What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith Broncos 08

eel01s

Bench
Suitman said:
I realise that, and part of my prediction included the fact that we have the established experienced players on board - notably Cayless and Hindmarsh.
Couple that with the enthusiastic youngsters and the signing of one or two more marquee players, I think we'll have the basis for a premiership winning team - ala the Tigers as you mentioned.

Suity

Any manangement/coach worth their salt would be looking to strengthen their playing roster each year, regardless of the previous year's results.

Suitman

Post Whore
eel01s said:
Any manangement/coach worth their salt would be looking to strengthen their playing roster each year, regardless of the previous year's results.

Ahhmm - yes, that's right. :?

Suity

Agent Mulder

Bench
pazzaeel said:
why is that?? why cant we keep both?

Yeah! thats what i want to know too!, Why is it that we always have to lose our good Jr's to other clubs and clubs like the Roosters can buy a new team.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eel01s said:

Who would you recruit from other clubs?

I actually think we have the players and the depth, we just need to retain our current playing roster which is the clubs biggest challenge. Over the next 1-2 years we have Inu, Mateo, Green, & T Smith coming off contract and need to be made the priority signings.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
I realise that, and part of my prediction included the fact that we have the established experienced players on board - notably Cayless and Hindmarsh.
Couple that with the enthusiastic youngsters and the signing of one or two more marquee players, I think we'll have the basis for a premiership winning team - ala the Tigers as you mentioned.

Suity

absolutely.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:

ideally yes, however the sallary cap prevents any club from ever creating a dynasty..the last 10 years have proven that.

The Colonel

Immortal
I don't see why we can't keep Timothy and Blake either. Regardless of the Finch situation the club should be trying their best to do that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:

I actually think we have the players and the depth, we just need to retain our current playing roster which is the clubs biggest challenge. Over the next 1-2 years we have Inu, Mateo, Green, & T Smith coming off contract and need to be made the priority signings.

there are no guarantees in life CS we can't say without certain that our juniors and the current players will bring us what we've all been hanging out for since 86..Fitzy tried that between 88 and 95 and failed dismally because the players who promised so much as Juniors didn't have a successful firstgrade career..in 88 we had 5 players in the NSW's under 19's Erickson, crncovic, Barnes, Liddiard and I think Rod Collins we also had Jackson and Woods...but obviously the step up got a bit much for some of them. They probably didn't get the grounding and guidence they needed at that time in their careers it did show that sometimes you just can't rely on development alone.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I don't think it will be that we can not afford to keep both. It is just whether both will stay when they are not certain of a first grade spot with Finch here also. I know people will say it is up to the player to prove themselves worthy of first grade but if either get offered a contract at a club with deficiencies in the halves like the Broncos(or many others) they would probably jump at the chance

eel01s

Bench
COACH STERLING said:

I believe we need at least one hard forward (I have nominated O'Donnell, but would also like Kite or someone of that ilk).

Avenger

Immortal
I do not think Finch comes into the equation from what I have seen in 2007. His signing appears to be a mistake.

It will be difficult for Timmy to leave because he obviously has plenty of fans within the team. (Ie Riddell, Marsh, Hindmarsh etc).

Keating is an absolute must at this club and he will be our long term 5/8th. Which comes to Blake Green. I appreciate he is a number 6 now but he is a manufactured 6 whose real position is 7. Unless Hagan considers him a hooker and Blake is agreeable to the same it will be between Blake and Timmy for the number 7, especially with a kid like Hodkinson who has played with Keating since he was 12 breathing down their necks.

I would hate to make the decision.

Avenger

Immortal
eel01s said:
I believe we need at least one hard forward (I have nominated O'Donnell, but would also like Kite or someone of that ilk).

I like O'Donnell too, however quality front rowers are more difficult to come by. If Manly snare him I would go all out for Kite.

Avenger

Immortal
When Keating destroys the opposition in the under 20's next year he will end up costing us more then double. Better we upgrade his deal now.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:

you got no arguements from me, I'm a fan of both..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
When Keating destroys the opposition in the under 20's next year he will end up costing us more then double. Better we upgrade his deal now.

what you need to understand also is that players now are dictated by Player managers who have proven thus far to hold off in negotiating any contracts with the view of getting more out of clubs.

i notice Hayne's management have stalled negotiations until next year ;-)

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
what you need to understand also is that players now are dictated by Player managers who have proven thus far to hold off in negotiating any contracts with the view of getting more out of clubs.

i notice Hayne's management have stalled negotiations until next year ;-)

If I was Hayne I would too. Besides he wants to play fullback.

I still think his best chance to play there is with us unless you wants to be Peachey's replacement at Souths in 09.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
If I was Hayne I would too. Besides he wants to play fullback.

I still think his best chance to play there is with us unless you wants to be Peachey's replacement at Souths in 09.

exactly, I see there's going to be alot of players tell their clubs the same thing, it wouldn't be just happeining to us.

Redback71

First Grade
just wish the powers that be would hurry and some of these players signed, whats the deal with hayne is he contracted beyond this year?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Redback71 said:
just wish the powers that be would hurry and some of these players signed, whats the deal with hayne is he contracted beyond this year?

if you read the 2 posts above Avenger and I have basically touched on the reasons why our hands are tied with some players and he's contracted till the end of 08.