What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

redvscotty

First Grade
The mighty Tigpies are the new laughing stock of the league.

I bet Adam Blair would be kicking himself for joining that shambles of a club if he wasnt going to be on 500k a year.

Ladmate

Bench

I bet Adam Blair would be kicking himself for joining that shambles of a club if he wasnt going to be on 500k a year.

Yeah Blair is kicking himself for joining a club with back to back top 4 appearences and his NZ teammate Benji Marshall, to make one of the best backrows of Ellis, Blair, Heighington :sarcasm:

andrew9148

Juniors

Your muppets with be lucky to make the top 8 with that new coach .

The Rosco

Bench
f**k off dickhead....now you want to renege on your original comments??? Must be a Tigers culture thing.

Can you show me where I reneged on my original comments ?

Dickhead ?

What an arrogant prik you must be.
No effin idea, and have a look at the first 3 words you lead out with.

It's merkins like you that make me laugh. You clueless nob.

Last edited:

Breathingfire

Juniors
Can you show me where I reneged on my original comments ?

Dickhead ?

What an arrogant prik you must be.
No effin idea, and have a look at the first 3 words you lead out with.

It's merkins like you that make me laugh. You clueless nob.

lighten up mate. All harmless keyboard fun...hook line and sinker!!! HAHAHA whos the knob now??? HAHAHA

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
If Saints really are paying Moltzen 200K, then I hope he stays at Tigers lol.

Seems unwilling to put his body on the line. I was gobsmacked they were talking about him playing Origin a couple years back. :lol:

Egg on my face if Moltzen is the goods, but I really don't see it. Good utility value, but that's it IMO.

I'm with you on this , If Moltzen is the messiah I don't know what the religion is? The idea of a wonderful sunny winter day sitting with family and friends at Kogarah cheering for some Putz who isn't 100% in love with the big Red Vee. No way Tata loser.:thumbd:

Last edited:

Efresh

Coach
But now that a few saints fans THINK that the Tigers club is involved . . well, that changes everything.

So you think Moltzen is asking for a release without having already had serious discussions with potential future employers, of which the Tigers would be the only one? That seems like a pretty dumb thing to do when most clubs have settled their rosters for next year.

Let me explain why the Tigers would have to pay the Dragons and it is nothing to do with the law. The Dragons would be entitled to pay Moltzen and force him to play NSW Cup for the term of his deal. The Tigers need a halfback. The Tigers need to offer something in exchange to entice the Dragons to agree to a release. If they stay out of it, then Moltzen won't get his release.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I'm with you on this , If Moltzen is the messiah I don't know what the religion is. The idea of a wonderful sunny winter day sitting with family and friends at Kogarah cheering for some Putz who isn't 100% in love with the big Red Vee. No way Tata loser.:thumbd:

Don't you want to win the comp next year? He is a better alternative at Fullback then what we have without him...

R2Coupe

Juniors
Explain why you "Hope this has legs" then???? Thats what you said in the Tigers forum???

What really pisses me off about all this is that the Tigers didn't want Moltzen. We had all these dickhead Tigers supporters laughing at us for signing him. They'd make a special trip over to the Dragons forum to tell us all that they didn't care, we could have him, he is shit, he can't do this, he can't do that etc. etc. Then after he hits form in the run into the finals all of the sudden he is a fan favourite. Your club and the majority of its supporters make me sick!

I've been a big Moltzen fan (am still am). Many Tiger supporters failed to realise the recovery from a knee reconstruction can take up to 12 months. No coincidence we saw his form improve towards the end of the year.

This reneging on contracts does not sit comfortably with me and I was happy Moltzen has chosen the Dragons. Unfortunately this is a business as Tigers supporters learnt with the Jordan Kahu saga with the Broncos.

Father Ted

First Grade
Don't you want to win the comp next year? He is a better alternative at Fullback then what we have without him...

Only if his heart is in it. Where ever we finish I want to be proud of the boys and of their commitment to our club and it seems Moltzen clearly doesn't fit the bill.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Source: Dragon's Website

St George Illawarra Dragons CEO Peter Doust On Wednesday issued the following regarding the signing of Tim Moltzen:
"Tim Moltzen and his Manager have signed a three-year deal with the Dragons," said Doust.
"We have not had any conversations or received any other information from either Tim or his Manager that would suggest he would not be at the Dragons in 2012."

Breathingfire

Juniors
Source: Dragon's Website

St George Illawarra Dragons CEO Peter Doust On Wednesday issued the following regarding the signing of Tim Moltzen:
"Tim Moltzen and his Manager have signed a three-year deal with the Dragons," said Doust.
"We have not had any conversations or received any other information from either Tim or his Manager that would suggest he would not be at the Dragons in 2012."

Of course Peter. For now...

Ulysseus

Bench
Look if he wants out then it is simple, any club that he wishes to go to needs to broker his release and compensate Saints with:

3 years of what we would have been paying him, so approx 600K
A replacement player of similar age and build
500K for the f**karound

kthxbye

Breathingfire

Juniors
Only if his heart is in it. Where ever we finish I want to be proud of the boys and of their commitment to our club and it seems Moltzen clearly doesn't fit the bill.

With all due respect (I think you've earned your right to a strong voice in this forum) it is 2011 not 1979 and I doubt many players have their heart and commitment to their club in mind these days. The professional game is what it is. I don't like it but its mostly about money nowadays and if you are professional enough to earn over 100k a season then you're professional enough to honour a contract and do your best for the money you are being paid. In saying that, I love your passion for high moral values within our club.

Last edited:

Rexxy

Coach

_Johnsy

Referee
With all due respect (I think you've earned your right to a strong voice in this forum) it is 2011 not 1979 and I doubt many players have their heart and commitment to their club in mind these days. The professional game is what it is. I don't like it but its mostly about money nowadays and if you are professional enough to earn over 100k a season then you're professional enough to honour a contract and do your best for the money you are being paid. In saying that, I love your passion for high moral values within our club.

Hornby, Cooper, Creagh, Hunt, Nightingale, Young all knocked back offers to stay with us & you cannot doubt their committment.

That's what makes us different to other clubs IMO.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Honestly this is a joke. We have planned our roster and team and moltzen is a key part of that.
There is no way the dragons should surrender on this. People who say "well if he doesn't want to be at the dragons we should let him go"... That is BS. The bloke should be forced to honour is contract. As I said before he will still put in 110% because footy is his career. If he plays poorly his career won't progress anywhere. We really need him next year IMO. Success is built on depth and the ability to cover a number of positions. We have that fairly well covered at the moment. But the loss of just 1 player like moltzen will affect the whole picture fairly majorly.
Doust should not roll over on this.

Rocket

Juniors
So his manager has signed a contract with the Dragons for 2012 while Moltzen was still contracted to the Tigers for 2012? And presumably any agreement for an early release from the Tigers wasn't in writing and/or done at the same time?

Why are the Tigers only saying he isn't released now when they knew he was intending to leave months ago? Is it common for managers to assume a release will be issued automatically or done with a handshake? What were the Dragons told about his contractual status?

If we were selling cars/loans/etc and not footy players Consumer Affairs or the ACCC would be all over this. As I said earlier, bring on the IC and clean this type of bullshit up. It does nothing for the game and impacts players and fans from both clubs.

Father Ted

First Grade

Thank you I do respect you and your opinion as well. I'm sure we can disagree as friends.

Father Ted

First Grade
So his manager has signed a contract with the Dragons for 2012 while Moltzen was still contracted to the Tigers for 2012? And presumably any agreement for an early release from the Tigers wasn't in writing and/or done at the same time?
.[/QUOTE}

Another twist is this

Tigers statement, re: Tim Moltzen: "Whilst it was announced earlier this year by St George-Illawarra Dragons that Tim had signed a new contract with them to commence in 2012, Wests Tigers has not granted him a release from his existing contract with the Club that expires at the end of next season.

The matter is ongoing and the Club will work with Tim’s Manager and the Dragons to resolve the situation as quickly as possible."

Stranger and Stranger???

Source
Rugby League Week

Last edited: