflip. He signed for a certain number of years and then changed his mind. That's called a backflip.

saints4ever

First Grade
At least he had the courage and class to be a man and say it face to face. He couldn't give 100%. Moltzen couldnt pick up a phone. Big difference

gypsy

Bench
Yes he let the club know he couldn't fulfill the rest of his contract after they had to cull other players in the first place.

You may or may not have good cover, that's irrelevant.

C'mon let's be real, Gaz f*cked you over. Not once, but twice. And it's a total backflip. He signed for a certain number of years and then changed his mind. That's called a backflip.

First thing wrong with your post, is Gasnier was completely screwed over to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, before he left for France. He had every right to leave, as a contract is a two way street, and guaranteed payments he signed for didn't materialise. I dare say most blokes wouldn't show up to work if a breach of this magnitude occurred. The contract was already broken.

It was Gasnier's right to leave, and anyone would in those circumstances.

As for his retirement, he advised the Dragons face to face, was open and honest, and will be remembered like that, a class act on and off the field. Molt3n, won't be remembered for anything but this.
wake up to yourself, you're clueless, choosing to argue and defend a scumbag like Moltzen, and leaving out the facts, to suit your piss weak argument.

Last edited:

gypsy

Bench
People have been trying to explain this to the average Tigers fan for a long time :crazy:

Gasnier also guaranteed Doust before he left, that if he returned to the NRL, he would only play for the Dragons. That's loyalty right there. He didn't have to say that, he could have just left.

That says a lot about Gaz, at each stage of his career he has been class. It pisses me off when clueless people bag him.

Saintsified

Bench
im amazed to be honest, Tigers got what they wanted, Tim Loltzen got what he wanted, Robert Lui gets another chance at Cowboys, Cowboys got what they wanted, NRL feels sorry for us as we acted in good faith and in the end Doust wont do jack shit about it and yes the good guys in all of this being us get shafted....NRL is a disgrace.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I can't believe how stupid some of you blokes are.
Suffice to say you have just fast tracked yourself into losing the argument.

I suppose if someone disagrees with you again you could always come down from your high horse and call them a genius, or question their sexuality or partner preferences.

Here's a question for you Rat: The tables are reversed. What would be your response if Moltz3n was released from Urinal central, and he showed up at Saints only to be told to rack off? Suddenly the moltz is without a club, but he acted in good faith throughout. Does he have good reason to feel ripped off, or should he have just been more careful?

Would he bawl his eyes out?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
im amazed to be honest, Tigers got what they wanted, Tim Loltzen got what he wanted, Robert Lui gets another chance at Cowboys, Cowboys got what they wanted, NRL feels sorry for us as we acted in good faith and in the end Doust wont do jack shit about it and yes the good guys in all of this being us get shafted....NRL is a disgrace.

It just goes to show how amateur the sport is. If someone signs 2 contracts they can basically pick which one they want to honour.

Not to mention all these get out clauses, and policing of the salary cap.

And don't get me started on Sydney teams lack of home ground advantage during the semis

Hang your head in shame Gallop you useless merkin!

Radical Rat

Juniors
Suffice to say you have just fast tracked yourself into losing the argument.

I suppose if someone disagrees with you again you could always come down from your high horse and call them a genius, or question their sexuality or partner preferences.

Here's a question for you Rat: The tables are reversed. What would be your response if Moltz3n was released from Urinal central, and he showed up at Saints only to be told to rack off? Suddenly the moltz is without a club, but he acted in good faith throughout. Does he have good reason to feel ripped off, or should he have just been more careful?

Would he bawl his eyes out?

Mate if you read my posts on this issue instead of just taking one line you'll understand what I was saying.

I wasn't getting involved in the morals of Molten's decision. I totally agree he's done the wrong thing. It's not a good look when someone does this (although I don't remember the same scrutiny when Steve Turner did it).

The post that I replied to was in regard to the legal ramifications. My point was that Doust should have crossed his T's and dotted his I's. If he had of insisted that the Tigers released Moltzen for 2012, then none of this shit would have happened.

Once again, I think it's very shady of Moltzen and the Tigers. I was only commenting on the legal contractual stuff and that it didn't look like the Dragons had a leg to stand on.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Loving sowards comments in smh... Moltzen would struggle to make the team!! That's brilliant. Nice work sowie... I reckon need more of this. Nice to see soward taking a leadership role already.

Moltzen prepare to be torn a new one in round 3..... Champ.

Radical Rat

Juniors
First thing wrong with your post, is Gasnier was completely screwed over to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, before he left for France. He had every right to leave, as a contract is a two way street, and guaranteed payments he signed for didn't materialise. I dare say most blokes wouldn't show up to work if a breach of this magnitude occurred. The contract was already broken.

It was Gasnier's right to leave, and anyone would in those circumstances.

As for his retirement, he advised the Dragons face to face, was open and honest, and will be remembered like that, a class act on and off the field. Molt3n, won't be remembered for anything but this.
wake up to yourself, you're clueless, choosing to argue and defend a scumbag like Moltzen, and leaving out the facts, to suit your piss weak argument.

Hahahaha...A class act off the field indeed. Fire up you sad ..... You're a toey human aren't ya.

Not an argument mate. Just telling you the truth about your sauce spurting boyfriend that you obviously don't want to hear. But you can put whatever spin on it you want if it makes it easier to swallow (no pun intended).

Last edited:

j0nesy

Bench
FTR I think Gasnier has done the right thing for club in everything he has done over the past two seasons, and has been very unselfish in his actions. Whereas Timbo has been extraordinarily selfish, dishonest and dumb. Comparing the integrity of the two is an insult to Gasnier.

gypsy

Bench
Hahahaha...A class act off the field indeed. Fire up you sad ..... You're a toey human aren't ya.

Not an argument mate. Just telling you the truth about your sauce spurting boyfriend that you obviously don't want to hear. But you can put whatever spin on it you want if it makes it easier to swallow (no pun intended).

He made a phone call yes, it was a mistake, but a mistake that he learned from.
Also, a phone call isn't quite in the same league as wife beating, urinating on someone or some of the other things that have gone on. Even the great Benji had a slip up recently.

He's gone on to be a great ambassador for the game, he's also started the Gasnier foundation , to help provide diagnostic treatment for Cancer patients.
http://gasnierfoundation.com.au
He's made mistakes, but learned from them. That's the difference.

Lets just see where Moltz3n is in a few years time, my bet is that he'll be bawling his eyes out again this time next year, without a contract.
There's a massive gap between Moltzen and Gasnier, on and off the field. Moltzen's a nobody, always will be.

So how's that for ya, Champ?

Last edited:

Radical Rat

Juniors
He made a phone call yes, it was a mistake, but a mistake that he learned from.
Also, a phone call isn't quite in the same league as wife beating, urinating on someone or some of the other things that have gone on. Even the great Benji had a slip up recently.

He's gone on to be a great ambassador for the game, he's also started the Gasnier foundation , to help provide diagnostic treatment for Cancer patients.
http://gasnierfoundation.com.au
He's made mistakes, but learned from them. That's the difference.

Lets just see where Moltz3n is in a few years time, my bet is that he'll be bawling his eyes out again this time next year, without a contract.
There's a massive gap between Moltzen and Gasnier, on and off the field. Moltzen's a nobody, always will be.

So how's that for ya, Champ?

Pretty shit actually.

Sigh...Once again, I'm not defending what Moltzen has done. I would certainly never compare him to Gasnier in what they've achieved on the field.

However off the field they have both had controversial contract issues, but as far as I know Moltzen has never abused and sexually harrassed a woman. So Gaz is one up on him there.

And good on Gaz for his foundation. But don't try bringing up Benji's recent issue, it was a non event. And Benji raises more money for charity and does more for the community than anybody.

By the way I don't even have anything against Gaz, I was just pointing out that it's a bit ironic that Dragons fans want to hang Moltzen after what Gaz did to the Dragons. But I understand you may see it differently (through rose coloured and possibly sauce stained glasses)than me and most of the league community (Jeremy Smith and Neville Costigan included) see it.

And anyway if you think about it. Are Moltzen's and Gaz's situations that different after all? They were both supposed to play for the Dragons next year and they both did a backflip. Might say something about the confidence they have post-Bennett.

Mr Red

First Grade
FTR I think Gasnier has done the right thing for club in everything he has done over the past two seasons, and has been very unselfish in his actions. Whereas Timbo has been extraordinarily selfish, dishonest and dumb. Comparing the integrity of the two is an insult to Gasnier.

here here !!!

good post.