What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timana Tahu out, Joel Monaghan in for State of Origin II

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Racism against whites isn't kosher either. It has to be a two-way street on these things.

Anyway I hope Tahu returns for SOO II. Hindy has suggested that he might. Its on the Sydney Morning Herald. I would post the link but apparently there's a rule on the forum saying you can't post a link if you haven't had more than 20 posts (?!). I tried earlier.

Would this mean Monaghan missed last nights game for nothing? The raiders wouldn't be too happy, they could have done with him.

DeanPay98

Juniors
I'm not sure if its official from the NSW team or just Hindmarsh. But I think that though the Raiders wouldn't be happy, it might be the right thing under the circumstances. Particularly given the crappy way the NSW officials dealt with it. But Tahu hasn't said that he wants to come back, much less whether he'd now feel obligated to not deny Monaghan a place.

Haynzy

First Grade
To compare racism against whites or Europeans as the same as racism against Indigenous Australians shows a total ignorance of the issues Indigenous Australians face and have faced for 212 years.

This is not to diminish the racism in those situations but you have to realise that they are not comparable.

belmoreeel

Juniors
To compare racism against whites or Europeans as the same as racism against Indigenous Australians shows a total ignorance of the issues Indigenous Australians face and have faced for 212 years.

This is not to diminish the racism in those situations but you have to realise that they are not comparable.
and europe has been trouble free with no genocides or anything for 5000 years?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Will someone stand up for the Martians?
0,5001,6310011,00.jpg

Martians have been severely abused for a very long time
particularly on forums like this one.

Please help us.... we have feelings too...

DeanPay98

Juniors
Will someone stand up for the Martians?
0,5001,6310011,00.jpg

Martians have been severely abused for a very long time
particularly on forums like this one.

Please help us.... we have feelings too...

I have always wondered where Hagan came from. This explains his decision to let Maloney and Hodkinson go. Hagan looks slightly Vulcan in that photo though...

The fact that NSW spent 12 hours talking to Tahu does show that at least they tried something to resolve the dispute. They couldn't sack Johns without first asking him to explain. The fact that Johns was away surfing etc doesn't look good but it shows how oblivious he was to the whole thing. A very unfortunate situation.

bartman

Immortal
How do you unintentionally call someone a black merkin?

Fully support Tahu's stand on this, particularly seeing as it's now come out that the NSWRL had simply tried to cover it up. I can see why Paul Osborne saw Tahu as a priority signing, for his leadership both on and off the field.
Agree.

Hopefully Osborne follows through and ends Joey's coaching association with Parramatta instantly. Anything less would show Osborne's as much a boofhead-culture prick as Andrew Johns in.

DeanPay98

Juniors
I'm pretty sure you can't just sack somebody without first asking them to show cause why they shouldn't be sacked. I'm not an IR lawyer so I don't know. But I guess Johns' contract would have a termination clause etc. They probably thought this could be dealt with behind closed doors. If they went public with it before talking to Johns etc it would've seemed like an ambush. On the other hand they would have had to satisfy Tahu. I don't see why they couldn't have told Tahu that they'd take a harsh stance with Johns instead of trying to mediate it away. I mean I can see the reasoning but it would've been apparent at some point that it wasn't going to work that way.

bartman

Immortal
Some behaviours can mean an instant sacking (ie summary dismissal)?

Racism = should be a breach of code of conduct = should be instant sacking.

NSW has been gutless here, the old boys gang has tried to protect f**k-up Joey, and now I hope we get smashed to smithereens on Wednesday in Tahu's absence.

strider

Post Whore
wow cool - lets turn on NSW and hope we get smashed cos of what andrew johns said - really cool

infact he's had a role at parra too - so lets hope parra get smashed the rest of the season too .... cool

Stagger eel

Staff member
Some behaviours can mean an instant sacking (ie summary dismissal)?

Racism = should be a breach of code of conduct = should be instant sacking.

NSW has been gutless here, the old boys gang has tried to protect f**k-up Joey, and now I hope we get smashed to smithereens on Wednesday in Tahu's absence.

don't you think you're going over board here??

Gronk

Staff member

No he's not. Joey calls Inglis a bl**k c*** and then is surprised at an indigenous person's reaction...

Then says to the press that he's "shocked" and that he's "not a racist."

I think the reason he was shocked was that he realized that he actually was a racist.

Seriously if you don't get it in 2010 then you never really will.

bartman

Immortal
wow cool - lets turn on NSW and hope we get smashed cos of what andrew johns said - really cool

infact he's had a role at parra too - so lets hope parra get smashed the rest of the season too .... cool
Not trying to be cool... I hope Johns is sacked from his role at Parra immediately by Osborne. As a club we shouldn't tolerate racism (made a good stance after Petero's complaint against our crowd back in the Denis days), so I'm hoping Osborne shows some leadership here...

NSW haven't shown any leadership, and it's harder for me to cheer them on (or feel positive toward the current team structure/admin) as a result. Racism just does that for me, may not have the same effect on everyone (and that's fair enough).

No, if I (and people in many other roles) made a comment like that in my work, I'd rightly be sacked on the spot (with recourse to appeal etc, but sacked immediately nonetheless).