What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

DirtyHarry

Juniors
It has become clearly apparent that young Timbo does not have a great deal of intellectual apparatus to work with. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would have grabbed the Dragons deal with both hands.

Minh

First Grade
It has become clearly apparent that young Timbo does not have a great deal of intellectual apparatus to work with. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would have grabbed the Dragons deal with both hands.

Whoever advises him has done a bad job.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You're missing the point guys, it's just business and that's the way it is.

We got played by an astute business brain.

j0nesy

Bench
It's not good business to gamble that hard.

Even if he plays well, it is still a high risk to turn your back on a high yield 3 year deal. Does anyone think he'll ever be worth more than $280K per year?

As said, he'd have to have a massive lift in form to justify the level of poor business practice. At best he's an alright player. Good, but not great.

Yet we gambled on Tim at a reported price of 280k per year, and we lost, perhaps luckily. The way I see it, Tim, Tauber and Humphries are liars and Doust was at best caught off guard. He gambled a lot on an average player and lost, and has left us lacking depth for 2012. If you're going to gamble in business you should have a plan B, Doust didn't.

gypsy

Bench
If you're going to gamble in business you should have a plan B, Doust didn't.

I don't see how Doust gambled as you put it, he signed a player who was given permission to leave.
If Moltzen had of told the Dragons mid year that he wasn't coming, or even before seasons end, it would have bought the Dragons some time to get a Plan B together. You can't expect a player of note to be unsigned in October for the following year, it just doesn't happen like that. By the time Doust found out, it was too late to really do anything.

Also, as Doust has signed countless people before, he probably didn't put thought into a plan B, as Moltz3n signed a contact, and everyone else he's signed have just shown up. Crazy huh :crazy:

gypsy

Bench
LOL@Moltz3n

Soward doubts Moltzen

St George Illawarra five-eighth Jamie Soward believes Tim Moltzen would have struggled to make the Dragons' starting side next year, playing down the impact of the fullback's decision to turn his back on the club.
Soward endorsed Dragons incumbent Kyle Stanley as the obvious choice to take the fullback position after Moltzen's change of heart.
''If there's a fullback out there, I'm sure Pricey [coach Steve Price] is looking but, at the moment, I think Kyle Stanley will do a pretty good job,'' Soward said.
Advertisement: Story continues below
''Personally, I think it would have been a tough battle for Tim. The couple of games that Kyle did fill in at fullback, he put his hand up for the job. It wasn't going to be as straightforward as throwing Tim in as fullback.''
Soward said he was ''disappointed'' by Moltzen's decision to play on with Wests Tigers next year after signing a three-year deal with the Dragons.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...bts-moltzen-20111108-1n5jk.html#ixzz1d8IDWhDC

Last edited:

nontime111

Juniors
KYLE STANLEY

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Moltzen!

He deserves the chance so much more Saints junior and way more talented!:lol:

DirtyHarry

Juniors
Yet we gambled on Tim at a reported price of 280k per year, and we lost, perhaps luckily. The way I see it, Tim, Tauber and Humphries are liars and Doust was at best caught off guard. He gambled a lot on an average player and lost, and has left us lacking depth for 2012. If you're going to gamble in business you should have a plan B, Doust didn't.

The Pussies effectively tell Timmy to bugger off, services no longer required.

With the Persian departing for the greener pastures of Drugcastle we need a fullback & sign reject Timmy to a very healthy three year deal. Not bad considering he doesn’t exactly bring much to the table.

Why would Doust be thinking plan b, & what exactly is it? Unless the lad is completely brain dead what are the chances of him reneging on a deal to earn more money for a longer period at a successful club.

Players being released from existing contracts & signing for other teams is not unusual. What is unusual is turn-around Timmy’s behaviour, who could have predicted that he would choose to remain at a club that does not want him with no guarantees beyond the next season.

Since contracts aint worth toilet paper, me thinks we should go fishing across the ditch & try to lure Kevin Locke into red & white

Minh

First Grade
Moltzen not coming could be a blessing in disguise, so long as Kyle Stanley can stay fit, we only needed Moltzen for depth but we have Goodwin and Vidot who can do that. I here a lot of good things about Cummins it's about time we bring through another batch of exciting backs.

gypsy

Bench
With all the Cummins and goings, we seem to be in the Hunt for every player on the Market(o), regardless of Price tag.

We have to be careful not to Chase our tails. We have a Young squad, but once our new coach takes the Reins, i expect it to calm down a bit.

My only wish is that Moltzen doesn't Fein injury when we play the Tigers and get off Scott free, it'll mean a lot to the boys to get a Good Win in that game.

So now signing a player in good faith is a gamble.

I'm happy for Doust not to have a "plan B", if it meant resorting to gutter tactics displayed by the other mob.

Having a "plan B" would be an admission that "plan A" was dodgy or tentative. There was no reason for Doust to suspect the Tigers would do what they did.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
With respect Jonesy, it is Timmy, Tauber and the Urinals who are gambling. Timmy is the biggest mug gambler of all, turning his back on a lucrative 3 year deal with the backing of his club and manager. Just dumb and dumber, imo a kid surrounded by people giving him bad advice.

Godz Illa

Coach
With respect Jonesy, it is Timmy, Tauber and the Urinals who are gambling. Timmy is the biggest mug gambler of all, turning his back on a lucrative 3 year deal with the backing of his club and manager. Just dumb and dumber, imo a kid surrounded by people giving him bad advice.
Timmy has a Plan B: lots and lots of crying.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The tip is he'll be bawling his eyes out again before September next year.

Godz Illa

Coach
He'll cheer up for September though - it's party month in Tiger town. Kick the crap out of war memorials, piss on your wife, and vice versa.

gypsy

Bench
Lui is more to blame than Doust for this whole saga.

I'd go back one step more, and blame his missus, for not cooking the man some eggs! *

*This post isn't intended to offend anyone. The characters referenced in this post are fictional, any similarities to other people, living or dead, are purely co-incidental. No women were harmed in the making of this post.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
So now signing a player in good faith is a gamble.

I'm happy for Doust not to have a "plan B", if it meant resorting to gutter tactics displayed by the other mob.

Having a "plan B" would be an admission that "plan A" was dodgy or tentative. There was no reason for Doust to suspect the Tigers would do what they did.

Totally agree.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Nah, we dropped off because it became pointless trying to force a player that refused to play here to honor the contract. And that is exactly where it was going.

This goes to court and Tauber gets backed into a corner, Humpty and the Tigers have issues.

There is no contract. You can't have 2 registered contracts for 1 player. So what you have is a useless piece of paper with Moltzen's autograph.

Yes the Tigers did a backflip but that's business. The Dragons don't have a legal legal leg to stand on.