What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

TheRev

First Grade
- It's a balls-up whatever happens, especially if it has to be dragged through the courts, and even if we win, he will be coming on sour terms.

- It almost reeks of a little revenge by Tigers officials, after they feel they were wronged by the earlier announcement.. which would be petty.

- However it was pretty clear the Tigers officials wanted nothing to do with Moltzen (on record), until their first choice Lui acted up. Surely the Tigers cant go around having their cake and eating it too.

Father Ted

First Grade
I'm yet to be convinced that Lui will be punted. People are acting like Lui leaving is a forgone conclusion, but there's been no statement made by the club on whether he'll be playing for them next year. They have also supported him in the past when he was charged the first time. In addition to that, they've invested a significant amount of time in Lui's development and the decision for him to wear the #7.

I've got no doubt that Moltzen wants to stay at the Tigers and play in the halves with Benji, but what Tim wants and what the current situation is are two totally different things.

I think neither clubs supporters trust news ltd media . However the rumour all day has Lui going to Nth Qld .
I think this could be a case of the Tigers waiting to see if they are keeping Moltzen before they burn the bridge with Lui. Which indicates they are not sure how this will turn out.

TheRev

First Grade
there's been no statement made by the club on whether he'll be playing for them next year.
Call me jaded, but surely they wont make a decision on Lui, until they find out whether Moltzen is available as a replacement?

Im also confused whether the tigers have room under the cap for both players?

blacklock

Juniors
Call me jaded, but surely they wont make a decision on Lui, until they find out whether Moltzen is available as a replacement?

Im also confused whether the tigers have room under the cap for both players?
reading that lui was being dropped over an assault.. i thought it was some sort of mistake in the article. thinking theyre referring to the old assault. my god.. he hit a woman a SECOND time now? thats crazy...hes def gone. theres something going on there

Father Ted

First Grade
SYDNEY powerhouses Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra are at war over Tim Moltzen because the star utility has signed official NRL contracts with both clubs

How is that even possible? Is no one awake or sober at the NRL HQ? If this is true both clubs should sue the NRL for lack of due diligence or just for stupidity. In fact The NRL should apologise to us forget the bloody Stewart brothers lol

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
reading that lui was being dropped over an assault.. i thought it was some sort of mistake in the article. thinking theyre referring to the old assault. my god.. he hit a woman a SECOND time now? thats crazy...hes def gone. theres something going on there

He's not alone

Sharks player in court on assault charge

BY MONICA HEARY
05 Oct, 2011 10:36 AM
Cronulla Sharks winger Isaac John Charles Gordon appeared in court today after being charged with physically assaulting his girlfriend last Thursday.
His girlfriend, Karen Lee Davison, was successful in gaining an interim apprehended violence order against the player.
Gordon was dressed in a dark-coloured suit during his brief appearance at Sutherland Local Court.
The assault allegedly happened at Sylvania. The magistrate Bernard Kennedy adjourned the matter until October 12 when Gordon’s legal representative will be required to attend, but the NRL player will not be required to be present.

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/news/general/sharks-player-in-court-on-assault-charge/2313952.aspx

Breathingfire

Juniors
Having seen that Tigers statement I'm pretty sure that Moltzen won't be coming to the Dragons next year. The Dragons contract would just be an agreement to terms pending a release from the Tigers (hence why they got shitty when Doust announced the signing) and now that the scenery has changed over at the Tigers, they have decided not to grant the "pending" release. The Dragons wouldn't have banked on that happening and Moltzen thought he wasn't needed so both parties went off early. The Tigers hold all the aces and basically we don't have a leg to stand on. Well done Peter Douche...f**ked us for next year :x

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Statement from Wests Tigers on West Tigers Official Website
Whilst it was announced earlier this year by St George-Illawarra Dragons that Tim had signed a new contract with them to commence in 2012, Wests Tigers has not granted him a release from his existing contract with the Club that expires at the end of next season.

The matter is ongoing and the Club will work with Tim’s Manager and the Dragons to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.

The first time I read the statement, I interpreted it as if Tim is leaving for the Dragons, but there's just some formalities that have to be resolved.

Upon reflection, it's a very vague statement. It doesn't explicitly state what the Tigers administration intention is, whether they expect Tim to honour the contract, nor who they expect Tim to be playing for next season. Sure we can attempt to read between the lines and make assumptions, but it's really a nothing statement

Regardless of the outcome, hopefully it means that Doust learns to be more diplomatic about making signing announcements, Tauber learns to be more meticulous when organising contracts for his client, Humphries learns to control his staff better and Moltzen learns to be more professional and put his heart into the role given to him by his coach rather than having a 3 year sook about not playing the position he wants to play and using the media to stir up speculation.

Cagey Mac

Bench
The ducks and drakes has to stop
I'd petition to ban Moltzen from playing NRL for the duration of his contract (with SGI) and sue him and his agent for losses. If this is business then Doust has a fiduciary responsibility to pursue the matter to the fullest extent of the law as does Gallop in the interest of stakeholders.
Humphries tactics in this matter are obvious and shameful

Doust has to stand up to a smaller club and we have to flex our muscles with the NRL. It's that simple. If we don't get him he isn't allowed to play.

We are St George, they are some two bit second tier Penrith level joke outfit.

This is one that Doust wins or resigns over.

saints4ever

First Grade
That's the thing, throughout this whole saga nothing official has been verified, or if it has it has been contradicted later. Moltzen signed, tigers cracked the shits saying he didn't, Dragons stomped their feet and we heard no more about it, case closed.
But wait there's more...
Lui on the verge of being sacked, tigers want moltzen back, Dragons stomp their feet saying as far as they are concerned he plays, case closed.
but wait there's more...
tigers apparently never released moltzen in the first place.
NRL: soap opera for men

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm curious how the Moltzen haters over at WT are taking this. There were a few that were very happy to offload him.

silverex

Bench
Putting contracts and agreements aside, the real question is, 'Does Moltzen want to play for the Tigers or for the Dragons?'

It's been said before, IF he doesn't want to come to the Dragons, but is forced to, do we really want him?

I'd say 'no'. I only want players who have a desire to wear the Red V to be in the team. If you don't want it then 'F' off!

Bang

Juniors
That's the thing, throughout this whole saga nothing official has been verified, or if it has it has been contradicted later. Moltzen signed, tigers cracked the shits saying he didn't, Dragons stomped their feet and we heard no more about it, case closed.
But wait there's more...
Lui on the verge of being sacked, tigers want moltzen back, Dragons stomp their feet saying as far as they are concerned he plays, case closed.
but wait there's more...
tigers apparently never released moltzen in the first place.
NRL: soap opera for men

If the Tigers never released Moltzen and Moltzen and his manager made the representation to the Dragons that the Tigers had granted him a release Moltzen and his manager would at best be liable to a damages claim from the Dragons and at worse be guilty of fraud.

This is becoming eerily similar to the Steve Turner Storm-Titans dispute a few years ago.

Turner signed with the Titans then changed his mind and wanted to stay with Storm, which he did.

But the Storm also had to trade a couple of players over to the Titans to seal the deal.

At the very least we should be seeking this type of exchange, otherwise we've been done over deluxe.

Cagey Mac

Bench
If the Tigers never released Moltzen and Moltzen and his manager made the representation to the Dragons that the Tigers had granted him a release Moltzen and his manager would at best be liable to a damages claim from the Dragons and at worse be guilty of fraud.
Rendering him ineligible to play for the NRL for anybody.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This is becoming eerily similar to the Steve Turner Storm-Titans dispute a few years ago.

Turner signed with the Titans then changed his mind and wanted to stay with Storm, which he did.

But the Storm also had to trade a couple of players over to the Titans to seal the deal.

At the very least we should be seeking this type of exchange, otherwise we've been done over deluxe.
I was thinking the same thing.

The Turner saga was a lttle different inasmuch that the Titans stood firm in order to rid themselves of old perceptions. They still had the baggage of the Chargers. Storm were trying to run rougshod over the Gold Coast so they had to dig their heels in. From memory, the Titans got a pretty good deal in the end while the Storm were able to pretend that they'd won.

As for not wanting Moltzen if he doesn't want to come, players are supposed to be professional. Unfortunately, the loyalty to the jersey will have to take backseat while the business side of this plays out.

getsmarty

Immortal
I'm curious how the Moltzen haters over at WT are taking this. There were a few that were very happy to offload him.

Good Point willow...I'd say they changed their tune after his form picked up in the back end of the season.

Latest posts