What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans v Manly spoiler

sneagle

Juniors
He did, but lost control of it.
He did, he scooped it back andthen turned and dived on it. At best it should have been a knock on by Manly..
Dessie was right - absolutely poor decision by a junior referee placed under pressure, and though the game is professional the officialdom isn't.:x

sneagle

Juniors
Just saw it on the news again, once real time, once in slo-mo.

Orford didn't even come up with the ball as part of his first attempt/challenge... he had to dive on it after he had felled Campbell.
Sorry Bartman - you may have put your glasses on but I suspect you didn't clean them...:p

Orford didn't even come up with the ball as part of his first attempt/challenge... he had to dive on it after he had felled Campbell.
He got a hand on the ball before he came into contact with Campbell, and then lost it. It was a loose ball and Orford got to it first: fair challenge.
Knock on? Maybe.
Penalty? No f*cking way.

And to those of you saying 'get over it', you wait til it happens to your team. That game was hugely important in getting our season back on track. I'm sure Dogs and Rabbits fans can empathise with us.

ByRd

First Grade
Well .. Manly have been dudded by a call which is just as bad the one the Dogs copped last week. Both in the last minute.

Let's see if Phil Gould and the rest of the media make as big a deal of it.

I look forward to consistency on their part ...... LOL.
My God you St Merge fans are bad, a week on after you guys "won" the game yet you are still whinging lollll

RufusRex

Post Whore
Orford attacked Preston to clear him out to then have a clear challenge at the ball ... tough call but correct.

Orford was playing the man not the ball ..

Game_Breaker

Coach
Saw it on the replay and on the news

Was a bad call

The only defence for the ref I can think of is he was in a bad position, he was behind them.

Glenn

First Grade
Happens week in week out, season after season that the refs makes mistakes.
Like it or not there is another 10k to to the NRL Christmas Party fund.

Coaster

Bench
So what if it was on slow replay contentious, the fact is we pay these guys to make a decision, on the spot with the heat on and he did.

I would much rather this then a 4 minute video ref blunder.

MSIH

Bench

You're an idiot. Stick to writing essays on sexual asasult and women issues because your knowledge on league is even less than those isses.

It seems to me he could have gone straight in for the ball, instead of going into Cambells legs first, then grabbing the ball.

Watch it again, the ref got it right.
Spot on bartman..there was no way orford had any other intention than to take cambell out..watch his head and eyes positioning
He rolled the dice to see if the ref had the balls to call it..he did.
Correct call

lockyrulz

Juniors
How can we accept officials deciding matches instead of the players? Why bother watching games if the 2 refs out there f*ck them up?

Its all well and good for Broncos fans like you who have never had refs blatantly decide games. The junior refs and video refs in dying stages of games are absolutely bottling it and they should be accountable for their mistakes.

Oh ffs.

You spastics just can't get it can you?

How is it a dud call? Because you and some other people say it is? So in order for you to be all happy and contented, and god knows that is vital, we should just hard wire the refs call button into your home, because clearly only the calls you agree with are the right ones.

If the ref hadn't made a decision, then everyone who felt that Campbell was impeded would be blowing up. It is subjective, do you get it yet sweetie?

Cletus

First Grade
Oh f**k me if that wasn't the most f**ked up decision I've ever seen. I had a rant lined up but I've f**ked it up aparently. Needless to say the Refs are so incompetant you've have to wonder whether they're betting on it. I liked the two ref system until I realised there's two of these idiots to decide the results. Are they Blind? No, they're useless. Completely hopeless. Useless idiots. If you thougth one of these cretins could f**k up a game, welcome to 2009. They can ruin every game you've seen with their mystifying penalties. If someone can actually explain what that penalty was for I'll buy them a donut. BEcause I've got no idea what that was for, anoyone?

bartman

Immortal
You're an idiot. Stick to writing essays on sexual asasult and women issues because your knowledge on league is even less than those isses.
:lol: Nice way to actually discuss the issue at hand.

Orford didn't come up with the ball on the first attempt, and took away Campbell's chance to. It wasa very clumsy (and untimately costly) attempt at the ball, if that is what he was doing. I can see why the penalty was awarded.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Oh f**k me if that wasn't the most f**ked up decision I've ever seen. I had a rant lined up but I've f**ked it up aparently. Needless to say the Refs are so incompetant you've have to wonder whether they're betting on it. I liked the two ref system until I realised there's two of these idiots to decide the results. Are they Blind? No, they're useless. Completely hopeless. Useless idiots. If you thougth one of these cretins could f**k up a game, welcome to 2009. They can ruin every game you've seen with their mystifying penalties. If someone can actually explain what that penalty was for I'll buy them a donut. BEcause I've got no idea what that was for, anoyone?

Because impeding the player deliberately without the ball including ankle tapping results in pnealties being awarded.

Upon watchin the replay and knowing about the 'horrible decision' I was waiting for something terrible and obviously wrong ... what I got was a 50/50 call.

It looked like Orford took Campbell out and then ended up with the ball after he took Campbell out. I can absolutely see how the ref came to the decision and it was nothing like a 'horrible' decision.

bboy_insane

Juniors
It's funny how the people in this thread who are saying it was a legitimate penalty are the people time and time again bash Manly at every opportunity.