What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Moylan to 5/8

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
We could have won that game if we'd respected possession in the first half. Getting 18-0 down against good sides doesn't win you many games. I agree Cummins was appalling at the finish but we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. There was no uproar about the last 10 minutes, even from our club, because Canberra were the better side for the most minutes and appeared to deserve to win. We were just denied the chance of grabbing a win we didn't deserve.

The sort of thing that happened in the first half of that game happened about a dozen times during the season, including the week before against the Dogs (who did play their hand pretty well early on). Or if the first half was good, the second wasn't. Only a tiny handful of times did we put 80 minutes together. I hope the coach is addressing this problem.
I get what you're trying to say but wasn't the biggest gripe Penrith fans had with Cummins was how he handled the ruck for the first 60 odd minutes of the match?Differing interpretations of strips/knock ons, limiting our attacking opportunities and gifting Raiders more.

Also the absent uproar from us isn't anything new to be honest.I genuinely don't remember the last time we complained about refereeing/decisions made by the NRL.

franklin2323

Immortal
I get what you're trying to say but wasn't the biggest gripe Penrith fans had with Cummins was how he handled the ruck for the first 60 odd minutes of the match?Differing interpretations of strips/knock ons, limiting our attacking opportunities and gifting Raiders more.

Also the absent uproar from us isn't anything new to be honest.I genuinely don't remember the last time we complained about refereeing/decisions made by the NRL.

A few stripped called knock ons and the opposite for them. shocking really

Kilkenny

Coach
A few stripped called knock ons and the opposite for them. shocking really

There were certainly some wrong calls in the crucial last 20 minutes or so against the Raiders. Given we had somehow got ourselves back into the contest it was disappointing to have the 50/50 calls go against us and take away any opportunity we had to win the game.

bebo

Juniors
Penrith coach Anthony Griffin has hinted young five-eighth Te Maire Martin is the frontrunner to join Nathan Cleary in the Panthers' halves next season, but refused to definitively rule out Bryce Cartwright from continuing in the role he made his own in 2016.

mxlegend99

Referee
Bryce looked so much better when he stopped playing like a 6 and focused on trying to bust the line and pop an offload instead. Ball playing should be the secondary part of his game.

betcats

Referee
Penrith coach Anthony Griffin has hinted young five-eighth Te Maire Martin is the frontrunner to join Nathan Cleary in the Panthers' halves next season, but refused to definitively rule out Bryce Cartwright from continuing in the role he made his own in 2016.

He also refused to rule out DWZ switching to FB. He is just keeping people guessing I think, DWZ wont get near FB and Bryce wont get near the halves.

soc123_au

Staff member
I hope this is just paper fodder. Bryce had a good crack, but he aint a 6.

maple_69

Bench
We've had Martin in the wings for the last 18 months and short of a personal incident he's a talent you don't leave out of your plans. Then Moylan has always had question marks over his size and contact. Maybe it was just finally the right time. It will be interesting to see how he and Cleary goes without such an utterly dominant pack performance and some more dynamic attack coming at him.

mxlegend99

Referee
We didn't have the team to do such a move 3 years ago. Yeo and Blake were epic in helping him in defence. 3 years ago it was plodders in those jerseys
3 years ago we had Idris and Whare in our centres. Elijah Taylor at lock... the only plodder was Will Smith at 6.

Soward was paired with Wallace. Peachey. Cartwright and Will Smith that season. Could have been much stronger moving Moylan and ysing this backline:

1. Dwz
2. Mansour
3. Idris
4. Whare
5. Simmons
6. Moylan
7. Soward

It really doesn't matter today. But that would have worked better than any combination involving Will Smith. Saying it couldnt have worked is ridiculous. Moylan should have always been ahead of Peachey, Carty and Smith for 6. Even if its not our first choice combination.

martielang

Bench
We've had Martin in the wings for the last 18 months and short of a personal incident he's a talent you don't leave out of your plans. Then Moylan has always had question marks over his size and contact. Maybe it was just finally the right time. It will be interesting to see how he and Cleary goes without such an utterly dominant pack performance and some more dynamic attack coming at him.

Yep, agreed.

franklin2323

Immortal
Cleary has been off for a few week. Again on the weekend shocking last tackle plays so the spotlight will be on him should Moylan make a good fist of 5/8th

franklin2323

Immortal
3 years ago we had Idris and Whare in our centres. Elijah Taylor at lock... the only plodder was Will Smith at 6.

Soward was paired with Wallace. Peachey. Cartwright and Will Smith that season. Could have been much stronger moving Moylan and ysing this backline:

1. Dwz
2. Mansour
3. Idris
4. Whare
5. Simmons
6. Moylan
7. Soward

It really doesn't matter today. But that would have worked better than any combination involving Will Smith. Saying it couldnt have worked is ridiculous. Moylan should have always been ahead of Peachey, Carty and Smith for 6. Even if its not our first choice combination.

Matt Robinson/Manu were our 2nd rowers. Moylan only had a handful of games in FG it could of ruined him too. No guarantees

Fangs

Coach
Moylan ticks the box again in his second game. Though that short kicking game won't be fixed overnight. I think he gave up two 7 tackle sets.

He more than makes up for it with those silky, smooth hands. I wonder what moisturiser he uses.

Moylan ticks the box again in his second game. Though that short kicking game won't be fixed overnight. I think he gave up two 7 tackle sets.

He more than makes up for it with those silky, smooth hands. I wonder what moisturiser he uses.

Missed tackles hurt us a bit tonight, but I'm confident he'll improve.

Was talking with a panthers fan on twitter that swears moving Moylan was a "masterstroke" by Griffin and it was the plan all along to move him halfway during the year :joy::joy::joy:

betcats

Referee
As said in the main forum he has plenty to work on but so far so good. I think he has 5 tries on his last 5 games, his running game has come along this year.

Latest posts